Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:02:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is europe ready for the new band?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: is europe ready for the new band?  (Read 7538 times)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« on: May 09, 2006, 06:55:44 AM »

i know axl has said that the european crowds are more accepting of the new band, and i'm sure that's true, but this time around, with the arenas and all the festivals, how many are actually expecting to see the classic line-up at the shows and will be disappointed, no matter how good the music is? i've talked to a few people about gnr coming to europe, and most of them were like "oh really? cool dude! i love their music" and didn't seem to be able to grasp the fact that slash is gone, it's just not something they have occupied their minds with. would you say most people know who they are buying tickets to see? (the irony is we don't excactly either, with this new player Grin)

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:00:50 AM »

when you hear the band it dont matter  Axls singing thats the main thing without him yeah it wouldnt sound right like AXL said in Rio the New Guys can Play the Fuck outta the Old Material.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:05:01 AM »

yes we are thank you  Wink

Chinese Democracy!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:07:41 AM »

they did festivals in 2002 too, things went just fine then. didn't hit any problems till the US tour. ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 07:12:18 AM »

GNR, bring it on !!!!!!!!!!! 
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 07:15:59 AM »

but you all are missing the point by a bit, i realize that the festival gigs in 2002 went smoothly, and i'm sure the audience will be very accepting both there and at the arenas this time around too, but my question is; will alot of people buy tickets expecting to see the old band, and hence feel ripped off? (though if you feel ripped off by a gnr concert you don't deserve your money back anyway). i think axl is aware of this, and once they start playing the enormous response from the fans will drown the complainers. Cool

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 07:20:53 AM »

but you all are missing the point by a bit, i realize that the festival gigs in 2002 went smoothly, and i'm sure the audience will be very accepting both there and at the arenas this time around too, but my question is; will alot of people buy tickets expecting to see the old band, and hence feel ripped off? (though if you feel ripped off by a gnr concert you don't deserve your money back anyway). i think axl is aware of this, and once they start playing the enormous response from the fans will drown the complainers. Cool

London Docklands Every Motherfucker Went Crazy when the band came on. If people were expecting the old band they were not fans and i belive it is common knowladge that it aint the old band anymore from talking to people that know fuck all about the band except they wrote SCOM WTTJ etc. If your expecting the old band come outta the nineties
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:23:23 AM »

London Docklands Every Motherfucker Went Crazy when the band came on. If people were expecting the old band they were not fans and i belive it is common knowladge that it aint the old band anymore from talking to people that know fuck all about the band except they wrote SCOM WTTJ etc. If your expecting the old band come outta the nineties

lol true, great point actually. if you still expect the old band you haven't really cared about guns n' roses for the past ten years anyway, have you... hence you don't have a right to complain. Cool

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »

You'd think us Europeans live in caves and go round with our eyes shut the way some people go on lol. The Axl/Slash split was one of the biggest break ups in music history, 99% of people at the shows will know that there's only really Axl left from the old days.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 07:36:05 AM »

You'd think us Europeans live in caves and go round with our eyes shut the way some people go on lol. The Axl/Slash split was one of the biggest break ups in music history, 99% of people at the shows will know that there's only really Axl left from the old days.

all i'm sayin is several europeans i have talked to seems to pay no attention to, say things some morons would say like "oh it ain't the same without slash", but this could be out of two reasons. 1. europeans are more accepting of the new band. 2. alot of people have forgotten about gnr and think they're in for a nostaliga act from the 90's. boy are they wrong. Cool probably a mixture of those two, wouldn't you think? some know and accept, some have no clue.

leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 07:38:43 AM »

Yes!!We want to see the new band..we want to listen new songs..we want to listen Axl's screams...we just want GNR!!!! ?beer

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
Origen
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 07:39:16 AM »

You'd think us Europeans live in caves and go round with our eyes shut the way some people go on lol.

Dude didn't you know we Europeans are stupid, only Americans really get it ? nervous ?hihi
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 07:40:59 AM »

Yes!!We want to see the new band..we want to listen new songs..we want to listen Axl's screams...we just want GNR!!!! ?beer

that's the spirit! same as me! beer

and for those thinking this thread was a way of calling europeans stupid, go back and read the post. you missed my point by a fucking mile peace

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 07:47:24 AM »

what new band?
they toured here 4 years ago.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 07:56:42 AM »

all i'm sayin is several europeans i have talked to seems to pay no attention to, say things some morons would say like "oh it ain't the same without slash", but this could be out of two reasons. 1. europeans are more accepting of the new band. 2. alot of people have forgotten about gnr and think they're in for a nostaliga act from the 90's. boy are they wrong. Cool probably a mixture of those two, wouldn't you think? some know and accept, some have no clue.

Yeh probably although you can hardly blame some people for expecting to see the old band when the promo posters in some places are of the appetite lineup it's no wonder there's confusion  confused

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 08:06:29 AM »

yes we are thank you? Wink
agreed
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 08:07:18 AM »

personally i have only seen ads with the gnr logo, i doubt there are official ads with afd line-up pictures. anyway, axl rightfully owns the name guns n' roses, he's entitled to use it as he pleases.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 08:08:52 AM »

Yeh probably although you can hardly blame some people for expecting to see the old band when the promo posters in some places are of the appetite lineup it's no wonder there's confusion? confused
thats what i was just about to say! they havnt actually done much to promote the new band.but i think if you didnt know slash had left the band then you must av been asleep since 1996.i think the 2002 tour should have sorted that but then again,with all the rumours floating around about a reunion that havnt been shutdown,poeple will be confused as to wether their goin to see a new line up or a reunion.friday night will sort that out ?ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 08:10:07 AM »

personally i have only seen ads with the gnr logo, i doubt there are official ads with afd line-up pictures. anyway, axl rightfully owns the name guns n' roses, he's entitled to use it as he pleases.
there were a couple of sites promoting the TOUR which had pics of the AFD lineup in them

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
makane
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 08:15:34 AM »

In Finland(in Sweden and Norway too?) the OFFICIAL promotion video on TV was clips of Live and Let Die,

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: