Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Baseball player - IRS - old but new(s) to me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baseball player - IRS - old but new(s) to me  (Read 1786 times)
shaun
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:57:13 AM »

I know the story about the radio station playing IRS, but i never knew that the track came from a baseball player. This baseball player, i wonder how many more tracks he has from CD. Is he the leaker?  hihi

GUNS N' ROSES BASEBALL SHOCKER!
The song is thought to be from the group's long-delayed 'Chinese Democracy' album...

Confusion surrounds a new GUNS N' ROSES[/url]
track, supposedly played on the radio by accident... by an American Baseball player.

The track, thought to be the first offering from long-threatened new Guns n' Roses
album 'Chinese Democracy', was inadvertently played on New York Q104.3's 'Friday Night Rocks With Eddie Trunk'. New York MetsCatcher Mike Piazza, a guest on the show, persuaded Trunk to play a CD marked 'Guns'n'Roses, 'IRS'' last Friday (29 August).

Described by callers as 'combining rock and techno', the track is said to distinctly feature G N'R[/url] frontman Axl Rose and guitarist Buckethead.

The track's authenticity was cemented by calls from the band's management, who demanded that the track was retrieved. Station Program Director Bob Buchman told MTV, "We've gotten hundreds, dare I say thousands of emails since, urging us to play it again, but we can't because the management flipped when they heard it on air."

Only one track, 'Madagascar' - previewed at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards - had previously been heard from 'Chinese Democracy', although they have played the odd new song live.

While management did not take any legal action, Buchmann vouched for the credibility of a new Guns n' Roses track ending up in the custody of the sportsman. "Mike is a huge music fan. The truth is, Mike is so passionate about certain music that I would argue that he's in the top ten list of real music fans that a band might circulate unreleased stuff to. Piazza's a riot. He's as passionate as they come."

There is still no news of a release date for the long-awaited 'Chinese Democracy'.

http://www.nme.com/news/106064.htm
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 08:59:37 AM by D0badog » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »

Also news to me that Mike Piazza plays basketball, but I'm sure its possible the Knicks recently signed him...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 09:11:18 AM »

This news is so old it should be on display in a museum.

Mike Piazza showed up on Eddie Trunk's weekly radio show with a CD he claims he got in his fan mail.

It contained GnR material...IRS and some other stuff.

You can find a full account on Trunks website, as well as in a bunch of media articles at the time (early September of '03).

Trunk has claimed (though some doubt him for some reason) that some of the other leaked material, Better to be specific, was not on the CD he had in his possession.

I've tried to contact Piazza to verify that, but...no answer from him.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »

Also news to me that Mike Piazza plays basketball, but I'm sure its possible the Knicks recently signed him...

HAHAHA, classic..  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: