Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  1130 pm friday, baz is on e. trunk right now saying axl might call in (no shit!)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1130 pm friday, baz is on e. trunk right now saying axl might call in (no shit!)  (Read 124646 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #920 on: May 07, 2006, 02:02:36 PM »

Chris Jericho is my Fav wrestler and I think they were scared he was gonna ask Axl about the Scott Weiland thing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #921 on: May 07, 2006, 02:04:47 PM »

Sounds like they stuck with stuff that wouldn't make Axl uncomfortable.  A shame you have to act like that cause you may never get a change to talk to him again.  You pretty much are walking on egg shells with a guy like that.  One wrong thing said and interview is over. Oh well, atleast we got to hear from him.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #922 on: May 07, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »

Chris Jericho is my Fav wrestler and I think they were scared he was gonna ask Axl about the Scott Weiland thing.

Yeah, he's my favorite wrestler too.  It was hilarious...whenever Jericho asked a question everyone kinda held there breath hoping he didn't screw everything up.  To his credit though he did ask some good questions.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #923 on: May 07, 2006, 02:07:39 PM »

I got concerned everytime they went to play a song thinking axl wouldnt be back. I was like "NO Dont play a fuckin song, stick with the interview"

Anyone else think Eddie Trunk pandering for new radio markets seems kind of lame?

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #924 on: May 07, 2006, 02:09:57 PM »

I got concerned everytime they went to play a song thinking axl wouldnt be back. I was like "NO Dont play a fuckin song, stick with the interview"

Anyone else think Eddie Trunk pandering for new radio markets seems kind of lame?

Not really...to quote The Dude, "You gotta feed the monkey, man."  I have no problem with a little self-promotion now and then.  Eddie's usually a really humble guy anyway.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2006, 02:13:35 PM »

Yeah but its hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt on the IRS thing.

I said back then when it happened that he was doing it for his own personal gain, to get more responses, call ins etc to raise his profile so he could get more markets and more money.

Now after this Axl thing, he seems to be whoring the interview into tryin to line his own pockets by promoting the fact he was the first to leak a song and the guy he fucked over came on his show first.

It just kind of pisses me off.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »

I can see how it comes off that way, but I think its more a case of Eddie being totally psyched about the whole experience and wanting to share it with his fellow fans.  I think before Eddie is a radio show host he's a music fan.  If me or you got to hang out with Axl we'd probably never stop talking about it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2006, 02:24:29 PM »

I can see how it comes off that way, but I think its more a case of Eddie being totally psyched about the whole experience and wanting to share it with his fellow fans.? I think before Eddie is a radio show host he's a music fan.? If me or you got to hang out with Axl we'd probably never stop talking about it.

yeah but read his blog, he is excited and rightfully so, but he cant help plugging and promoting himself.

To me that doesnt seem as genuine.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2006, 02:26:51 PM »

^ I'll throw in my opinion that Axl didn't want pictures taken, because he didnt want them being used as promo shots or ads for the station.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #929 on: May 07, 2006, 02:29:21 PM »

I can see how it comes off that way, but I think its more a case of Eddie being totally psyched about the whole experience and wanting to share it with his fellow fans.? I think before Eddie is a radio show host he's a music fan.? If me or you got to hang out with Axl we'd probably never stop talking about it.

yeah but read his blog, he is excited and rightfully so, but he cant help plugging and promoting himself.

To me that doesnt seem as genuine.

Again, you still gotta feed the monkey.  Why can't the guy promote his show?  He has a good show, and if this can lead to him getting more listeners than good for Eddie.  He deserves it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Annie
« Reply #930 on: May 07, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »

I haven't been able to hear the whole thing, but I have to say that the original idea for the SWEET CHILD O MINE video with the drugs in the baby was totally brilliant! Only a true genius could come up with something like that! Kind of makes me think of the deep symbolism in the novel WICKED and the movie V for Vendetta.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #931 on: May 07, 2006, 02:35:46 PM »

I haven't been able to hear the whole thing, but I have to say that the original idea for the SWEET CHILD O MINE video with the drugs in the baby was totally brilliant! Only a true genius could come up with something like that! Kind of makes me think of the deep symbolism in the novel WICKED and the movie V for Vendetta.

I think the real video for SCOM is totally classic.  I'm happy they did what they did.  Seeing them all just playing the song and looking badass while doing it is what I like to see in a video anyway.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #932 on: May 07, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »

Yeah, he's my favorite wrestler too.

Yeah, Jericho was a decent wrestler, but it is freakin' ridiculous now that he's got his ass all over anything rock n' roll related like he's some kind of huge rock star who actually has a valid opinion that people outside the wrestling audience are gonna care about.  hihi

He was also putting in his $0.02 on VH-1's top 40 metal songs along with other miscellaneous appearences in anything music-related.  Stick to wrestling, Chris.  It's what you're good at.

Fozzy sucks.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #933 on: May 07, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but is the show available on the web anywhere?

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #934 on: May 07, 2006, 02:42:42 PM »

I think Jericho is a very knowledgeable music fan and his opninions are worth at least as much as your or mine. ?Fozzy does not suck. ?If you ever saw them live you damn sure wouldn't be saying that. ?And he's a great personality, so that's why you see him on TV and radio all the time. ?He's very entertaining. ?That being said I do agree that I'd like to see him back in wrestling. ?He's sorely missed in the WWE.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #935 on: May 07, 2006, 02:45:45 PM »

He knows his stuff when it comes to music, he's got the gift of the gab, so why not feature him in those kinds of shows?
shaun
« Reply #936 on: May 07, 2006, 02:48:23 PM »

that Sebastian person, the story about Axl taking his time to appear on stage, as he was taking a shower (well that's the excuse) it's like the only story Sebastian repeats over and over when Axl is on the scene  Roll Eyes

maybe if he was to hang with the new GnR he'll get a 2nd story under his belt  hihi
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #937 on: May 07, 2006, 02:53:46 PM »

that Sebastian person, the story about Axl taking his time to appear on stage, as he was taking a shower (well that's the excuse) it's like the only story Sebastian repeats over and over when Axl is on the scene? Roll Eyes

maybe if he was to hang with the new GnR he'll get a 2nd story under his belt? hihi

That Sebastian person?  You mean Sebastian Bach one of the great rock frontmen of all-time.  Sebastian had tons of good Axl stories since his band (Skid Row, ever hear of them?) kinda toured with them during the UYI tour.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #938 on: May 07, 2006, 02:57:26 PM »

My favorite stories from that interivew are:

"DUDE, WHY YOU BEIN' SUCH A DICK???"

"No, this is house music, if you put that out you can buy a house!"

"I was takin' a shower..."
shaun
« Reply #939 on: May 07, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »

that Sebastian person, the story about Axl taking his time to appear on stage, as he was taking a shower (well that's the excuse) it's like the only story Sebastian repeats over and over when Axl is on the scene  Roll Eyes

maybe if he was to hang with the new GnR he'll get a 2nd story under his belt  hihi

That Sebastian person?  You mean Sebastian Bach one of the great rock frontmen of all-time.  Sebastian had tons of good Axl stories since his band (Skid Row, ever hear of them?) kinda toured with them during the UYI tour.

I know who he is. The last time i got to see him was when he appeared on headbangersball over 10 years ago now. I guess he has changed a little. As for Skid Row, they were like a 1 hit wonder for me.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: