Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"  (Read 17832 times)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 10:45:04 AM »

It's one thing to like the guy and then its another to like him to the point where you think he has no flaws.. Everyone has flaws. Some people do not agree with everything Axl has done but they still like him and they still want to see a CD and a tour. You do not have to think he does no wrong and whatever he says is the truth to be a fan.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 10:45:31 AM »

if another member than me had posted this, the reactions would have been better. all i ever tried to do was point out that certain fans aren't very loyal, and that's my right as a poster. several people even agreed. i'm not playing anyone like a puppet show, i'm posting on a board about my favourite band. my reputation on this board as a bad poster is completely undeserved, and if you really want to look at my posts and contributions, scroll more than one page back. if i wanted to stir up shit, i'd do it a little more effectively.

i don't think your a bad poster. you say what you feel and i respect you for that.

rock on ?peace

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 10:45:41 AM »

He's still an asshole in my book. ?One lonely interview in 15 years hardly excuses all the BS he has done.
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 10:53:48 AM »

I certainly don't think Axl is perfect (far from it), but I like & respect him as a musician.  I consider myself a fan who enjoys the music of GNR, regardless of Axl's personal drama.  What bothers me is people who purport to love GNR, but talk shit about Axl.  In case you haven't figured it out by now, Axl is GNR, for better or worse.  Yes, the old band was great, but they're not together now, so deal with it.  Axl is all we have left in GNR - if you don't like it, then don't listen to GNR.  And he's funny...   Smiley
Elrothiel
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 10:59:57 AM »

I certainly don't think Axl is perfect (far from it), but I like & respect him as a musician. I consider myself a fan who enjoys the music of GNR, regardless of Axl's personal drama. What bothers me is people who purport to love GNR, but talk shit about Axl. In case you haven't figured it out by now, Axl is GNR, for better or worse. Yes, the old band was great, but they're not together now, so deal with it. Axl is all we have left in GNR - if you don't like it, then don't listen to GNR. And he's funny... Smiley

Damn right. ok
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »

If Axl does something that is fucked up or makes him look like an ass hole then of course some fans are going to say something. Does that make them less fans than you? No. Some people call people out on shit they do.. famous or not.. Just because its my favorite band does not mean I won't call Axl a dick for doing something fucked up in anyway.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »

Axl's a bigger douche than he was before. Still making up lies about '02. Still making up lies about the Illusions. Always trying to make himself look like the victim. Probably still making up lies about the fakegnr album. He's still a bigger dildo than ever & I can't wait for someone to ask him some real questions, you know when it's not some best friend sitting next to him & a dj trying to pimp for more stations to pick him up. It'll be fun to see how he handles that.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 11:46:18 AM »

Axl's a bigger douche than he was before. Still making up lies about '02. Still making up lies about the Illusions. Always trying to make himself look like the victim. Probably still making up lies about the fakegnr album. He's still a bigger dildo than ever & I can't wait for someone to ask him some real questions, you know when it's not some best friend sitting next to him & a dj trying to pimp for more stations to pick him up. It'll be fun to see how he handles that.

He did get kinda dodgy on the harder questions. He didn't actually wanna go into too many details about gnr.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 11:49:05 AM »

i thought he shared detailed stories like never before, and that was amazing. as for the future of gnr, guns n' roses is his baby now and he'll update us when there is something to share. peace

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 11:56:50 AM »

In that interview Axl said that UYI was basically Slash and him taking over the band and Izzy in his own drugworld... well, Izzy was clean since '89 Roll Eyes

Eventhough Axl was funny sometimes, the people in that studio where a bunch of suck ups... laughing hysterically at every little thing Axl said.

Musically I have respect for Axl (altough I don't like new GN'R), but he's still an asshole in my book and the main reason for the original GN'R break up.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »

Don't get wrong, i loved the interview, as well as the stories he told. I am really happy that he spoke at such length, and seems to be in good spirits, as well as the fact he was actually at rehersals, which is great to hear. There were just a few things he really didn't wanna talk about.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »

In that interview Axl said that UYI was basically Slash and him taking over the band and Izzy in his own drugworld... well, Izzy was clean since '89 Roll Eyes

Eventhough Axl was funny sometimes, the people in that studio where a bunch of suck ups... laughing hysterically at every little thing Axl said.

Musically I have respect for Axl (altough I don't like new GN'R), but he's still an asshole in my book and the main reason for the original GN'R break up.

how is he the main reason for the break-up? slash actually told axl "i don't wanna work that hard" when axl wanted to work on the new record. provide me the details about how the break-up happened and who was responsible, since you seem to know all the inside information.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 11:59:16 AM »

He did get kinda dodgy on the harder questions. He didn't actually wanna go into too many details about gnr.

You act like you're surprised, like this is something new. ?Axl Rose not answering questions about GNR? ?Shocker! ?This is the same man who was basically a recluse for a good 10 years, & you think him being evasive is unusual? ?He has always done things on his terms - why would you think that would change now?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2006, 11:59:24 AM »

that`s why that record was released in late '91 dude ok

axl doesn`t lie...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2006, 12:01:12 PM »

It was a great interview, no doubt. ?Axl represented himself very well and we should all recognize that.

But..

He's also the guy who just recently threw a former bandmate under the proverbial bus by going public with alleged comments made in a private conversation, not cool. ?

The bottom line is Axl, just like anyone else has good moments and bad. ?Any thoughts of universal cool or full time jackass are probably skewed by blind worship or shortsighted dislike.

Good post ?ok

Axl like everybody else has good points and bad, he's often said he is aware how hard he is to like or get along with sometimes yet on the radio interview for example he seemed a really cool guy, very funny and totally on top of everything.

The guy has made mistakes and people inc. fans have called him on it, and then when he does something cool and praise worthy those same fans give him praise, why is that so bad? It does not make them Axl haters just slightly more objective and realistic than people who just blindly follow him and never question anything he does.

Those who criticized Axl for a lack of info or the Slash case are perfectly entitled to praise him if the music is good or they think he was cool on the radio they are still just as loyal fans as those who believe the guy can do no wrong. ?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 12:05:21 PM »

how is he the main reason for the break-up? slash actually told axl "i don't wanna work that hard" when axl wanted to work on the new record. provide me the details about how the break-up happened and who was responsible, since you seem to know all the inside information.

It's no secret Axl was a dictator. The power went to his head. It turned into Axl's little trip. All of the other original GN'R members + Matt and Gilby have said this...

Oh and about the "Slash actually told axl "i don't wanna work that hard" when axl wanted to work on the new record." well he had songs that Axl didn't like! And so Slash did them with his own band and released Snakepit '95. Who's was not working hard you say?

Slash has always been busy with playing guitar and writing music.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 12:08:17 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »

i'm not trying to decide anything, all i'm sayin is that there are alot of hypocrits around who claim to be loyal fans when they are in fact one of his biggest critics unless he caters to them all the time.

the most loyal fans are always the biggest critics.....

they are the ones who will wait around forever, and give an honest opinion on anything produced

unlike the asskissers , who will always say something is great even if it isn't.

i'd take fans who will criticise over fans that kiss ass anyday.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Origen
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 12:18:56 PM »

slash actually told axl "i don't wanna work that hard" when axl wanted to work on the new record.

Bullshit ok, is that why since the break Axl STILL hasn't released anythink apart from a single song since Slash left, and Slash has released albums. Things like this annoy me because it's trying to make people pick one over the other and it shouldn't be like that.

i'm not trying to decide anything, all i'm sayin is that there are alot of hypocrits around who claim to be loyal fans when they are in fact one of his biggest critics unless he caters to them all the time.

they are the ones who will wait around forever, and give an honest opinion on anything produced

unlike the asskissers , who will always say something is great even if it isn't.

Exactly.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 12:21:11 PM by Origen » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »

I agree 100 percent.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 12:22:38 PM »

Bullshit ok, is that why since the break Axl STILL hasn't released anythink apart from a single song since Slash left, and Slash has released albums. Things like this annoy me because you try and make people pick one over the other and it shouldn't be like that.

actually it's the truth, axl said it himself in the gnronline interview in 2002. and i'm not trying to make people pick one over the other, i'm posting a topic in defense of my favourite artist whose band guns n' roses this section of the board is about (that's including axl, excluding slash, FYI). when are you people gonna get this?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: