Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:16:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl says, "...Friends - old and new"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl says, "...Friends - old and new"  (Read 14231 times)
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: May 04, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »

I was curious and maybe even excited about the rumor of Slash rejoining Guns (at least for a couple of shows even).

But now I'm downright convinced and psyched that this is actually happening!? Could it really be a coincidence that Axl would make a press-release statement in which he explicitly uses the words "friends", "old", and "new"?? He's not in a bubble.? He knows what the latest rumors are about the band.? ? If he wasn't aware of the legions of fans lurking on the web how would he have known they could sell so many tickets?? But this is so in-your-face obvious that he could just be fanning the fire.

The title is also "They're back!!!".  That's also a bit obnoxious.

Press release:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 4, 2006--They're back!!!
Guns N' Roses' 4 warm up shows at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom have sold out in less than 3 minutes.

The 4 shows on the 12, 14, 15 and 17 of May are warm ups for the European leg of the band's forthcoming tour which starts on the 25th of May in Madrid at Juan Carlos Arena.

Axl Rose commented, "New York has always been so great to Guns and myself. The response to our last show at Madison Square Garden was nothing short of amazing. I've spent the last couple of months here in New York. I've had a great time, met a lot of great people and the band and I are excited that we get to play New York City and play for the friends - both old and new - that we've made before we head to Europe."

The band are playing a mixture of headline Festival appearances including Rock In Rio in Portugal, Download at the UK's famed Castle Donington, Rock Am Ring in Germany, Gods Of Metal in Italy, Novarock in Austria, Graspop in Belgium, Roskilde in Denmark, and A Heavy Day In The Park in Holland as well as their own headlining indoor shows in Madrid, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Paris, Zurich, Stockholm, Oslo, and Helsinki, most of which have been instant sellouts.

Following their strongest ticket sales for the event ever Download promoter Stuart Galbraith of Live Nation enthused, "The comeback of GN'R into the UK live market place has been quite phenomenal. GN'R along with Metallica and Tool will be headlining the biggest Download festival ever at Donington that for the first time in its history will sell out and in addition will also play to a sell out audience at Download Dublin - it's been a very long wait but it's certainly been worth it - GN'R are back!"

Guns N' Roses have sold over 65,000 tickets in Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki in just a couple of hours. Promoter Thomas Johannson of Live Nation commented, "Guns N' Roses, the cornerstones of Rock, will forever and ever do sell outs."

New York promoter Randi Henner at Live Nation commented, "GN'R is as hot a ticket in NYC as anything I have seen in recent memory. It blew out in 3 minutes."

As part of the European tour, Guns N' Roses will also be reunited with the Rolling Stones for two special shows in Germany. Guns N' Roses will be the Stones' special guests on the 10th of July in Nurnburg and the 12th of July in Leipzig. They last played together in 1989 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Additional dates will be announced in due course.

Source(s): http://www.businesswire.com/ 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 09:45:49 PM by irgspice » Logged
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 09:45:18 PM »

I don't think Slash will be there.  I would guess Izzy before Slash - but my gut tells me neother will be there smoking

Wake up. . . .time to die
EccoTides
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 09:48:08 PM »

Um... He says play FOR the friends, not with. As in old and new fans.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 09:48:56 PM »

I've spent the last couple of months here in New York. I've had a great time, met a lot of great people and the band and I are excited that we get to play New York City and play for the friends - both old and new - that we've made before we head to Europe."

play for friends old and new. not join friends old and new.
read it.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 09:50:53 PM »

It's a nice thought.  However, the way I read this...Axl is referring to friends "old and new" to the fans, not band members.  He is saying he will be playing for new and old gunners.
Plus, even if he was referring to band members...new could be the guitarist and old could be dizzy.  no need to speculate on slash and Izzy after reading this news
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 09:57:44 PM »

I realize he used "for" not "with".  However, I think this is just awkward use of the language.  You have to admit that he's used some odd wording in other press releases and in interviews.  He could be overly polite and suggestive in this statement to intimate that they are doing it not only for the fans but also for themselves.
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

would Buckethead be considered a new or old friend? Huh

i'd expect him before any of the original members to return

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 09:59:15 PM »

It's a nice thought.? However, the way I read this...Axl is referring to friends "old and new" to the fans, not band members.? He is saying he will be playing for new and old gunners.
Plus, even if he was referring to band members...new could be the guitarist and old could be dizzy.? no need to speculate on slash and Izzy after reading this news

It's definitely one of those situations where we think for the best, but deep down inside know that it's just some new guy and Dizzy.   no
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 10:01:50 PM »

Can we just stop speculating about a reunion. Its really getting annoying. How many times to people have to deny it for people to get it through their head. The only old member I can even imagine coming back right now is Izzy and thats because he and Axl have become friends again. Other than that, I think its all bullshit.

But here's my predicition, I say Izzy makes a guest appearance for one or two songs at the New York shows. Just a guess, not saying its gonna happen, but thats the only thing I think is actually possible.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »

I would say that even if he said for not with, there's a little intrigue in all this, wouldn't it be great to at least slash, duff, matt watch the show? also the appereance of steven would be cool I know Im dreaming but hey think about it might be an invitation Wink

No man can be my equal
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 10:04:57 PM »

Can we just stop speculating about a reunion. Its really getting annoying. How many times to people have to deny it for people to get it through their head. The only old member I can even imagine coming back right now is Izzy and thats because he and Axl have become friends again. Other than that, I think its all bullshit.

But here's my predicition, I say Izzy makes a guest appearance for one or two songs at the New York shows. Just a guess, not saying its gonna happen, but thats the only thing I think is actually possible.

Axl and Izzy are friends again? ?They had one dinner with a management chaperone and now they're friends again? ?What about Slash visiting Axl's house in the middle of the night? ?I'd say that's more of an intimate friend thing than business. ?What about Axl randomly running into Matt Sorum at a club in NYC and then giving him a ride back to his hotel? ?Are they friends again?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 10:07:26 PM »

Axl and Izzy are friends again?  They had one dinner with a management chaperone and now they're friends again?  What about Slash visiting Axl's house in the middle of the night?  I'd say that's more of an intimate friend thing than business.  What about Axl randomly running into Matt Sorum at a club in NYC and then giving him a ride back to his hotel?  Are they friends again?

Actually, Axl and Izzy have been talking at least since January, so its pretty safe to say they are friends again. Plus it wasnt just for any old reason, it was for Izzy's birthday. Its not just like running in to Matt Sorum at a club. They actually have some sort of relationship.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:11:51 PM by ChineseIRS » Logged
Sterlingdog
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 10:10:56 PM »

Maybe he was referring to the message board members because he is a regular poster here.   Wink
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 11:04:14 PM »

Maybe he was referring to the message board members because he is a regular poster here.? ?Wink

I don't think he's a regular poster.. haha.. but I bet he meant with the new and old fans.  It would seem most logical without speculating for hours upon hours.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 11:32:15 PM »

Maybe he was referring to the message board members because he is a regular poster here.? ?Wink

I don't think he's a regular poster.. haha.. but I bet he meant with the new and old fans.? It would seem most logical without speculating for hours upon hours.

since when has logic prevented hours and hours of speculation?  Tongue
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 11:35:06 PM »

I don't think he's a regular poster.. haha.. but I bet he meant with the new and old fans.? It would seem most logical without speculating for hours upon hours.

since when has logic prevented hours and hours of speculation?? Tongue

Haha..point taken.  I was more or less referring to the rumor of a reunion.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 12:02:13 AM »

I'd like to see Slash,Izzy and Axl back again. But thats not gonna happen and it would literally blow the house out. I do think we should just accept the past for what it is and move ahead. This is the New Band's time.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »

"They last played together in 1989 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum." ?This is what intrigues me the most Roll Eyes.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »

"They last played together in 1989 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum."  This is what intrigues me the most Roll Eyes.

i think this is refering to the stones and gnr playing together again...  i know its not going to happen... BUT..... i'm hoping for some sort of reunion on may 12th.. izzy kinda makes sense.. they need another guitgarist.. and he plays the guitar..  so i don't see any reason.. why he wouldn't be the 3rd guitarist. 
Crowebar
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 12:54:08 AM »

It'll be cool if Izzy is back with Axl

I think that would make the most sense

Izzy wrote most of their best tunes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: