Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl says, "...Friends - old and new"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl says, "...Friends - old and new"  (Read 14262 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 04:42:49 AM »

i think its better not to be expecting any of them to appear in the shows... It?s better to go there, this is an advise for those who are going  Wink and expect to see Axl and his band (the new one) cos if eventually slash or any other former member appears it?ll be fucking awesome... can u imagine the feeling? lol but it?s better to keep the expectations not that high....

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 04:47:59 AM »

axl made them great tunes.
on topic i think he ment fans old and new.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 04:49:41 AM by Big Willie » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 05:39:03 AM »

axl made them great tunes.
on topic i think he ment fans old and new.

Roll Eyes Here we go again...
Please dont open Pandoras box!

Whatever, why even bother  smoking  beer

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 05:43:04 AM »

He def. meant old fans and new fans. I would expect some cool surprises at the show, but no reunion.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 05:57:12 AM »

You see....it every single fucking fuck-time it comes down to people misquoting Axl! Way to go! Some of you only hear / or read what you fucking want to read. Some of you 'hear', 'think', 'analyze': reunion! with every single thing. Is that neccecary? Is it that hard to read Axl's comments? Is it that hard to interpetate them? Don't think so.

He most likely meaned old and new fans! Like some others already pointed out. It makes me sad that every single discussion derails, u-turns into a reunion debate. I realy hope that in 7 or 8 days this belongs to the past.

I came to love and embrace the new guns! Some of you need to give them a chance. You might like them. *sigh*

Sad

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 06:12:43 AM »

You see....it every single fucking fuck-time it comes down to people misquoting Axl! Way to go! Some of you only hear / or read what you fucking want to read. Some of you 'hear', 'think', 'analyze': reunion! with every single thing. Is that neccecary? Is it that hard to read Axl's comments? Is it that hard to interpetate them? Don't think so.

He most likely meaned old and new fans! Like some others already pointed out. It makes me sad that every single discussion derails, u-turns into a reunion debate. I realy hope that in 7 or 8 days this belongs to the past.

I came to love and embrace the new guns! Some of you need to give them a chance. You might like them. *sigh*

Sad

good post, i agree 100% but i can also understand the excitement every time axl speaks, it's not like he's your regular artist, he likes to keep his distance and i respect that.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 06:31:30 AM »

or dude it could mean fans of him in the old days and ffans of him now his new friends. Slash wont be there diff wont be there.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 06:52:53 AM »

I'd say it's quite possible some of the old guns join for a couple of songs at some gig. If I was them I would.

It's like having sex with some ex-gf,you'll do it,  if she was/looks good enough.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

I'd say it's quite possible some of the old guns join for a couple of songs at some gig. If I was them I would.

It's like having sex with some ex-gf,you'll do it,  if she was/looks good enough.

Hahaha.....depending on who you are, people won't go nuts posting in forums about whether or not you'll have sex with your ex-g/f though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 07:58:01 AM »

I don't buy into the reunion speculation....though the Izzy thing is interesting.

Here's what I think he meant:

Axl is well aware of what management did to try to get tickets out to the forum users and the hardcore GnR fans.  He knows that the odds are this is going to be a crowd mostly made up of HUGE fans.  He was paying us a courtesty by calling us friends, rather than just fans, because of how we've stuck with the band for so long.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 08:07:21 AM »

I don't buy into the reunion speculation....though the Izzy thing is interesting.

Axl is well aware of what management did to try to get tickets out to the forum users and the hardcore GnR fans.  He knows that the odds are this is going to be a crowd mostly made up of HUGE fans.  He was paying us a courtesty by calling us friends, rather than just fans, because of how we've stuck with the band for so long.

I took it the same way too. I was kinda honored by the wording. I'm sure he'll make some sort of comment at the shows thanking everyone for standing/believing in him.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 10:48:51 AM »

Yeah, I really think he meant the fans. The new fans and the old ones. And IF Slash was to rejoin Gn'R, Axl wouldn't give such obvious clues.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »

Yeah, I really think he meant the fans. The new fans and the old ones. And IF Slash was to rejoin Gn'R, Axl wouldn't give such obvious clues.

Yeah that's true too. I don't think that Matt would be posting in his forum and Axl would be out to dinner in public w/ Izzy if any sort of reunion was coming.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 11:10:16 AM »

Its a beautiful dream but it will hardly ever happen...
Z
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 11:26:56 AM »

Thank god for those of us who inderstand the english language and carry the ability to use common sense.

Belly-laugh comical tht one would take Axl's words as meaning reunion.

Well, Axl, rest assured that many of us felt from those words that you were speaking of US, the fans.

The New York shows are not only for the fine tuning of GNR live skills but also for "us"........old friends (80's/early 90's) and the new friends (21st Century).  Straight from Axl's mouth.

Thank you Axl.  Most of us support the new lineup and aren't waisting any words on the old lineup. 
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 11:48:41 AM »

well.... you say that people are overanalyzing his comments... he said friends, NOT fans. did it occur to you, that axl probably made some friends while living in NYC for a couple of months??? and he probably has some old friends as well peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »

he definately meant us the fans as his friends.....just like he mentioned us back in the Bucketehad press release when saying "our support group".....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
badapple81
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 11:58:08 AM »

Axl is well aware of what management did to try to get tickets out to the forum users and the hardcore GnR fans.? He knows that the odds are this is going to be a crowd mostly made up of HUGE fans.? He was paying us a courtesty by calling us friends, rather than just fans, because of how we've stuck with the band for so long.

That's exactly the way I took it. A reunion of the FANS after all these years of waiting? ok
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2006, 12:40:26 PM »

dude axl is not going to start  a reunion with sloth and doof. Izzy is the only one who would do a few shows hes the only one axl would ask.

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2006, 12:43:54 PM »

sloth and doof.

well now thats mature  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: