Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy to return to Soul Asylum after the Europe tour. CONFIRMED
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy to return to Soul Asylum after the Europe tour. CONFIRMED  (Read 9504 times)
parisrocks
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:17:25 PM »

Lazlo of 96.5 the buzz in Kansas City told me today that he spoke w/ Soul Asylum's manager, personally, and they have confirmation for Tommy to appear w/ Soul Asylum after the Europe gigs.

Soul Asylum will be playing 96.5's Beach Ball II on July 29th in Kansas City and Lazlo received an emphatic "yes" to if Tommy would appear.

Soul asylum's dates only take them through Aug. 3rd, but do have a Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno appearence scheduled for July 10th which conflicts w/ GNR's opening slot for the Stones.

They do have a substitute bass man. . .  but for a televised gig?  Who knows?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »

cool that axl lets him do both....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:25:39 PM »

Lazlo of 96.5 the buzz in Kansas City told me today that he spoke w/ Soul Asylum's manager, personally, and they have confirmation for Tommy to appear w/ Soul Asylum after the Europe gigs.

Soul Asylum will be playing 96.5's Beach Ball II on July 29th in Kansas City and Lazlo received an emphatic "yes" to if Tommy would appear.

Soul asylum's dates only take them through Aug. 3rd, but do have a Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno appearence scheduled for July 10th which conflicts w/ GNR's opening slot for the Stones.

I wouldnt bet on what that DJ is saying if I were you.
Bono
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:31:40 PM »

They do have a substitute bass man. . .? but for a televised gig?? Who knows?

I would. Tommy's involvemnet with Soul Asylum at this point is much more legit than his involvment with Gn'R. Nobody knows what the hell is going on with Guns but Soul Asylum has been right up front with Tommy's participation. Soul Asylum might be a better fit for Tommy. less of a gong show. Who knows but I wouldn't doubt Tommy's involvment with SA one bit at this point.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 09:37:20 PM »

They do have a substitute bass man. . .? but for a televised gig?? Who knows?

At the same time, on the other Rock station in KC, the DJ was reporting that GNR ain't nothing without Slash, then the next break he said Slash is back with GNR, then he said that Axl goes around to cities and knocks on the doors of radio stations and shows up, and that when he shows up at 98.9 the EMO, he will not let him in. ?He then acted like he knows Perla, Slash's wife, and claims she is a psycho (total lie). ?He then said GNR are dead, said they have no tour dates, etc. etc. ?The guy was so clueless. ?I called the station, as I was in town for billboard business, and told him to listen to the last five minutes of TWAT and tell me that GNR has no guitar player! ?What really was funny, was that he continued to state the wrong title of Disturbed's new album, and he was called out live on the air about it. ?Funny shit!

Laslo is very cool, but his station only plays alt. music. ?He does not pay attention to much rock music, and still thinks it's 1993 and Axl is a homophobic, wife beater. ?When it comes to the oncoming GNR onslaught brewing at the street level in Manhattan, Chicago, LA, etc, he is clueless. ? GNR is really marketing this thing smart compared to 2002. ?Instead of trumpeting the mainstream, they are using the web and grassroots marketing to build this thing. ?And it's working!! ?(Check Yahoo searches, which is a better guage of buzz than the charts almost anymore). ?It's funny, that the times have really switched, when the alt. stations are the mainstream/commerical radio stations, and out of the loop, compared to some of the new rock stations! ?Kurt Cobain, I am sure, is rolling in his grave.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 09:41:43 PM »

Tommy is committed to Guns. If there is a conflict, he will play with GnR. Axl indirectly confirmed this on Friday.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 09:42:19 PM »

that dj is a donk

i dont like the idea of Stinson being in two bands at once... i dunno

everything with this abdn is so wierd... who knows what this band is gunna look like....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 09:44:35 PM »

I would. Tommy's involvemnet with Soul Asylum at this point is much more legit than his involvment with Gn'R. Nobody knows what the hell is going on with Guns but Soul Asylum has been right up front with Tommy's participation. Soul Asylum might be a better fit for Tommy. less of a gong show. Who knows but I wouldn't doubt Tommy's involvment with SA one bit at this point.

Dude Axl pretty much said himself that there were more dates to be announced on the euro tour. So they will be for around the end of july. Which means Tommy wont be playing with Soul Asylum then.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 09:55:43 PM »

tommy has really kept his mouth shut about gnr the past year, his statements in 2004 werent even close to anything that happen, personally he can go fuck himself with SA.  There will come a time when he has to choose where we wants to be.  Im sure his thought is well when gnr isnt doing anything, he ll go with SA, and when gnr pics up, SA will get a sub for him.  that wont last too long, if gnr can get back to the consistency of touring

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »

Since when do DJ"S know what is really going on? Just because they are on the radio doesn't make them an authority on music happenings.  I think we have seen proof of that many times over. Kind of like saying a steel worker on a building knows as much as the archetect.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »

If Axl tours the USA after the euro tour tommy will cancel with Sa

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 10:11:32 PM »

If Axl tours the USA after the euro tour tommy will cancel with Sa

Yeah really. I agree with all the points so far. From "what the hell do DJs know?" to this one. I don't understand why anyone would think that Tommys not 100% committed to Guns N' Roses

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 10:14:05 PM »

im sure tommys committed, but lol i just want to know what would keep all of these players committed after 2002 without any appearances or releases?  i guess the pay off of what could be is that big ?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 10:25:58 PM »

exactly. Look how fast the NY shows as welll as the European dates sold out. This from a band with one sole original member. All the negative press about that obviously doesn't mean shit.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 10:31:59 PM »

IF axl and the rest of the band releases an amazing album, the fact that it was done under the guns n roses banner with axl rose as the frontman will propel these guys to heights they can only imagine. Money is great, but most of these guys could have steady work without guns n roses. My guess is they believe in the material, and know what it could mean if released.

For the record, I am not a blind faith member of the church of axl rose. I just know what it could all mean to music if they pull this off.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 10:33:21 PM »

Yeah, my local dj said that Slash might be joining GNR again, but it'd be later on.  Who knows.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 10:38:50 PM »

Yeah, my local dj said that Slash might be joining GNR again, but it'd be later on.? Who knows.

He got that from the CNN article. More proof for my point that DJ's don't know any more than we do.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/08/music.guns.n.roses.ap/index.html

"Former GN'R guitar maestro Slash may end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows."

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bono
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 10:57:48 PM »

Tommy is committed to Guns. If there is a conflict, he will play with GnR. Axl indirectly confirmed this on Friday.

Exactly. INDIRECTLY. yet Soul Asylum promotes the fact that Tommy is in their band on their official myspace site and their official site.  It's gonna be interesting. he should play for Soul Asylum. At this point I don't give a shit who's in Guns because it doesn't matter. As long as Axl's singing that's great. But Soul Asylum sounds better now than ever(no disrespect to Karl Mueller) and Tommy seems better fit for them. Plus they're all from Minnesota so it's a natural. Axl could go and get anybody to replace Tommy simple as that. Soul Asylum seems to need him more at this point but who knows. It'll be interesting. Imagine Tommy playing with Soul Asylum on Jay leno while still in Guns.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 10:59:43 PM »

Exactly. INDIRECTLY. yet Soul Asylum promotes the fact that Tommy is in their band on their official myspace site and their official site.? It's gonna be interesting. he should play for Soul Asylum. At this point I don't give a shit who's in Guns because it doesn't matter. As long as Axl's singing that's great. But Soul Asylum sounds better now than ever(no disrespect to Karl Mueller) and Tommy seems better fit for them. Plus they're all from Minnesota so it's a natural. Axl could go and get anybody to replace Tommy simple as that. Soul Asylum seems to need him more at this point but who knows. It'll be interesting. Imagine Tommy playing with Soul Asylum on Jay leno while still in Guns.

Or Gnr should drop this shitty opening bands they have and let SA open and tommy can do both shows

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 11:00:16 PM »

I see or hear nothing to suggest that Tommy is entirely committed to Guns, and who could blame him? Is he expected to sit on his ass for 4 years and not look at other options?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: