Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff On Heart; Reveals New Song Title, Potential Producers
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff On Heart; Reveals New Song Title, Potential Producers  (Read 6110 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« on: May 09, 2006, 01:57:06 AM »

Duff McKagan gives love to Heart, Pharrell checks out Ludacris

Went to a viewing party last week in L.A. for VH1 Classic's Decades Rock Live, featuring Heart and some of the Wilson sisters' Seattle brethren -- including the reunited Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan. After making me earn a quote by doing shots of Patron tequila, Alice bassist Mike Inez, who's played with Heart for the last five years, talked about what the group meant to him. "They're like royalty in Seattle," said Inez. "They're my sisters in life, in music." Ann and Nancy Wilson also had family on their minds -- their mom, who died recently. "Our mom was passing away at the exact time that we were doing the show," said Nancy. "It was a landmark show for us: Much in the way Bono still commemorates his dad, we were doing our commemorating." McKagan said Heart made him think of his own family: His older brothers and sisters used to catch Heart playing local clubs when he was little. "First call I made when this [gig] came up was back home to my family," he confessed . . .
But the Velvet Revolver bassist also had some more to say about his own band's upcoming album. "Lenny Kravitz wants to record us. Daniel Lanois, we want to do a track with. Pharrell will probably do one," said McKagan. "And then a myriad of others are doing two or three songs each." As for his favorite track thus far: "A song called 'Wasted Heart' is great. Kind of a back-to-Exile on Main Street-type of song."

Thanks to Mikka for posting this at the VR Forum.
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 02:09:47 AM »

So Pharrell will do only one song. Seems people got worked up over nothing.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 02:20:07 AM »

They should Lenny produce the whole album, that'd be killer! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 03:02:57 AM »

Im excited by the prospect of having many different producers on the album.  It seems like a refreshing step forward from Contraband, which didnt have a diverse sound at all.  Sonic diversity is one thing I am hoping for with this album, and multiple producers is a promising start.  As for "Wasted Heart," I like the Stones comparison.  The last time Duff made such a comparison was "Loving The Alien" (which he also likened to Exile On Main Street Stones) and I love that song.

As a side-note, its interesting that both GNR and VR are ending their hibernation periods with performances on May 12th.  A lot of  questions about songs, both bands' lineups, etc. will be answered that day.  Now its looking as if their albums may be released around the same time (although I wouldnt be surprised if VRs was delayed due to GNRs).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:55:42 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 12:04:43 PM »

So Pharrell will do only one song. Seems people got worked up over nothing.

I told everyone about it, but they skipped or ignored the truth for some reason.  Undecided

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 12:14:03 PM »

this will be intresting to hear! "wasted heart" sound like a killer title

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Francisco_Trento
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 12:14:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRFn-lcArWE&feature=Views&page=5&t=t&f=b
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »

Not a big fan of the multi producer thng, those type of set ups tend to lead to a "scattered" final work.

The trick will finding sonic diversity with a shared focus, much more difficult to achieve with that many cooks in the kitchen.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

Anyone else sick of all this talk. Why don't they record the album already & act like they're in VR again. Why would Duff want to be in that gay version of AIC anyways? Some pretty boy singing AIC songs just isn't right.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 02:38:20 PM »

Sounds good.. I actually have had Exile On Maint Street on heavy rotation for a couple months now..  Killer album...  High expectations for this next album!

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 02:45:23 PM »

Anyone else sick of all this talk. Why don't they record the album already & act like they're in VR again. Why would Duff want to be in that gay version of AIC anyways? Some pretty boy singing AIC songs just isn't right.

Layne was a pretty boy at one time himself 

I think it is cool what AIC are doing..  It's obviously not the same thing but I bet the shows will be great... Just to hear all those great Alice tunes.... Jerry will probably do good ammount of singing too...

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 02:55:19 PM »

was this on TV? i caught the AIC performance but nothing before it as i didnt know duff was there

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 03:13:46 PM »

Layne was a pretty boy at one time himself?

I think it is cool what AIC are doing..? It's obviously not the same thing but I bet the shows will be great... Just to hear all those great Alice tunes.... Jerry will probably do good ammount of singing too...

I know Layne Staley was at one point a glam type fellow, what late 80's/early 90's musicain wasn't? But that was long before AIC created the identity that we all know. I guess I just wish Jerry would do something a little fresher than rehashing the AIC thing. I already have all the cd's & I think he's better than just reliving the past. But he can do whatever the fuck he wants, he's earned it. I won't be going to see them though, it's like Sammy Hagar signing old school VH songs, just doesn't work for me.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »

Not a big fan of the multi producer thng, those type of set ups tend to lead to a "scattered" final work.

The trick will finding sonic diversity with a shared focus, much more difficult to achieve with that many cooks in the kitchen.

I see your point, but I think as long as VR comes through with 13 strong tracks, the multi-producer thing can be a real asset.  It can also serve as an opportunity for the band to try a few producers and we can determine which one might be best for future projects.  Or it might not even sound like the work of different producers.  VR will always have a hand in production and that hand might be strong enough to keep things more focused than we think theyll be.  Regardless, as someone who wants diversity from this record more than anything else, its the angle Im most excited about.

Out of curiosity, what multi-producer albums come to mind for you?  I was trying to think of some and was coming up short.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 04:07:02 PM »

Well, we will see if it's a good idea after we listen to the fucking album
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 05:32:44 PM »

thanks for posting this, good to see Duff keeping us up to date on things.

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 06:10:07 PM »

It is rumored this song is about Slash's wasted heart with Pearla.

I have no source.

I just started this rumor.

Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 12:39:09 PM »

I have no source.

Hey, at least you're honest.
Jonathan
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »

I have no source.

I don't know what it is, but I find this hilarious.
Origen
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 03:01:02 PM »

I have no source.

rofl It'll be interesting to hear the song if that is true.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: