Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"  (Read 17800 times)
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2006, 03:46:58 PM »

Are we having a competition "Im a fan but i bash"? ?In GNR fans world it's going to be hard finding a winer.
Anyways Axl is starting doing interviews because he has to, now he has something to promote and he found a great way to do it, he choose a place and an opportunity to do it in a friendly enviroment were he could feel confortable n show that he can be a nice n preaty down to earth guy, would't you?
So there's issues he doesen't want or can discuss, there was a litigation with CC over the end of the tour, if that still going he CAN'T talk, neither if they managed some of court agreament staiting there is a public silence on the matter.
Beasides He knows that most people and fans consider him the guilty part, the easy way out would be to find an escape goat and instead he took the pressure on him saying he didn't want to talk about it, in my book it take's balls to do it.
About the toppic of the tread i would assume that like me, Slash, and everybody else, sometimes you're a douche bag ?sometimes you're cool what do i care It's not like h's my friend and we hang out, ?I love the artist ( i also find the man hooooooot), but i would expect from him or any other artists that they provide their art and interviews on a regular basis just to fill calender n keep me happy.
First you complained that the man didn't speak, so he does a 2 hour great interview, now let's complain about the things he didn't say ( if that doesen't work let's complain about the break up for the milion time).
"Axl was cool? He'll be a douche bag again, eventually" Really?, no kidding, i tought that if you're cool at a radio program you'd be cool for life....
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »

Are we having a competition "Im a fan but i bash"? ?In GNR fans world it's going to be hard finding a winer.
Anyways Axl is starting doing interviews because he has to, now he has something to promote and he found a great way to do it, he choose a place and an opportunity to do it in a friendly enviroment were he could feel confortable n show that he can be a nice n preaty down to earth guy, would't you?
So there's issues he doesen't want or can discuss, there was a litigation with CC over the end of the tour, if that still going he CAN'T talk, neither if they managed some of court agreament staiting there is a public silence on the matter.
Beasides He knows that most people and fans consider him the guilty part, the easy way out would be to find an escape goat and instead he took the pressure on him saying he didn't want to talk about it, in my book it take's balls to do it.
About the toppic of the tread i would assume that like me, Slash, and everybody else, sometimes you're a douche bag ?sometimes you're cool what do i care It's not like h's my friend and we hang out, ?I love the artist ( i also find the man hooooooot), but i would expect from him or any other artists that they provide their art and interviews on a regular basis just to fill calender n keep me happy.
First you complained that the man didn't speak, so he does a 2 hour great interview, now let's complain about the things he didn't say ( if that doesen't work let's complain about the break up for the milion time).
"Axl was cool? He'll be a douche bag again, eventually" Really?, no kidding, i tought that if you're cool at a radio program you'd be cool for life....

An escape goat cracked me up.? hihi

So, in your world, it takes balls to NOT talk about something? How about when he blamed others for prodding him to do the '02 tour, even though there is a statement from him back in '02 that contradicts this? Checkout the 3rd answer.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82

Just goes to show that Whaxl is nothing but a little liar that can't keep his story straight.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 04:26:28 PM by W. Botaxl Rose » Logged

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2006, 06:30:05 PM »

Huh I haven't heard that other people "prodding" him bit yet. Where is it?

the most loyal fans are always the biggest critics.....

they are the ones who will wait around forever, and give an honest opinion on anything produced

unlike the asskissers , who will always say something is great even if it isn't.

i'd take fans who will criticise over fans that kiss ass anyday.

Right. the people that always bash VR are the loyal fans of slash and Duff.
And there's some loyal fans that constantly dis Axl and today's GNR and never criticise ex guys or the old songs. They are the most loyal fans of the new band but the ass kissers of the old band, nay?
Actually I rarely find criticism of afd or the afd era GNR here. Shame isn't it?

moreover, I can't see a point for a  fan of a music band in being the biggest critic of musician's personality.
Can it be of any help to the band/the music? 
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2006, 06:34:52 PM »

I can't see a point for a? fan of a music band in being the biggest critic of musician's personality.
Can it be of any help to the band/the music??

When his personallity affects the music he releases or concerts that he cancells that fans have paid money for there is a point to criticise it... coz it sucks.....   sometimes he acts like a douche bag and anyone can critcise him if they want... Why do some of you take it so personally if other fans dont like something... its not like you know him personaly anyways.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2006, 08:43:25 PM »

aren't you as fans embarrased by admitting, after hearing axl's interview, that he is that much of a cool guy and that you are glad he controls gnr now, after calling him an ego-maniac and an asshole only weeks ago? i know i would be. just something to think about.

I always thought Axl was a cool guy and that he was extremely funny just by other interviews I have viewed, listened to or read over the years.  It's more frustration that is being vented by some of us that really wanted CD released for years now and wished he would have released it instead of keeping it under wraps.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »

I'd really like to see Axl stand up and do a proper interview with hard questions - although this Trunk one is OK, theres too much ego stroking and it was too gentle. Lets ask the hard questions

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »

I'd really like to see Axl stand up and do a proper interview with hard questions - although this Trunk one is OK, theres too much ego stroking and it was too gentle. Lets ask the hard questions

no shit... and ask him why he says one thing then does another...
ROSE22
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2006, 09:19:32 PM »

" this song is dedicated to people who say one thing then always seem to do another this is a song called double-talking jive motherfucker !"        ironic  hihi
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2006, 09:43:55 PM »

Axl is cool, he's funny and in my opinion he's a very bright person and very talented artist.
That's from what I THINK I know of him, just like you guys.
And if what i THINK i know of him is true, then he's the best.
Maybe he's a pain in the ass to work with -who knows- but every group of people has a leader, and for GnR, it was Axl.

I enjoyed him in the interview, he sounded witty to me, maybe cause the other guys were total jerks and sucking him up all the time.
(Well, maybe except for Bas - he's just crazy big time)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2006, 10:27:37 PM »

Axl is not what the press has implied.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2006, 11:00:22 PM »

I'd really like to see Axl stand up and do a proper interview with hard questions..

I think CD will hit the shelves long before a no holds barred interview will ever come to pass.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2006, 03:48:16 AM »

" this song is dedicated to people who say one thing then always seem to do another this is a song called double-talking jive motherfucker !"? ? ? ? ironic? hihi

HAHAHA! has he actually said that?
that would prove my point once and for all! Grin

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Origen
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2006, 04:18:57 AM »

" this song is dedicated to people who say one thing then always seem to do another this is a song called double-talking jive motherfucker !"? ? ? ? ironic? hihi

HAHAHA! has he actually said that?
that would prove my point once and for all! Grin

To prove your point why not address some of the people's posts in this thread who don't agree with you on  the previous 2 pages instead of just responding to the ones that do.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2006, 05:15:53 AM »

An escape goat cracked me up.? hihi

So, in your world, it takes balls to NOT talk about something? How about when he blamed others for prodding him to do the '02 tour, even though there is a statement from him back in '02 that contradicts this? Checkout the 3rd answer.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82

Just goes to show that Whaxl is nothing but a little liar that can't keep his story straight.

interesting indeed

perhaps this post belongs in the "Slash the liar" thread  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2006, 05:22:01 AM »

I see the word loyalty banded about but how many of you loyal fans have listened to leaked, un-ready demos? ?That's not loyalty who are u kidding?

I have been a die hard fan since 1992 and i have eagerly awaited new Guns material. ?I love all those who were involved with GNR (and their side projects and new bands ect) and i have enjoyed the new GNR line up. ?I'm not intereted in 'sides' or any shit like that. It's ridiculous for music fans.

But as a fan i have decided not to hear those demos until the album comes out. Out of repect as much as anything. ?We all know the work thats been done over the last 10 years for Axl to finally want to release something he deems fit and ready. ?

Now as a fan i have read and heard enough over the years to know Axl can be an absolute cool guy. But you get him on a bad day and he can be a real asshole. There's enough evidence to suggest that anyway. You haven't got to be blinkered to be a fan. 

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2006, 01:10:29 PM »

I see the word loyalty banded about but how many of you loyal fans have listened to leaked, un-ready demos? ?That's not loyalty who are u kidding?

That doesnt make anyone unloyal.... it makes them curious ... Curious to hear what the band have written and recorded..  yeah your so much more of a "loyal fan" whatever that is coz you didnt listen to leaked demos...... whatever.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2006, 01:44:54 PM »

I can't see a point for a  fan of a music band in being the biggest critic of musician's personality.
Can it be of any help to the band/the music? 

When his personallity affects the music he releases or concerts that he cancells that fans have paid money for there is a point to criticise it... coz it sucks.....   sometimes he acts like a douche bag and anyone can critcise him if they want... Why do some of you take it so personally if other fans dont like something... its not like you know him personaly anyways.

Yeah,  what's the point in criticising the personality of someone who you don't know personally.
bitch about someone you don't know well at fellow fans as much as you like. it doesn't make any difference.
How can it be loyal?

I don't even claim myself a "loyal" fan. I just love this band and the music now and that's that.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2006, 03:51:27 PM »

That doesnt make anyone unloyal.... it makes them curious ... Curious to hear what the band have written and recorded..? yeah your so much more of a "loyal fan" whatever that is coz you didnt listen to leaked demos...... whatever.

You totally didn't get what i was saying.  Listen i'm 25 i'm not 'loyal' to musicians, i enjoy their music that's it.  I just want to hear music and see concerts. I am definatly no better or worse than anyone else - i definatly wasn't making that comment.

My point was more to make those who mention loyalty to think a little. You can't just use that word in your own terms.  You don't think i've been curious?  Everyone has the right to do what they want. I'm not saying they are wrong. But i was saying for me personally I see listening to those demos as more a lack of respect for him than someone giving their opinion saying he can be an asshole.  He doesn't care what you or I think of him. But we all know he cares about the work he has been making for a lifetime.  That was my point.   

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2006, 03:52:25 PM »

I can't see a point for a? fan of a music band in being the biggest critic of musician's personality.
Can it be of any help to the band/the music??

When his personallity affects the music he releases or concerts that he cancells that fans have paid money for there is a point to criticise it... coz it sucks.....? ?sometimes he acts like a douche bag and anyone can critcise him if they want... Why do some of you take it so personally if other fans dont like something... its not like you know him personaly anyways.

Yeah,? what's the point in criticising the personality of someone who you don't know personally.
bitch about someone you don't know well at fellow fans as much as you like. it doesn't make any difference.
How can it be loyal?

I don't even claim myself a "loyal" fan. I just love this band and the music now and that's that.

coz he acts like a douche bag..
Bono
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2006, 05:01:03 PM »

Roll Eyes Gimmie a break. Axl has always seemed cool in interviews and yet he still pulls asshole type shit all the tiem. You're on glue if you think this one interview makes up for all the shit. No doubt Axl seemed like a cool guy in the interview and no doubt he is a cool guy but there are times when he can be a real prick. Notice how he wouldn' comment on the collapse of the last tour. That says enough right there for me to belive that he simply blew it. An asshole type move. Doping the interveiw and conducting himself the way he did was a cool guy type thing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 05:06:19 PM by Bono » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: