Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR should do Letterman
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR should do Letterman  (Read 3532 times)
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« on: May 05, 2006, 12:29:08 PM »

Given they are going to be in NYC next week, they should do a song. Good exposure, live audience etc.

I wouldnt be totally shocked if this happens next week.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 12:33:34 PM »

would be cool, playing IRS. It's a good "rock in your face" song. Would work great I think.
Or playing The Blues.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 12:36:09 PM »

would be ok i guess i mean hey they would be on tv and we could get the recording very easy.

jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 12:46:12 PM »

I could see them playing Conan, hes a GN'R fan!

Fucked up and out of place
Vadin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 12:47:13 PM »

I could see them playing Conan, hes a GN'R fan!

haha.. yeah.. and a fan of the finnish president  Grin
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »

God no,

A band like gnr shouldn't whore itself out to talk shows/ saturday night live......
iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 01:09:55 PM »

Bands who have done SNL:

The Rolling Stones
The Grateful Dead
Bob Dylan
Frank Zappa
The Kinks
Tom Petty
Brian Wilson
Aerosmith
Eric Clapton
Nirvana
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pearl Jam
U2
Metallica
Surviving Members of the Beatles

Pretty prestigious list if you ask me. SNL is a great way to generate publicity. What would a "band like GNR" be exactly?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 01:18:41 PM »

I just don't think the performance area is big enough for Guns N Roses... also, most the bands you just listed will suck a corporate dick to sell an album, get a record contract, and they cater to the media... Axl Rose doesn't do those things.
Nine Inch Nails has been offered to play SNL, late shows, etc... Trent declines.. it's not really his thing.. and I don't think it's Axl's either, but that's just my opinion.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »

i don't think they should do ANY tv performances like late night shows until there is something for people to buy.  it would be a waste otherwise..
the ones who dont know that the band is doing new stuff would be more inclined to buy it but only after the album is out.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »

they did Fox's Late Show back in 89.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 01:31:18 PM »

i hope gnr doesnt do a late night show, if they want publicity release CD

iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 01:31:58 PM »

P-Funk did SNL. Who has more people in the band than P-Funk?

Bottom line is that SNL reaches millions of viewers. Once GNR has something to sell, they should do some TV.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 01:36:37 PM »

i don't think they should do ANY tv performances like late night shows until there is something for people to buy.? it would be a waste otherwise..

exactly, they shouldn't be on tv even if they have a release date.  Too many things could and have gone wrong with releasing a product.  What happens if they play live and then the release date gets pushed back = more dissatisfied casual fans.  It wouldn't really make a difference to us diehards. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
RichardNixon
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 01:38:36 PM »

Axl should go on the Daily Show or The Colbert Report.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 01:40:31 PM »

I just don't think the performance area is big enough for Guns N Roses... also, most the bands you just listed will suck a corporate dick to sell an album, get a record contract, and they cater to the media... Axl Rose doesn't do those things.
Nine Inch Nails has been offered to play SNL, late shows, etc... Trent declines.. it's not really his thing.. and I don't think it's Axl's either, but that's just my opinion.

I couldn't disagree more.

Nirvana suck dick to sell albums but "You Could Be Mine" was totally not a product of marketing, come on. I love GN'R but really, do you really belive this? GN'R did ?MTV, release the "Making of the Video" on VHS, and jumped on the alternative bandwagon with SI. I love them, but they want to make money.

RichardNixon
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 01:44:50 PM »

Nirvana suck dick to sell albums but "You Could Be Mine" was totally not a product of marketing, come on. I love GN'R but really, do you really belive this? GN'R did ?MTV, release the "Making of the Video" on VHS, and jumped on the alternative bandwagon with SI. I love them, but they want to make money.

"jumped on the alternative bandwagon with SI."

Put the crack pipe down....
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 01:46:36 PM »

I'll play the politician here.. I agree with both of you. ?They want the big bucks, but they wont kiss ass to get it. ?If they see an opportunity to be featured without having to suck that "Corporate dick," sure they'll go for it. ?Axl has been all about bad press since day one, which is ironic because he thrives on good reviews and hates the bad ones. ?I don't see him doing something as clean as letterman, o'brien, leno, etc.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 01:51:44 PM »

Hmmmm... you don't notice a direct change in course between previous material versus post grunge material? Must be me, and the thousands of critcs that noted GN'R's failed effort to appeal to grunge fans... and later failed effort to appeal to industrial fans... and latest effort to appeal to gorrillaz fans.? Wink (last one was a joke)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 01:53:40 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 02:01:59 PM »

Hmmmm... you don't notice a direct change in course between previous material versus post grunge material? Must be me, and the thousands of critcs that noted GN'R's failed effort to appeal to grunge fans... and later failed effort to appeal to industrial fans... and latest effort to appeal to gorrillaz fans.? Wink (last one was a joke)

First, "The Spaghetti Incident" was recorded alongside the Illusion albums, well before the grunge/alternative rock revolution. Second, nothing on TSI? sounds "grunge" or "alternative".
Are there distorted guitars with a lot of fuzz? No. No grunge. Are there offbeat Velvet Underground/Sonic Youth left-of-the-dial stabs? No. No alternative. So yes, it is just you!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:03:31 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Origen
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 02:09:56 PM »

If he does any TV interviews they're oviously going to be on European shows.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: