Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl says, "...Friends - old and new"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl says, "...Friends - old and new"  (Read 14245 times)
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2006, 02:12:39 PM »

People from HTGTH stop Dreaming!!!! this is not a reunion tour like Judas Priest!!!! I don't support the new line up(excepting Brain) but that's what we have at the moment old members are busy doind their thinks is it difficult to understand that?Huh

Origen
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »

sloth and doof.

well now thats mature? Roll Eyes

Read his previous posts he constantly goes on like that  Roll Eyes
Z
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2006, 02:29:30 PM »

People from HTGTH stop Dreaming!!!! this is not a reunion tour like Judas Priest!!!! I don't support the new line up(excepting Brain) but that's what we have at the moment old members are busy doind their thinks is it difficult to understand that?Huh

I take it you're NOT coming to New York then to join us "old/new friends"??
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »

No offense man, but if you don't support the new lineup, why are you here? Granted this is a place for GNR fans to talk and debate news and all that stuff, but the new GNR is the new GNR, no 2 ways around it. They are now Guns and Roses. So if you don't like them.... Huh

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2006, 04:03:35 PM »

No offense man, but if you don't support the new lineup, why are you here? Granted this is a place for GNR fans to talk and debate news and all that stuff, but the new GNR is the new GNR, no 2 ways around it. They are now Guns and Roses. So if you don't like them.... Huh

Yep. I feel the same way man! Why are you hear and posting about the new shows if you don't like the new band?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2006, 04:06:33 PM »

B/C they don't have lives and that is something to do.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2006, 04:09:34 PM »

Yep. I feel the same way man! Why are you hear and posting about the new shows if you don't like the new band?

totally disagree, just b/c you like something a lot doesn't mean you have to love the sum of all the parts.  There are thousands who like "skinny elvis" to "vegas elvis", old beatles to new beatles, metallica before the black album and those who like the newer stuff....i could go on and on.  GNR isn't just Axl (although hes a HUGE part of it for sure).  I happen to like BOTH old and new GNR, but respect those that don't. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2006, 04:13:47 PM »

People from HTGTH stop Dreaming!!!! this is not a reunion tour like Judas Priest!!!!

Our definition of reunion tour might vary, but considering they released a new album, and a good one at that, its hard for me to define what they just did as a reunion tour. Two years ago when they were on ozzfest, that was a reunion tour, they had no new material to promote.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
TOPGUNner
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2006, 04:52:17 PM »

totally disagree, just b/c you like something a lot doesn't mean you have to love the sum of all the parts.? There are thousands who like "skinny elvis" to "vegas elvis", old beatles to new beatles, metallica before the black album and those who like the newer stuff....i could go on and on.? GNR isn't just Axl (although hes a HUGE part of it for sure).? I happen to like BOTH old and new GNR, but respect those that don't.?

Point taken...but your missing something. Elvis, fat or skinny was elvis. Beatles were ALWAYS John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Metallica was always pretty much the same lineup to.

Guns and Roses is a different beast. Your talking about one of the biggest hard rock bands in history, and their frontman replacing all of the original members because he owns the name.

MUCH, MUCH, MUCH different than the Beatles or Metallica.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2006, 05:07:01 PM »

totally disagree, just b/c you like something a lot doesn't mean you have to love the sum of all the parts.  There are thousands who like "skinny elvis" to "vegas elvis", old beatles to new beatles, metallica before the black album and those who like the newer stuff....i could go on and on.  GNR isn't just Axl (although hes a HUGE part of it for sure).  I happen to like BOTH old and new GNR, but respect those that don't. 

Point taken...but your missing something. Elvis, fat or skinny was elvis. Beatles were ALWAYS John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Metallica was always pretty much the same lineup to.

Guns and Roses is a different beast. Your talking about one of the biggest hard rock bands in history, and their frontman replacing all of the original members because he owns the name.

MUCH, MUCH, MUCH different than the Beatles or Metallica.

Ok, what about van halen then?  What about non music related - can you call yourself a starwars fan but HATE the new movies (as most people seem to)?

and my point was more to the collection of music, not the members of the band - meaning you can like something (someone can like AFD and Lies) from a band, but totally HATE something else (UYI and SI) but still be a fan of the band who produced both.

TOPGUNner
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2006, 05:19:49 PM »

Your still not getting it. Let me try again:

Star Wars in the 70's directed by George Lucas
Star Wars in the 21st Century directed by George Lucas

The Beatles first album: John, Paul, George, Ringo
The Beatles last album: John, Paul, George, Ringo

I understand your point about not liking the new Star Wars, I don't, but I'm still a Star Wars fan. MY POINT, is that the same person who made those movies in the past is still doing it today. The same people who made Guns and Roses in the past ARE NOT the same people making Guns and Roses music TODAY.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to only like one version of GNR, I'm saying take into account that this is a COMPLETLEY different GNR...not just different music, but different people making that different music. That's the point.

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2006, 05:26:59 PM »

it's all cryptic writings. Axl's statement about Slash, Matt's positive comments about Axl, Duff's refusal to say anything, etc...

the other guys (Tommy, Robin,Brain, pittman, fortus) are still under contract and Axl will continue to pay them for the remainder of their contracts. That's why they can't reveal anything about the reunion. That's why the dates are no longer on Fortus's website.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! Not too bad for just making shit up on the fly though. i just couldn't resist.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »

Your still not getting it. Let me try again:

Star Wars in the 70's directed by George Lucas
Star Wars in the 21st Century directed by George Lucas

The Beatles first album: John, Paul, George, Ringo
The Beatles last album: John, Paul, George, Ringo

I understand your point about not liking the new Star Wars, I don't, but I'm still a Star Wars fan. MY POINT, is that the same person who made those movies in the past is still doing it today. The same people who made Guns and Roses in the past ARE NOT the same people making Guns and Roses music TODAY.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to only like one version of GNR, I'm saying take into account that this is a COMPLETLEY different GNR...not just different music, but different people making that different music. That's the point.

sigh, i already said drop the music comparison (but you didn't answer my Van Halen question).....as for Starwars, you missed the point - wasn't talking about who created it, i meant the new characters, the wacky story etc......i don't think people go around saying they are George Lucas fans, they are star wars fans.  So you can be a star wars fan and really like the first three movies but think Jar Jar Binks is a joke (who knows, maybe you like him haha kidding). and hayden christiansen can't act his way out of a paper bag.  You said you yourself don't like the new movies but like the old ones....so if someone was talking about the new movies you wouldn't give your opinion about them and say they suck (but still consider yourself a fan)?

anyways, we are WAY off topic, if you wanna continue, just PM me.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »

The key words are "for new  and old friends" not "with" old and new friends. If Slash were  to rejoin Axl would not say "for" he would say "with." So it ain't happening. I stake  1000 donuts on it.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2006, 05:23:27 AM »

It'll be cool if Izzy is back with Axl

I think that would make the most sense

Izzy wrote most of their best tunes

From reading various things, I could see Izzy joining the band to do a song on a date (or two) of the tour. Axl and Izzy could sing 14 Years, that'd be ridiculously perfect and blow my mind... and potentially get up Slash and Duff's noses, which I'm sure would appeal to Axl.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2006, 06:55:46 AM »

It'll be cool if Izzy is back with Axl

I think that would make the most sense

Izzy wrote most of their best tunes

From reading various things, I could see Izzy joining the band to do a song on a date (or two) of the tour. Axl and Izzy could sing 14 Years, that'd be ridiculously perfect and blow my mind... and potentially get up Slash and Duff's noses, which I'm sure would appeal to Axl.

I just can't see Izzy being involved in any big dates GNR might play. Isn't that why he left in the first place? If he does anything with this band, I'll bet it'll be at the NYC shows.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2006, 10:46:42 AM »

yes i herd he was makin new friends there in NY.i think that is great !

the one an only horsey !
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2006, 01:32:01 PM »

If Izzy ever appears onstage with Axl, certainly they are gonna play Dont Cry...  damn... that will be a huge moment for those who are in the concert...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »

If Izzy ever appears onstage with Axl, certainly they are gonna play Dont Cry...? damn... that will be a huge moment for those who are in the concert...

If Izzy walks out we gotta hear Dust N' Bones or 14 years.....maybe even You Ain't The First!

TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2006, 04:02:01 PM »

Not forgetting Double Talkin' Jive.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: