Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  An upcoming VR Performance (minus Matt)!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An upcoming VR Performance (minus Matt)!  (Read 3937 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« on: May 07, 2006, 08:56:33 AM »

I got this info from Metallica's website:

JAMES HETFIELD TO BE HONORED
In addition to receiving the prestigious Stevie Ray Vaughan Award, James along with Robert, will be performing with Alice In Chains' Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney! Black Rebel Motorcycle Club will open the show and the evening will include performances by Jason Mraz, Tom Waits, and Velvet Revolver's Scott Weiland, Dave Kushner, Duff McKagan and Slash. Jim Breuer will be on hand to present James with the award while Margaret Cho will present the night's other honoree, Bill Silva, with the From the Heart Award.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James Hetfield will be honored as the recipient of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award for his dedication and support of the MusiCares MAP Fund and his devotion to helping other addicts with recovery process. Bill Silva will be the recipient of the MusiCares Heart Award for his unconditional friendship and dedication to the mission and goals of the organization. The evening will feature a buffet dinner and performances by a range of special musical guests.

The second annual MusiCares? MAP Fund benefit concert, will be held on Friday, May 12, 2006, at The Music Box in Hollywood, CA. Tickets are offered at three price levels: floor placement in a private living room grouping of 10 for $10,000; floor seating individual tickets for $1,000 each; and balcony seating individual tickets for $250 each. All proceeds will benefit the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation.

"This year's MAP Fund benefit continues an ongoing tradition to honor those individuals in our community who courageously work to help musicians in need," said MusiCares and Recording Academy? President Neil Portnow. "The demand for addiction recovery programs remains strong, and it is events such as this that raise visibility about the critical work of the MusiCares MAP Fund and recognize those individuals who continue to champion our cause."

Established in 1989 by The Recording Academy, MusiCares provides a safety net of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares' services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality. MusiCares also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues that directly impact the health and welfare of the music community. For more information, please visit www.musicares.com.

As a result of acquiring MAP in September 2005, MusiCares developed the MAP Fund as a pool of resources set aside specifically to address addiction recovery and sober living needs. Named for the Musicians Assistance Program and founded by longtime musician and addiction recovery activist Buddy Arnold, the MusiCares MAP Fund represents the joint goal of MAP and MusiCares to provide members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial circumstances.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 08:58:03 AM »

I guess that clears up whether Slash is till in the band or not! ok

Now let the rumours start about Matt no longer being in VR... hihi
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:00:15 AM by metallex78 » Logged

alexh0618
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »

Or maybe they forgot to mention Matt.  Tongue
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 09:40:48 AM »

Or maybe they forgot to mention Matt.? Tongue

Nah, I don't think so, otherwise they could've just written that VR were performing, rather than writing the names of the individual members.

Maybe someone can ask Matt about this on his forum.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 10:56:44 AM »

matt is in GnR didnt u guys know that  rofl

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »

Dont know why Matt is omitted, but its about time these guys perform again.  Im interested to see what song theyre playing too...

I imagine nobody here is going, those ticket prices are outrageous.
alexh0618
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 04:47:48 PM »

Nah, I don't think so, otherwise they could've just written that VR were performing, rather than writing the names of the individual members.

Maybe someone can ask Matt about this on his forum.

It says in Mat's blog that VR are goin in the studio May 8th(?) I think. There is a topic on this page about it.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 09:06:17 PM »

I've read several sites now that are stating VR (as a group) are performing at this event, so maybe Matt will be there after all.

This is the same night of the first nuGN'R show too, so this kills off any rumours about Slash, Duff & Matt being back in GN'R.

I wonder if VR will play a new song too?

RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 10:39:35 PM »

I'm glad to see the band is still active. Dispells the idea that they are about to break up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 08:38:57 AM »

Yep...after these shows there'll be some "insiders" with some 'splainin' to do

can't wait to hear some new stuff from VR ok
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:41:49 AM by Neemo » Logged

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 01:47:05 PM »

I think that is the  most  likely explanation. Just a few days ago matt  said  they were  working  on songs  together, so if he is not in the band, it will be news to him.
Origen
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 07:50:58 AM »

Matt was there.

Here are photos from it (I'd appreachiate it if someone could post them in fullsize here):

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====186330&nbc1=1&VwMd=i

They only play one song "With You Were Here"

Review: http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=101257
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »

Very cool pictures. Is it just me or is James Hetfield looking kind of old these days?

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
anythinggoes
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »

Very cool pictures. Is it just me or is James Hetfield looking kind of old these days?
see how they write this what does it mean fucking rumours start that way

Dave Kushner, Duff McKagan, Scott Weiland and Matt Sorum of Velvet Revolver and Slash and they dot just do it the once either
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 01:55:35 PM »

see how they write this what does it mean fucking rumours start that way

Dave Kushner, Duff McKagan, Scott Weiland and Matt Sorum of Velvet Revolver and Slash and they dot just do it the once either

Yeah I saw that too I wanted to post that here, but I changed my mind because I thought it probably would start another rumor.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: