Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD set to leak? *RUMOR FROM MELODICROCK.COM*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD set to leak? *RUMOR FROM MELODICROCK.COM*  (Read 53958 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2006, 05:59:59 PM »

BE CAREFUL, FOLKS ARE NOW SAYING IT'S A VIRUS!!! ?HACKERS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE MASSIVE INTEREST IN THE ALBUM!!!

140 people trying to download is not massive interest.  And you can't put a virus in an MP3 file.

Where are you hearing this?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2006, 06:00:44 PM »

I am kinda hoping that this isn't a leak of the album cuz it would suck since it's close to release now. 

its not close to the release, we all thaught it would come out sometime during this tour but now he says Fall

Well considering Axl himself said it..I would say it's the closest ever now.   hihi  but I hear ya..I was looking for a summer release but I will take Fall.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2006, 06:02:30 PM »

After having thought about for a bit, didn't Axl say on Trunk that they are still working on CD? If that's the case, CD has not leaked. I did an essay on the music piracy business a couple of years back where in my research I basically found that most album leaks originate from CD manufacturing plants. If Axl and the band are still working on the album, it has not yet reached the plants and is therefore most likely not leaked. And if it is leaked, it is an incomplete version stolen from the master tape vaults or demos of all the songs.
dont forget Axl has played new songs in clubs where copies could have easily been ripped by the DJs

Yeah, but since he's saying they're still working on it, he wouldn't be able to play the entire thing at clubs. All songs would not be available. And, again, if they are, they're most likely not complete or demos.
axl said he had 2 and a half albums worth of songs.there could easily be 1 albums worth of material ready for final mastering

But they were gonna narrow it down to 13 songs, and if they're still working on the songs, they can't narrow them down until they're done. Ok, basically, before we start running around in circles here, CD is not done, therefore it won't be manufactured yet, mastering has nothing to do with it. CD's do not leak from mastering sessions.
Origen
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2006, 06:07:08 PM »

It's interesting to me that a couple days after Axl says it's not coming out till fall that this pops up. Almost as if someone is saying, "Get your shit together and release it or we will."

That's a very good point.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2006, 06:11:13 PM »

After having thought about for a bit, didn't Axl say on Trunk that they are still working on CD? If that's the case, CD has not leaked. I did an essay on the music piracy business a couple of years back where in my research I basically found that most album leaks originate from CD manufacturing plants. If Axl and the band are still working on the album, it has not yet reached the plants and is therefore most likely not leaked. And if it is leaked, it is an incomplete version stolen from the master tape vaults or demos of all the songs.
dont forget Axl has played new songs in clubs where copies could have easily been ripped by the DJs

Yeah, but since he's saying they're still working on it, he wouldn't be able to play the entire thing at clubs. All songs would not be available. And, again, if they are, they're most likely not complete or demos.
axl said he had 2 and a half albums worth of songs.there could easily be 1 albums worth of material ready for final mastering

But they were gonna narrow it down to 13 songs, and if they're still working on the songs, they can't narrow them down until they're done. Ok, basically, before we start running around in circles here, CD is not done, therefore it won't be manufactured yet, mastering has nothing to do with it. CD's do not leak from mastering sessions.
axl said that they were swapping songs from 1 and 2.so that means at some point there is a 1 album and a 2 album.one of these albums of un mastered demos could have leaked.what im sayin is that if an album has leaked,it doesnt mean its actually the final tracklist and version of CD

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2006, 06:15:33 PM »

I hope it leaks..... Id love to hear it... interesting titles.....
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2006, 06:22:49 PM »

I wonder what Mysteron has to say about this.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2006, 06:23:29 PM »

Didnt axl say most of the vocals and other stuff is almost finished and that was on a body of work that could fit nearly 3 albums ? So I mean it could be possible that 13 songs are finished and the stuff that isint finished is the stuff for album 2 and the rest.Just an idea.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2006, 06:27:26 PM »

So what is that kid still DLing the file?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2006, 06:28:22 PM »

axl said that they were swapping songs from 1 and 2.so that means at some point there is a 1 album and a 2 album.one of these albums of un mastered demos could have leaked.what im sayin is that if an album has leaked,it doesnt mean its actually the final tracklist and version of CD

Well, if you read my original post, that's exactly what I said.
huntermc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2006, 06:28:51 PM »

Didn't the Avenged Sevenfold singer say that Axl had given him a 13 track CD? If that's the case, there may be a handful of other copies of it, and one may have leaked. But I agree that it's doubtful that this is the final version that we will see in stores.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2006, 06:29:10 PM »

here it shows u how big the files are..

but wont download ? nervous
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2006, 06:29:52 PM »

Didn't the Avenged Sevenfold singer say that Axl had given him a 13 track CD? If that's the case, there may be a handful of other copies of it, and one may have leaked. But I agree that it's doubtful that this is the final version that we will see in stores.

Seems plausible right?
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »

DAMN, i'm not gonna sleep tonight  confused

hopefully there's someone who can clear this up for us!

Like peeing clouds!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2006, 06:31:41 PM »

BE CAREFUL, FOLKS ARE NOW SAYING IT'S A VIRUS!!!  HACKERS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE MASSIVE INTEREST IN THE ALBUM!!!

140 people trying to download is not massive interest.  And you can't put a virus in an MP3 file.

You can't Huh??
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2006, 06:32:07 PM »

Where's that from?  Shocked

Has anyone else tried to download it?
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2006, 06:33:20 PM »

but look at the titles?
doesn't seem right...

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »

Well I'm going to bed now and will leave my computer on with this downloading.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the morning.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »

Where's that from?? Shocked

Has anyone else tried to download it?
im using bit torrent..
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2006, 06:33:57 PM »

BE CAREFUL, FOLKS ARE NOW SAYING IT'S A VIRUS!!!? HACKERS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE MASSIVE INTEREST IN THE ALBUM!!!

140 people trying to download is not massive interest.? And you can't put a virus in an MP3 file.

You can't Huh??

I think what he means is there is a file on Limewire and other P2P programs, which has a name to the effect of "Guns n Roses - The Chinese Democracy Master Tape" or something like that. It is a zip file with a .exe file in. This file is a virus. The torrent that people are talking about are mp3's and do not contain viruses. DO NOT RUN ANY .EXE FILES DOWNLOADED FROM LIMEWIRE ETC !!! You have been warned Cheesy

CJ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: