Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is europe ready for the new band?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: is europe ready for the new band?  (Read 7544 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 08:17:36 AM »

Europe isnt some cave that the newspapers dont reach. I doubt itll suprise anyone going to the concert that Slash is not there.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 08:20:30 AM »

Europe isnt some cave that the newspapers dont reach. I doubt itll suprise anyone going to the concert that Slash is not there.

would you stop being so paranoid?! ok, here, let me rephrase myself for you: in both europe and america and the rest of the world there are dumbfucks who have no clue and who still buy tickets to "be seen" at the shows or to hear nostaligia, these people will buy tickets and stand there like sheep calling for slash, but yes the problem with that seems to be lesser in europe than in america. there, is that better? my point still stands.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 09:02:05 AM »

Well of course there are the kind of persons you described but that's a really really small minority.. Exactly same goes for USA.

It's not like Europe would less well prepared. Here people just accept the fact that Axl is what makes GN'R and without Axl there is no GN'R Wink

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 09:06:24 AM »

Well of course there are the kind of persons you described but that's a really really small minority.. Exactly same goes for USA.

It's not like Europe would less well prepared. Here people just accept the fact that Axl is what makes GN'R and without Axl there is no GN'R Wink

well, not everone. and you should read my previous post in this thread, i didn't single out europe, i talked about the fact that they are going to europe, that's why i mentioned it. anyway, welcome to the board peace

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 09:07:53 AM »

I think we're ready to accept the new band, but I don't really get why Axl says there's a bigger problem with that in the US. Maybe in the media, but there still seems to be a pretty big fanbase in the States and it seems to me that they trust him.

.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 09:09:17 AM »

well, not everone. and you should read my previous post in this thread, i didn't single out europe, i talked about the fact that they are going to europe, that's why i mentioned it. anyway, welcome to the board peace
Heh well Ive been lurking around here for quite long time but yeah there are people who are either too ignorant or too dumb to realize that Slash aint in the band anymore..

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »

We here in Europe are not stupid you know? ..... its seems that the people in the US have problems .....
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 09:27:05 AM »

Let's not go down that road, please. Stay focused on the band.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 09:44:56 AM »

We are more than ready!

Bring it on!  beer
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »

We here in Europe are not stupid you know? ..... its seems that the people in the US have problems .....

it may interest you to know that i'm not american, i'm european. good day.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 11:59:46 AM »

its well documentated over in england

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »

of course we're ready   peace

velvet revolver got hyped and well covered here in 2004 and even extended their 2005 tour here, which went down v well - meaning that it's more common knowledge these days that Duff, Matt and Slash (in particular slash as most people who dont even like music recognise him) are in another band and have been for some time.

Leeds festival and docklands rocked our fcn island in 2002 and we are waiting our turn again patiently.... beer

(if you are a guns fan - I doubt you'd be that upset if Axl was the only original guy performing, perhaps if Dizzy had taken the name and was doing his own thing with it, that would be a bit different heh heh!!!)
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 01:26:40 PM »

Europe is always ready for any band that wants to come and kick ass. yes

Leeds and London were ready in 2002 and we'll be ready at Donington.

As soon as I heard Guns were playing Donington I booked my ticket.

All the rumours were irrelevant about who was in the band, out of the band, shaking it about with the band.

At the end of the day it will be classic rock tunes being played on that stage with hopefully a smattering of new ones as well.

If any of the original guys come along for the ride, it's merely a bonus. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 01:28:52 PM »

Of course they are "ready" why wouldnt they be?  They have much better music festivals than we do.. they have seen the band before... in better shape than we did here in the states..... They seem to play better in Europe than here..... Why wouldnt they be "ready"Huh dumb
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 01:30:30 PM »

The Europeans are ready for the new band just like we (Americans) are. ?You can't take everything (or anything) Axl said at face value. ?IMO, everything Axl says and does is very calculated and only in Axl's mind is the answer to what his ulterior motive was ... if there even was one ... when he made that comment.

I think Axl knows that the new line-up will thrive once their material is out there and that the mixture of the old with the new is vital to the GNR legacy. ?If he isn't thinking this way and wants peoples to see GNR only in terms of the current line-up, then he wouldn't be doing as much of the old material and he would tell Izzy to stand down.

Bottom line is Axl himself said that the Europeans have accepted the current line-up.

And he can't be too concerned about Americans not accepting them because we're the first ones who get to see/hear GNR with the new 3rd guitarist PLUS, depending how the phase of moon affects him, we get Izzy too!!! headbanger

So I guess the moral of my story is: ?The whole world is ready ... and if you're traveling through Indiana, don't drink the water.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 01:50:11 PM »

It amazes me that people still don't know that Slash isn't with Axl anymore. I mean its been over 10 years.  I guess people don't read about or discuss rock music enough. I can understand if people spend their time listening to other types of music. But for a fan of rock music not to know this?

I mean storys about GNR and VR appear in magazines all the time.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:52:46 PM by brownstonemr » Logged
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 01:50:18 PM »

The Europeans are ready for the new band just like we (Americans) are. ?You can't take everything (or anything) Axl said at face value. ?IMO, everything Axl says and does is very calculated and only in Axl's mind is the answer to what his ulterior motive was ... if there even was one ... when he made that comment.

I think Axl knows that the new line-up will thrive once their material is out there and that the mixture of the old with the new is vital to the GNR legacy. ?If he isn't thinking this way and wants peoples to see GNR only in terms of the current line-up, then he wouldn't be doing as much of the old material and he would tell Izzy to stand down.

Bottom line is Axl himself said that the Europeans have accepted the current line-up.

And he can't be too concerned about Americans not accepting them because we're the first ones who get to see/hear GNR with the new 3rd guitarist PLUS, depending how the phase of moon affects him, we get Izzy too!!! headbanger

So I guess the moral of my story is: ?The whole world is ready ... and if you're traveling through Indiana, don't drink the water.

haha did axl say that last part? hilarious rofl

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »

Shocked
how do you do that headbanger smilie?  hihi

and on topic
I think almost everyone who is going knows that there is a new lineup, I mean, if you're going to a gnr show, you must know a little about them  Undecided

shit happens when you party naked
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 01:58:48 PM »

Shocked
how do you do that headbanger smilie?? hihi

and on topic
I think almost everyone who is going knows that there is a new lineup, I mean, if you're going to a gnr show, you must know a little about them? Undecided

unfortunately for axl, some idiots call themselves fans but haven't checked in on the band for the past 13 years and now they see ads in the newspaper and want to be seen there to reminice the 90's. sad.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2006, 05:45:08 PM »

lol I dunno guys lol, the last time they were in Lisbon, like during the Illusion tour, they did a concert here that, as some friends of mine who were there told me, was like... dreadful lol... you might know the story but if u didn?t I?ll try to: so we had this band opening, Faith no More that made ppl from the crowd trowing things for the stage lol, so as their concert ended the stage floor was full of all kinds of things so that some ppl had to get there and wash it with a hoose... so, the floor was all wet lol. then, as GN?R were announced and as Axl came in ready to start running all around the stage, he fall LOL... like it must have been very embarassing, ppl started teasing him and lol he sang two songs laying there, in the floor! LOl Then, he started normally again between many "fuck you,  and fucking ppl" u know how he is lol and then he dissapeared... Lol I think he got out of stage a million times, letting ppl waiting for him like for hourse, the encores lasted too long as well, lol Axl was really pissed off... lol u know...

I was not there but what I?ve written was based on what ppl who were there told me, but if I missed something feel free to add.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 05:52:38 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: