Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The chinese democracy demos and live songs are holding up well against new album
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The chinese democracy demos and live songs are holding up well against new album  (Read 7255 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: May 05, 2006, 01:58:08 AM »

The demos we have heard thus far and the live songs from 2002 hold up very well against new album and singles that are out now or coming out. I got the new pearl jam and tool albums and they are not even close to  being as good as most of the gnr new stuff. I really think axl needs to drop this album soon, I think rock music needs a kick in the ass  because current bands are not cutting it. 

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 02:01:35 AM »

the new pearl jam rocks, its bit poppy but it still has some great tunes man

poop
Crowebar
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 02:10:04 AM »

No it doesn't

Pearl Jam is highly overrated imho

Yeah, they have a few good tunes but they'll never be as huge as GNR

No fucking way
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 02:11:40 AM »

The demos we have heard thus far and the live songs from 2002 hold up very well against new album and singles that are out now or coming out. I got the new pearl jam and tool albums and they are not even close to? being as good as most of the gnr new stuff. I really think axl needs to drop this album soon, I think rock music needs a kick in the ass? because current bands are not cutting it.?
I haven't listened to the two albums you mention, but I will agree with your asessment of the new songs so far. It blows anything away that the music world has heard in years. Nothing comes close. Hopefully GNR will play a few songs we haven't heard yet in NY so the world can see some more material he has up his sleeve.

zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 02:26:00 AM »

i agree that the new GNR material has lots of promise but i also think that 10,000 Days is a extraordinary album, although it did take several listens too really appreciate it!  pearl jam's new one is a kinda weak though>  cant wait too hear more chinese democracy tracks

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 02:38:04 AM »

The demos we have heard thus far and the live songs from 2002 hold up very well against new album and singles that are out now or coming out. I got the new pearl jam and tool albums and they are not even close to? being as good as most of the gnr new stuff. I really think axl needs to drop this album soon, I think rock music needs a kick in the ass? because current bands are not cutting it.?
I haven't listened to the two albums you mention, but I will agree with your asessment of the new songs so far. It blows anything away that the music world has heard in years. Nothing comes close. Hopefully GNR will play a few songs we haven't heard yet in NY so the world can see some more material he has up his sleeve.

Even the top rock songs on the rock charts, take a song like Better and most of them dont even come close. I have given Better to quite a few friends, and most say how great the song is and they are suprised how good Axls voice sounds.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 02:49:13 AM »

The music industry needs an enema and Guns N Roses is just the band to do it.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 02:53:58 AM »

All the new albums I purchased this year have exceeded the new GNR songs but it isn't fair to compare finalized versions to demos.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 02:58:55 AM »

the world needs Guns N' Roses and Tool touring together beer

TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 05:47:25 AM »

No it doesn't

Pearl Jam is highly overrated imho

Yeah, they have a few good tunes but they'll never be as huge as GNR

No fucking way

YES!!! Pearl Jam do suck!!! And all the freakin' Pearl Jam fans who bitch "If Kurt Cobain didn't kill himself, then Pearl Jam would be known as the definitive grunge band" should crawl in a hole. Pearl Jam will, and would never have been, as creative and brilliant as Nirvana...oh, and Tool sucks too

Back on topic so I don't get banned...lol...

Yes, the GNR leaks and live tracks are amazing. Although, live track wise, I would love to hear a studio version of Madagascar and Chinese Democracy.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 06:56:07 AM »

I think 'Better' could be a massive song. Perhaps with a bit alteration after the first half because it doesn't flow too well. I am bearing in mind it's a demo. It's just when it broke in and he sang 'The hardest part...', I just thought 'Fairwell Velvet Revolver'.

There's not anymore that I can do...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 07:06:39 AM »

All the new albums I purchased this year have exceeded the new GNR songs but it isn't fair to compare finalized versions to demos.
I would like to see this list of albums that exceeds the CD material.

TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 07:09:41 AM »

Me too please. What good rock music came out this year anyway?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 07:16:55 AM »

This year?? nervous nervous I haven't heard anything that even comes close to these CD songs since I bought Soundgarden's Superunknown album in 1994.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 07:27:47 AM »

Nothing really. Its funny that everyone is so in agreement on Better. My band and I have been kicking it around at the last few practices. We're hoping it doesn't change much from the demo to the final track so we don't have to relearn it.

We had about 5 or 6 people hanging around at the last practice who didn't even know the song and they wanted us to add to the setlist like RIGHT NOW before it's even released. They all agreed that a song that good would go over with the crowd even though they'd never heard it!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 07:53:23 AM »

This year?? nervous nervous I haven't heard anything that even comes close to these CD songs since I bought Soundgarden's Superunknown album in 1994.

nice choice - Superunknown is def one of the greats in any era of rock

Jeff Buckley's Grace, also from 1994, is in that league also

But I do think there has been some great rock in recent years. Perhaps it hasn't been as world conquering as it once was, but to me the White Stripes- Elephant, Green Day - American Idiot, Audioslaves debut and Muse's Origin of Symmetry are all fantastic rock albums. I'm sure I've missed a few as well

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 07:57:27 AM »

Perhaps, but Axl should still take a page out of Tool's book, and include a pair of 3D goggles, and some trippy fuckin' artwork in the CD case for Chinese Democracy ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 08:04:22 AM »

I liked the leaked tracks much better than the songs from 2002, so i'd say yes the leaked tracks are better than anything new I've heard since CB came out but not those of 2002.  I wasn't impressed with any of them.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 08:05:53 AM »

I liked the leaked tracks much better than the songs from 2002, so i'd say yes the leaked tracks are better than anything new I've heard since CB came out but not those of 2002.  I wasn't impressed with any of them.

I really loved Madagascar and The Blues. I wasn't real big on ANY of the others (i.e. Rhiad, Silkworms, etc).

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 08:41:10 AM »

The demos we have heard thus far and the live songs from 2002 hold up very well against new album and singles that are out now or coming out. I got the new pearl jam and tool albums and they are not even close to  being as good as most of the gnr new stuff. I really think axl needs to drop this album soon, I think rock music needs a kick in the ass  because current bands are not cutting it. 

you didn`t listen to the new pearl jam album even when you have?? hihi

i think it`s one of the best albums of the last 10 years ok  pearl jam rocks!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: