Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:09:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy on guitar?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy on guitar?  (Read 7750 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 12:37:48 PM »

Is'nt the last one a bass guitar as oppposed to a guitar, erm...guitar...? Either way if this is genuine does'nt it show that hey will have a third guitarist...? ok

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 01:00:19 PM »

Is'nt the last one a bass guitar as oppposed to a guitar, erm...guitar...? Either way if this is genuine does'nt it show that hey will have a third guitarist...? ok
You're right about the bass. My bad, I didn't read it properly, hehehe. Tongue
But this is not any proof to have a third guitarist. It could be an extra combo to either Robin or Richard or even some set to Axl to play in some songs (like he did in Madagascar @ RIR3). But my bet is that they'll have indeed a third guitarist...

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

john five uses laney heads... just throwin it out there Tongue
he's not the only one of course, but he does use them

Chinese Democracy!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 07:18:58 PM »

Here some set-up stuff thats was emailed to me

Stage Left

2 x Fender Bassman heads
2 x Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinets
Guitar Tech: SWinstead

2 x Diezel4 Heads
2 x Marshall 4x12 cabinets
Guitar Tech: JPhillips

Stage Right

2 x VH100R M Laney heads
2 x Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinets
Guitar Tech: RLong

2 x Matchless Bass Heads
2 x Matchless 4x12 cabinets
Guitar Tech: JPhillips

4 guitars? Shocked

BTW, Dizzy could play accoustic in some song, like the begining of IRS. Wink

The one with the Diezel and Marshall heads sounds like Richard Fortus. Interestingly, there is no other mention of mention of Marshall, which Robin Finck uses for both amps and cabinets.

Here is what intrigues me most. According to the HTGTH former members section Izzy Stradlin' uses both Fender Bassman amp and Mesa/Boogie cabinet. Steve Winstead was the guitar tech for Rick Richards and possibly Izzy in the Ju Ju Hounds. He also has backing vocals credits on some of their albums. Now look at the info for the first guitarist on stage left above.

Like I said I'm not totally sure Steve Winstead is Izzy's guitar tech but he's definately worked with the Ju Ju Hounds. That along with the fact Izzy's amp and cabinet match the details above and that the original poster said Dizzy's guitar tech [which sounds like it could mean Izzy's guitar tech, could be a mistake or a cover up so the secret doesn't get out] will be present, and he was always on the left side of the stage and then Izzy's recent party with Axl and this is definately getting interesting.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:32:00 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »

Oh and not only does John 5 use that specific laney amp but robert long is his guitar tech as well:

http://ca.geocities.com/seikokumano2000/gear/laney.htm

If all this is info is real we could be looking at Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, John 5 and Izzy Stradlin'.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 07:40:54 PM »

there is no way in hell robin isn't doin this tour. sorry  ok

Chinese Democracy!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 07:42:52 PM »

I know, to tell the truth I think the original poster is wrong or has been fooled. There is no mention of an all marshall setup which I'm fairly sure Finck would go for. Does anyone know the name of his guitar tech?

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 07:43:07 PM »

Oh and not only does John 5 use that specific laney amp but robert long is his guitar tech as well:

If all this is info is real we could be looking at Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, John 5 and Izzy Stradlin'.

John 5 is commited to Rob Zombie.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 07:46:29 PM »

John 5 is commited to Rob Zombie.

I know I'm not saying this it true, just what it would suggest if it were. I personally find it unlikely John 5 and Izzy are in the band so I think someone made up this list of amp, cabinet and guitar tech details as a hoax.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:51:03 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 11:32:19 AM »

sorry for taking so long to get back lads....some of the original assumptions could be right...it may well be Izzy playing in Ireland..."Jeffry Bell" is one of the band members booked into the four seasons hotel here in Dublin with band entourage consisting of roadies and band.

Was talking to Gilby Clarke about the whole thing surrounding GNR at his gig last friday, and he said all that he heard was that all the guys are on speaking terms again despite what may be reported from time to time.  He also said that some of the guys have had to phone each other to save embarrassment from replying to false statements issued by unknown representatives.
Unfortunately scott was sucked in on one such occasion.

Someone was asking was Duff playing Ireland (with AIC) and the confirmation i got was is that same band line-up as UK gig...so yes
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:47:03 AM by mesaboogie » Logged
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 11:42:26 AM »

Pittman will play Buckets solos as they are prerecorded into his Casio keyboard.
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 11:49:18 AM »

now that sound plausible, why didnt axl think of that....maybe he thought hiring a student from a garage band would be cheaper hihi
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 11:53:07 AM »

i really hope its John5, but its probably not.
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 12:00:16 PM »

GNR have gone to great lengths to gain the type of publicity theyre are getting all because of the "supposed"open guitar position. 

If the band walks out as with a new lead guitarist called Richard Fortus (which is what even gilby thinks is plausible, he isnt from the past), he is the present) Im gonna laugh my ass off and crack open a few beers.

Old dizzy do backing guitar, Izzy up for a few tunes....I for one would be happy enough
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 12:24:06 PM »

na na na lol Dizzy is the keybord man and so must be! lol

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 12:28:51 PM »

Well here are the getups from this site from 2002

Tommy Stinson
Matchless Thunderman
SWR Mo'bass with two SWR Megoliath 8x10 cabinets
Line 6 Bass Pod

Richard Fortus
Plexi Marshalls (modified)
Diezel

So thats take care of JPhillips and Tommy and Richard

So we now have the fender and the Laney equip

Steve Winstead has worked with Izzy, mike cambell, Weezer etc etc

but anyway 4 guitar setups equals 3 guitarists and a bass guitarist imo

awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 12:36:10 PM »

This thread is the coolest!  Thanks for the info from Ireland!  Also thanks to the guy who recognized the guitar tech for (possibly) Izzy.  Damn, this is fun! 

But Axl did say there was only one new guitarist, so Robin's gotta be there...  I think.

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 12:42:21 PM »

sorry for taking so long to get back lads....some of the original assumptions could be right...it may well be Izzy playing in Ireland..."Jeffry Bell" is one of the band members booked into the four seasons hotel here in Dublin with band entourage consisting of roadies and band.

Was talking to Gilby Clarke about the whole thing surrounding GNR at his gig last friday, and he said all that he heard was that all the guys are on speaking terms again despite what may be reported from time to time.  He also said that some of the guys have had to phone each other to save embarrassment from replying to false statements issued by unknown representatives.
Unfortunately scott was sucked in on one such occasion.

Someone was asking was Duff playing Ireland (with AIC) and the confirmation i got was is that same band line-up as UK gig...so yes

this sounds interesting if it`s true.....

i like the part about the guys being on speaking terms again. i think it`ll be the shit seeing duff with alice in chains and axl with gnr in nijmegen this summer. and i suppose duff wouldn`t play there without being on speaking terms with alx again anyways....  maybe another guest appearance on it`s so easy or brownstone?? 

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 12:42:54 PM »

This thread is the coolest!? Thanks for the info from Ireland!? Also thanks to the guy who recognized the guitar tech for (possibly) Izzy.? Damn, this is fun!?

But Axl did say there was only one new guitarist, so Robin's gotta be there...? I think.

yeah he said same band from 2002 with a replacement for BH....so Robin must either use fender bassman or Laney

it is interesting to note what estrangedpaul pointed out....john5 uses VH100R Laney's, but BLS-Pride also pointed out that John5 is in rob zombie. both rob zombie's and john5's myspaces show the same tourdates too

I highly doubt Izzy is back in gnr.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 12:58:50 PM »

Buckethead uses mesa boogie amps nervous nervous

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: