Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"  (Read 17785 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 12:23:29 PM »

Barbie567, No im not surprised at all, it's been his nature for so long. I don't mean to come off as an axl basher because im not, i was stating a fact. I am very very happy with the time he took to talk, i think it means a lot to everyone here that he did give us some definitive info, such as no reunion, 3rd guitarist, he was at rehersals, etc.

And yes, the biggest and most loyal fans are often the ones who will call a spade a spade, and not just blindly follow what ever is fed to them.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »

And you are willing to believe Axl cause he said Slash didnt want to work hard? Some of you follow the man blind to whatever he says or makes.. Use your own mind.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 12:24:55 PM »

Barbie567, No im not surprised at all, it's been his nature for so long. I don't mean to come off as an axl basher because im not, i was stating a fact. I am very very happy with the time he took to talk, i think it means a lot to everyone here that he did give us some definitive info, such as no reunion, 3rd guitarist, he was at rehersals, etc.

And yes, the biggest and most loyal fans are often the ones who will call a spade a spade, and not just blindly follow what ever is fed to them.

i thought no one could determine who is the bigger fan? cause you can't, but certain posts show loyalty (which axl values) and others don't.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Origen
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 12:25:31 PM »

Bullshit ok, is that why since the break Axl STILL hasn't released anythink apart from a single song since Slash left, and Slash has released albums. Things like this annoy me because you try and make people pick one over the other and it shouldn't be like that.

actually it's the truth, axl said it himself in the gnronline interview in 2002.

And why is that going to be the truth? Because Axl said it?
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »

I wasn't trying to say that you were bashing Axl - I think it's great that he said as much as he did. ?I was just commenting that he's never exactly been known for being overly communicative with the fans.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2006, 12:27:04 PM »

Bullshit ok, is that why since the break Axl STILL hasn't released anythink apart from a single song since Slash left, and Slash has released albums. Things like this annoy me because you try and make people pick one over the other and it shouldn't be like that.

actually it's the truth, axl said it himself in the gnronline interview in 2002.

And why is that going to be the truth? Because Axl said it?

Yeah cause according to some people in order to be a real fan and a loyal fan you have to believe and like everything Axl does.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2006, 12:29:21 PM »

I wasn't around for the glory days, but it seems as axl is the most outgoing he has ever been, he seems to be ok with fans approaching him, taking some pictures, etc. I am very surprised he sat down and said as much as he did in terms of u.s. tour and album release. Good time all around.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2006, 12:31:55 PM »

And you are willing to believe Axl? Some of you follow the man blind to whatever he says or makes.. Use your own mind.

Exactly BLS-Pride I'll elaborate a bit.

Axl is a very cool guy and he is very talented...I'm not gonna follow an artist this closely if i don't think they are great. And I'm sure nearly everyone else feels the same

SkynyrdGirl, the "nutswingers" are people who feel Axl is holier than thou, that his shit don't stink or whatever.

And what about you Speedstone...calling the old band a bunch of loser junkies and alcoholics....when Axl did just as many drugs and booze as the rest. Oh Axl wasn't hooked...Axl only "experimented"I forgot. Roll Eyes And, riggght, Axl tried his hardest to keep the band together and had nothing to do with the breakup....they all had a hand in the break up IMO.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2006, 12:34:11 PM »

i thought no one could determine who is the bigger fan? cause you can't, but certain posts show loyalty (which axl values) and others don't.

How do you know what Axl values? you talk like you know the guy...you're just a fan-boy you don't know him.

There are people who look objectively at things and people who look at things through a filter.

You speedstone see things through a filter

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2006, 12:34:33 PM »

I wasn't around for the glory days, but it seems as axl is the most outgoing he has ever been, he seems to be ok with fans approaching him, taking some pictures, etc. I am very surprised he sat down and said as much as he did in terms of u.s. tour and album release. Good time all around.

excactly. why should he say something when there is nothing to say, only to get crusified by his own fans again?
axl's as friendly as ever, it seems. he will let us know when there is something to say, for now let's enjoy the shows! peace

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2006, 12:35:24 PM »

He is cool but he does act like a fucking douche bag sometimes..... actually alot of the time....
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006, 12:35:56 PM »

Well that confirmed for me that Axl is more chillaxed than ever which is very VERY good news.

A message to all people going on the tour: Please don't piss Axl off again if we get the Euro tour without a hitch...could mean great things for the future ?ok
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2006, 12:36:14 PM »

How do you know what Axl values? you talk like you know the guy...you're just a fan-boy you don't know him.

There are people who look objectively at things and people who look at things through a filter.

i know because his close friends, both beta and her son, have told us that through interviews.
and calling me a "fan-boy" now? for non-english speakers, that's slang for "faggot".
i look forward to you getting your first bad "karma" point.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2006, 12:44:09 PM »

i know because his close friends, both beta and her son, have told us that through interviews.
and calling me a "fan-boy" now? for non-english speakers, that's slang for "faggot".

you wish...If i wanted to call you a faggot I'd just come out and say it not hide behind other words.

What "fan-boy" means to me is someone who blindly follows someone like they can't do wrong.

I see axl as a person, he makes mistakes we all do, so what...I don't have to agree with everything the guy does. And just cuz I disagree on things here and there with him doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

I think axl is one of the greatest singers ever, and he is my personal favorite all time singer ok

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2006, 12:45:45 PM »

you wish...If i wanted to call you a faggot I'd just come out and say it not hide behind other words.

What "fan-boy" means to me is someone who blindly follows someone like they can't do wrong.

I see axl as a person, he makes mistakes we all do, so what...I don't have to agree with everything the guy does. And just cuz I disagree on things here and there with him doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

I think axl is one of the greatest singers ever, and he is my personal favorite all time singer ok

i'm talking about the individuals who openly bash him but then suddenly turn around to be on the winning side again whenever something good happens. i know your posts and i know you're a true fan, my views don't include you. don't worry.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2006, 01:03:26 PM »

actually it's the truth, axl said it himself in the gnronline interview in 2002. and i'm not trying to make people pick one over the other, i'm posting a topic in defense of my favourite artist whose band guns n' roses this section of the board is about (that's including axl, excluding slash, FYI). when are you people gonna get this?

Peole are never gonna get it because it's ridiculous to expect people to discuss Guns N' Roses without discussing Slash. It would be like talking about the Beatles without mentioning John Lennon.
?
Whether you like it or not, to the fans Slash was as big a part of GNR as Axl was and so will discuss him, some (god forbid) may even do so in a positive way.

Both Axl and Slash in the past have made mistakes or been in the wrong, and I bet both would admit that. Does saying that make me a hater of Axl and Slash? Of course not, I'm a huge fan of both these guys but that doesn't mean fans can't criticize what they have done. Why does everything have to be so black and white with some people? They have it stuck in their heads that Axl is good and Slash is bad and that it's as simple as that, which is a really short sighted view of things.?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:04:59 PM by A Private Eye » Logged

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2006, 01:08:26 PM »

What about me? I openly bash him... Ill bash the hell out of him... but at the same time i have a pic of the guy tattood on my leg...? I can bash him anytime i want to.... The way he doesnt release any music or even give any statement about why the 2002 tour was just cancelled?? I can bash that... I can tear it apart if i want... I had tickets to the phonex show and what did i get? nothing.. not even a statement... he promises new music after 2001 rir and what did we get? ..nothing....

He is cool when he isnt acting like a douche bag...

Now he is starting to act cool again... lets just see how long it lasts before he starts to act like a douche bag again.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:10:02 PM by leesixxrose » Logged
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »

you dont get -7 karma for nothing speed-stone regardless of what you say. Im sure it was you in fact that wanted someones boyfriend/girlfriend to die in a car crash which was just stupid. You are right, if you hadnt started this thread and someone else had nothing would be said against them (although its a bit of a over simplistic and boring thread). I just think your looking for trouble so I have little sympathy, although I do read your posts for the entertainment value!

Axl can be a ''douche bag'' im sure but thats what helps him to be cool aswell. It shows a human side of him that I can relate too as we can all be dick heads at times. If Axl wasnt a dick sometimes then he would just end up looking like Bono or some other pompous 'rock star' (bono I particularly hate because he thinks hes so wonderful!). Im going to the New York shows from London blowing loads of money just to see Axl so Im a huge fan of his, doesnt mean he blindly have to agree with all he does. Id tell him to his face too! Hed probably appreciate it alot more than alot of bum sucks worshiping every word he says.   
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2006, 02:35:46 PM »

aren't you as fans embarrased by admitting, after hearing axl's interview, that he is that much of a cool guy and that you are glad he controls gnr now, after calling him an ego-maniac and an asshole only weeks ago? i know i would be. just something to think about.

I needed this interview to give me feelings about axl being cool or not? You act like we started following him this year
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2006, 03:31:06 PM »

aren't you as fans embarrased by admitting, after hearing axl's interview, that he is that much of a cool guy and that you are glad he controls gnr now, after calling him an ego-maniac and an asshole only weeks ago? i know i would be. just something to think about.
I've always thought he was that cool and laid back for some reason.....!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: