Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who should replace buckethead?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should replace buckethead?  (Read 68086 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2005, 04:36:23 PM »

Cuz numerous members said that Robin and Richard will be sharing guitar duties

Dave, an ex-extreme member already destroyed an excellent rock band. do we need to see it happen again? I don't think so.

Besides can you see the headlines?

"GnR goes Extreme"

For some unknown reason Axl Rose has aquired the services of former extreme guitarist Nuno Bettencourt, who is known for writing classic hits such as "Get The Funk out" and "More than Words".

Axl has since been quoted as saying, "Finally we can bring the recording process to a new level"

hihi seriously though, Extreme sucked once already, there is no reason to see any of them back in the spotlight

Do you even have a clue how great nuno bettencourt is? I bet you don't. He is one of the best guitarist in the world. Have you even heard his solo stuff?

Actually no i haven't heard his solo stuff, but i have heard he is a really good guitarist. I was making a joke more than anything. sorry to hurt your feelings. but those 2 songs i mentioned were pretty crappy you have to admit that at least.

Besides i doubt Axl will bring in another guitarist, just cuz of all the things said by band members in interviews.

I have a feeling gnr will remain, Axl, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Pittman (If pittman is even still there)

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2005, 04:37:38 PM »

You did not hurt my feelings but he is just as good as buckethead. That is  how good this guy is.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »

You did not hurt my feelings but he is just as good as buckethead. That is? how good this guy is.

would you mind PMing me his best tune? I'd like to check it out

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2005, 04:44:34 PM »

You did not hurt my feelings but he is just as good as buckethead. That is  how good this guy is.

I hope u are aware how different Extreme is from Guns N' Roses. Extreme sounds like a remake of Bon Jovi (Cupid's Dead no ). Do you want a guitarist like that in GN'R? True, Nuno is a good guitarist, but not everybody's playing style suits the band,
P.S: The black nail polish is fucking over the line!

Fuck 'Em All.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2005, 04:45:55 PM »

Besides can you see the headlines?

"GnR goes Extreme"

For some unknown reason Axl Rose has aquired the services of former extreme guitarist Nuno Bettencourt, who is known for writing classic hits such as "Get The Funk out" and "More than Words".

LOL!! hihi

Or how 'bout "Axl Hires "Numero Nuno" For GNR...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2005, 04:52:51 PM »

Nuno Bettencourt would be a dream. come on he's portuguese like me, and my dad knows the guy! i'd so get to meet him then, cuz then it would be worth it! so he could tell me all about Axl's Moustache.
other than him, there's about a zillion guys that can fill in Slash/buckethead's shoes. i guess nuno would just be a lot cooler than any of the other guys.

Chinese Democracy!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2005, 04:58:43 PM »

. i guess nuno would just be a lot cooler than any of the other guys.

That's a first, I don't think I've ever heard "Nuno" and "cool(er)" in the same sentence...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2005, 05:14:56 PM »

http://203.252.56.53/nunon4/Nuno%20-%20Live%20in%20Rio%20Guitar%20Solo.wmv
or
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=332QXB9GMLC1101YCW10WL9554
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 09:12:58 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2005, 07:45:59 PM »

That's a first, I don't think I've ever heard "Nuno" and "cool(er)" in the same sentence...

do u ever know who he is? and not from extreme?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2005, 09:03:49 PM »

do u ever know who he is? and not from extreme?

Yes. 

Why do you ask?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2005, 12:55:51 PM »

Then you should know he great he is. And he is "cool" if  you have ever seen him away from extreme.

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2005, 01:35:17 PM »

but he is just as good as buckethead. That is? how good this guy is.

Sorry but that?s just not the case, IMO. Nuno is a very good player, but players like Buckethead and Thal raised the bar and dance circles around him. Keep in mind that Buckethead and Thal are just three years younger then Nuno, yet they grew so much more during their career (I?m not talking about celebrity status here)? Their chops are so much more insane, the songwriting is richer, more diverse and contemporary. Bettencourt?s technique alone would be quite a big bottleneck if he was expected to do live what Buck did on the album (knowing Buck?s and Nuno?s abilities).

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 01:36:54 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2005, 02:35:23 PM »

I disagree. I think Bettencourt is right up there with BH. BH may  be a tad better but Nuno could play BHs parts on CD without a doubt.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »

Then you should know he great he is. And he is "cool" if? you have ever seen him away from extreme.

He can play, no doubt about it.

But..

Axl's got an up hill battle as it is, I don't think hiring the former guitarist from Extreme (no matter how skilled he is) would be in the best interest of GNR.  Too much baggage comes along with
stigma that goes with the tag "former Extreme guitarist", negating any type of "cool" whatsoever.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2005, 04:27:06 PM »

Then you should know he great he is. And he is "cool" if? you have ever seen him away from extreme.

But..

Axl's got an up hill battle as it is, I don't think hiring the former guitarist from Extreme (no matter how skilled he is) would be in the best interest of GNR.? Too much baggage comes along with
stigma that goes with the tag "former Extreme guitarist", negating any type of "cool" whatsoever.

Fortus played with N Synch and no one cares. So why would this be different?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2005, 05:34:42 PM »

But..

Axl's got an up hill battle as it is, I don't think hiring the former guitarist from Extreme (no matter how skilled he is) would be in the best interest of GNR.? Too much baggage comes along with

Fortus played with N Synch and no one cares. So why would this be different?

I've really never heard Richard referred to as "former NSync guitarist".? Only "former Physcadelic Furs"
or "former Love Spit Love guitarist".? ?Beyond that, he's basically played in obscurity.

Bettencourt will always be known as "former Extreme guitarist" and no matter how you cut it, it's just
not cool.?

Is it fair?? Hell no.

Is it a perception thing?? Absolutely.?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2005, 08:08:33 PM »

No one would care that nuno was from extreme, plus that band was pretty big back in the day. 

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2005, 09:19:53 AM »

but he is just as good as buckethead. That is  how good this guy is.

Sorry but that?s just not the case, IMO. Nuno is a very good player, but players like Buckethead and Thal raised the bar and dance circles around him. Keep in mind that Buckethead and Thal are just three years younger then Nuno, yet they grew so much more during their career (I?m not talking about celebrity status here)? Their chops are so much more insane, the songwriting is richer, more diverse and contemporary. Bettencourt?s technique alone would be quite a big bottleneck if he was expected to do live what Buck did on the album (knowing Buck?s and Nuno?s abilities).

-PEACE-

how can u even compare ron thal's cds to nuno's. not even virtuosos like his shit. he is just so out there that i doubt anyone gets it. and even if u do, believe me u'r not the majoraty here.
schizophonic is a great cd, and yes, Nuno is just as good as BH. never the less it don't matter, the guy can play and write, he has awsome tunes, and he would seem a lot less weird then the guy with a bucket and a white mask. bh seems like he came from a star wars convention ( don't get me wrong i love the guy, in and out of gn'r) but nuno is much more of a rock n roll kinda a guy. BH is not rock n roll. and besides nuno is no longer part of extreme so i don't think it's fair to judge him cuz of his past, since then he has done a lot better since then IMO.
Butch walker was the guitar player for southgang that horrible 80's band that seemed like a rip off of extreme. and now he's this talented producer and song writer, so people can evolve into something different. and judging nuno's work, i guess it's the same situation. check out his band population one. they rock

Chinese Democracy!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2005, 10:27:05 AM »

No one would care that nuno was from extreme, plus that band was pretty big back in the day.?

Well, evryone cared when Cherone joined Van Halen...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2005, 11:55:54 AM »

No one would care that nuno was from extreme, plus that band was pretty big back in the day.?

Well, evryone cared when Cherone joined Van Halen...

Cherone is not Nuno. So I dont see your point? And right now it seems that nuno is play with Perry Farell, so you think Janes fans care? No, they dont.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: