Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:08:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Beverly Hills Cop 4? (New Rumour...)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beverly Hills Cop 4? (New Rumour...)  (Read 5801 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: May 07, 2006, 08:27:34 PM »

http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=2622

Eddie Murphy is revisiting old material. No, it?s not another godforsaken Clumps movie. Instead, he?s returning to Axel Foley and Beverly Hills Cop.

The Guardian and Brit newspaper The Sun say Eddie has jumped on board Beverly Hills Cop 4 after seeing a rough outline of the film. In other words there?s no script, but he liked the ideas thrown at him well enough that he was willing to commit.

It?s been more than a decade since Eddie played Axel Foley, Beverly Hills Cop 3 debuted in 1994. Audience interest decreased steadily with each subsequent sequel following the original 1984 hit, but after more than a decade without Axel maybe it?s time to see him again. It would be easy to whine and moan about yet another Hollywood sequel, or to see this as yet another nail in the coffin of Eddie Murphy?s struggling career. But after giving us a break from the character, why not go back to him? Beverly Hills Cop was good, and most probably wouldn?t mind a nostalgic trip back to that world. Besides, Eddie could probably use the confidence booster.

For those of you unlucky enough to miss out on the 80s, Beverly Hills Cop starred Eddie Murphy as a freewheeling Detroit cop thrust into the cushy world of Beverly Hills policing. He brings with him to California a penchant for blowing things up, and a really funny laugh.

Murphy will show up in cinemas later this year as one of the leads in Bill Condon?s next movie, Dreamgirls. He?s also still making money hand over fist as the voice of Donkey. Work is already under way on the third Shrek movie, Shrek the Third.

Now i'm against a lot of sequels but this is one i WOULD like to see.  Eddie Murphy needs to do something decent (besides Shrek...) after all, i'm also one of the few people who found all the original 3 entertaining, just as long as they don't use that damn Crazy Frog theme.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »

I love the Beverly Hills Cop movies, 3 was ok not my fav, it would be interesting, if the script is right, I would go watch it for sure.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

The first two were wonderful and clever.

The third was like a turd that cost be 8 bucks plus popcorn.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 03:45:23 AM »

the 3rd one is a GREAT MOVIE
More Than Meets the Eyes.

the 3rd one is a huge social satire. amazing movie.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 03:53:28 AM »

Please god no....

Do ya think that by 2010 the cinema will only show sequals?

Rocky 6, BHC4, Indiana Jones 4, Jurassic Park 4....its getting a bit out of hand, especially considering there are barely 5-6 sequals that match the original...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
anythinggoes
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 04:04:15 AM »

i hope thay do it it cant be any worse than some of the rubbish that comes out as long as Eddie is a funny MoFo in it and it aint a 12 PG13 rating ie it needs lots of swearing sexual references and violence like No1 it should be good
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 04:04:54 AM »

Please god no....

Rocky 6, BHC4, Indiana Jones 4, Jurassic Park 4....its getting a bit out of hand, especially considering there are barely 5-6 sequals that match the original...

sequels
books adaptation
biographical pictures

so much for the creativity.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 06:05:18 AM »

What about Uncle Dave? He rules!

And some classic bits....

Axel: Boss, I cancelled SWAT.
Todd: WHAT? I wouldn't raid a church bingo game without SWAT.

and the return of Serge

Axel: Get the fuck outta here.
Serge: No I cannot.

Another article here...one from moviehole

Beverly Hills Cop 4 finally underway?
Posted by Clint Morris on May 2, 2006
So I see Guardian Unlimted is mentioning the possibility of a ?Beverly Hills Cop 4?. The Heat is back on?.again, huh?

Well, let me just say, the sequel is in very, very, very early development. Oh, and remember, they?ve tried to get this off the ground before. Three or four times before, actually. So don't get in line, just yet.

A couple of years back, Jerry Bruckheimer announced his intentions to resurrect Axel Foley, but shortly after ? for numerous reasons, but mainly financial ? forfeited his option to produce the film.

Still, Eddie Murphy Productions (now pretty much just a rat, bit of cheese and series of empty electricity sockets) continued to develop the product, enlisting writers until they could find a script to their liking.

One of them [script] marked a return to the lesser-budgeted, more comedic, tone of the original 1984 film with Axel re-teaming with old pals Taggart (John Ashton), now working airport security, and Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) ? and, briefly, Det. Jeffrey Friedman (Paul Reiser) ? to track down a constantly-relocating crime lord. Because of some of the airport/terrorist themes ? written not long after the events of September 11, when terrorism was a bit of an off-topic for features ? it was placed on the always-warm back burner.

The latest outline of the film, said to be a fuse of a couple of the previously penned scripts, will thankfully retain the feel of the original (hopefully Taggart, Rosewood and Jeffrey will still be in there). And no, it won?t be written, or directed, or produced by Quentin Tarantino. Paramount merely *beep* at the news?.Tarantino is apparently a big fan of Murphy (and rumours persist that he plans to use him in ?Inglorious Bastards?), but as far as I?m aware, has never ever been attached to the project. Murphy, according to the site, is happy with the outline. It won't be about terrorists...as such. I hear.

So why now? Not before? One word : ?Dreamgirls?.

Murphy is apparently great in it, and they?re predicting big things for both it, and the comics? turn in the film?. The plan is to get a ?Cop 4? up and going so that it?s ready to roll, should such a big-time comeback indeed happen on the back of the film?as it seems it will?.

Anyway, long way off, but best to keep an eye on your tail pipes ? and your bananas for that matter ? over the next year or two. Foley?s about to get his badge back.
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 03:26:32 PM »

Please god no....

sequels
books adaptation
biographical pictures

You acted like movies are the only place this happenes.

As far as BHC4.it could be good with the write script.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 05:24:47 PM »

U know what pisses me off?

how people defeat something before they even fuckin see it.

How do people know Rocky 6 will suck?

How do people already know BHC 4 will suck?

Give it a chance.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 01:42:24 PM »

Please god no....

i loved beverly hills cop movies. Izzy, i honestly believe making sequels is better than making remakes. At least they're a continuation of original ideas rather than using an already written script and try to make it different.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 03:52:44 PM »

can you hear that?

yes, its the sound of eddie murphy scraping the bottom of the barrel. absolute waste of talent.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »

im not sure i agree with the scraping the barrell comment...the guy is obviously a great and talented comedian looking for someone who can write a decent script for him...are there any out there now that know how to write an eddie murphy movie?...

lets face it, it someone actually wrote a decent script for a movie then he would obviously do it...maybe scriptwriting for comedy aint what it used to be

personally im looking forward to it...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 09:28:30 PM »

The first two were wonderful and clever.

My thoughts exactly.

I thought that movie Metro that he did would've made a better Beverly Hills Cop 3 movie than the one they made.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »

In the Daily Star Newspaper here in the UK today it said that Eddie Murphy has agreed to do a 4th Beverly Hills Cop film....

Cheesy Cool
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 07:59:10 AM »

beverly Hills 3 is a

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM »

Please god no....

Rocky 6, BHC4, Indiana Jones 4, Jurassic Park 4....its getting a bit out of hand, especially considering there are barely 5-6 sequals that match the original..

sequels
books adaptation
biographical pictures

You're forgetting the one thing that maintains the cashflow of the American studio system at the moment.

Remakes, baby!

BHC4 shouldn't be made. Instead, Chris Tucker could do the Axel Foley role.

That way kids wouldn't have to bother seeing a sequel to a movie that was done before they were even born.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 09:05:49 AM »

i thought there already were 4 BHC movies
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 11:15:30 AM »

Please god no....

Rocky 6, BHC4, Indiana Jones 4, Jurassic Park 4....its getting a bit out of hand, especially considering there are barely 5-6 sequals that match the original..

sequels
books adaptation
biographical pictures

You're forgetting the one thing that maintains the cashflow of the American studio system at the moment.

Remakes, baby!

BHC4 shouldn't be made. Instead, Chris Tucker could do the Axel Foley role.

That way kids wouldn't have to bother seeing a sequel to a movie that was done before they were even born.

You've got to understand that most kids today are nothing but posers anyway and try to revive those same things about the 70's and 80's with their retro t-shirts and shit.? I saw some kid the other day wearing a Rocky III shirt with a picture of Rocky vs. Clubber Lang.? This kid couldn't have been 15......no way in hell was he alive when that came out.

I think it's great that at least one sequal comes out of it........to end the installment.? It gives kids a chance to see a real actor in a real role......not a doucebag from their generation of untalented hacks trying to recreate something magical.? I think Rocky Balboa for one is going to be a huge movie.....it's yahoo's most viewed trailer ever......there's really a lot of hype going into it.....and it's gotten excellent reviews from advanced screenings.? The problem that everyone bitches about with these sequals is that back in the 80s and 90s......the studios were so quick to capaitalize on the name that they really didn't put a lot of effort into the movies, story wise, but somehow they still captured some magic of the character.?

Either way.......I say hell yeah........let's see another Beverly Hills Cop.? Ever since Eddie got busted with his tranny and he became pussafied, I can't stand him.? Eddie Murphy was a golden child (literally) in the 80's........he put Chris Rock to shame.......he was the rightful torch carrier to Richard Pryor.?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:19:53 AM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »

Here's the actual newstory.....

Axel Foley is back! Variety is reporting that Eddie Murphy will don his badge for a fourth time in "Beverly Hills Cop IV" for Paramount Pictures. Mega-producer Jerry Bruckheimer helped guide the series for its first three installments but his busy schedule has allowed Lorenzo di Bonaventura ("Constantine," "Transformers") to step in and resurrect Murphy's first big-screen franchise. The first two "Beverly Hills Cop" movies made $234 million and $153 million in the United States in 1984 and 1987 respectively. The series seemed to have run its course when the third flick bombed in 1994 with only $44 million in receipts. Can Murphy's resurgent star power bring "Cop" back to life? The comedian is getting rave reviews for his role in "Dreamgirls," and his upcoming comedy "Norbit" features him playing multiple roles in the same manner that made "The Nutty Professor" movies such big hits. Murphy will be integrally involved in this fourth "Cop" installment, which is currently out to screenwriters. A 12-year-break might give Detective Foley a whole new city to riff on -- at least the celebrities have changed. One thing is for sure, Judge Reinhold, who played his bumbling sidekick Billy Rosewood is probably salivating at the thought of a new paycheck.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/12-01-06_4?GT1=7701
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: