Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Eat Chinese
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eat Chinese  (Read 7449 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« on: May 03, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »

I have a suggestion for Cinco de Mayo activities.  Since the illegals want to try their BS and boycott and wave around Mexican flags we should all eat Chinese instead of Mexican that day.  Touche!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »

I have a better idea. Why don't we just kick all the illegal immigrants the fuck out of our country?
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

Yep, that sends a very strong message. I'm sure they'll stop protesting and marching if we all eat chinese food ?Roll Eyes
I agree that something needs to be done, we can't just say "everybody that broke our laws by coming here illegally is now a US citizen." That would send the wrong message, but regardless something needs to be done soon.

Raven
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 02:24:23 PM »

Another thing, if we do pass some sort of legislature what good will it do? We're still relying on the illegals to leave the country. If we knew where they all were we would've deported them a long time ago. Basically we're saying "Please leave, you can come back later we promise." But they're already here, what incentive do they have to leave? Other than staying without fear of being found out (not much fear right now as it is) and being considered a "legal US Citizen."

Raven
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »

I have a better idea. Why don't we just kick all the illegal immigrants the fuck out of our country?

you mean everyone but the native americans? hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 03:36:13 PM »

Look at the lesson we taught those French............

Can't we just rename the taco?

How 'bout "Freedom tortilla grande?"

Brilliant!

You get the first 5.5 million, and I'll get the other 5.5 million.............
Sterlingdog
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 04:33:40 PM »

What's the point if we don't do anything to stop them from coming in?  Its like bailing water out of a sinking boat, but never plugging up the hole. 

We need to figure out how to enforce our borders before we deal with the people already here. 
Steel_Angel
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:37:02 PM »

why dont we all just think before we post?  FUCK YEA! LETS!!!! ok
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 04:41:16 PM »

Just as you did?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 04:42:09 PM »

You guys act like I was serious. I wasn't.

This is one of those issues that is very difficult to come up with a solution. I don't really have an answer to it. We don't need ?illegal immigrants in our country but at the same time we would suffer without them working for our country and participating in our community.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 06:27:40 PM »

Set a deadline, December 31, 2007 for example, for all illegal immigrants to register. Make them pay some type of financial penalty for entering illegally. Anyone not registered by that date that gets caught gets deported (I favor the Carlos Mencia method, deport them to somewhere other than where they came) and anyone who is caught employing illegal immigrants gets slapped with a nice hefty fine or jail time.

I dont have a problem with people coming to this country, thats what about 99% of our ancestors did, the problem is that once here, they dont pay into the tax system, and I know for a fact that alot of the men are here working and sending most of their money back to their families in their homeland. That may not seem like much but consider the amount of illegals here and lets just say $100 per person gets sent out of the country every two weeks, and I'm guessing thats a low amount. Say on a low estimate their are a million immigrant workers here now. $100 x 1,000,000 = $100,000,000 being taken from American companies and being sent to other countries every two weeks. Thats 2,600,000,000 a year. Still wonder why our economy is fucked?
If they want to be in the USA, great welcome. Just follow the rules.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 06:46:23 PM »

anyone who is caught employing illegal immigrants gets slapped with a nice hefty fine or jail time.

This is the solution.

Although anything at this point is no good. I'm serious. Nothing is going to work.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »

I think you are correct, unfortunately. What amazes me here in the Miami area, is how the government caters to the immigrants and for that matter the Cubans who come and refuse to even attempt to adapt to the culture here. This is no joke, you can be hired for a job in Miami without being able to speak english. You can't, however, be hired for that same job if you do not speak spanish. There are huge sections of Miami that you shouldnt even attempt to enter if you can not speak spanish. The local government won't dare do anything about it either.

Yet in NYC, one of the largest, groupings of different cultures in the world. This does not happen. Yes, there are the different communities like Little Italy, Chinatown, Greenwich Village. Unlike Miami though you can go into practically any of these areas and ask the simplest question and get an answer in a language that you understand. I dont know, like SLC said, its not going to change.

BTW, extra points for those who got the Greenwich Village joke ok

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 07:07:58 PM »

Say on a low estimate their are a million immigrant workers here now. $100 x 1,000,000 = $100,000,000 being taken from American companies and being sent to other countries every two weeks. Thats 2,600,000,000 a year. Still wonder why our economy is fucked?
If they want to be in the USA, great welcome. Just follow the rules.

wow you have just taken that down to the most simplistic level

how many people buy products from abroad? money goes out of the country doesnt it...why not stop that too

since immigrants are working for less than the average persons wage then they are giving services/making goods for less money meaning you pay less for said products...in fact because the labour is cheap and they work long hours, isnt the economy making a net gain?

and arent said immigrants using their money to pay for food, living expenses etc in your country?

btw USA GDP is 13 Trillion dollars, those figures you gave hardly put a dent in that figure (assuming your figures are accurate)

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 07:19:01 PM »

Well, I used the terms "Lets say" and "I'm guessing" so I wouldnt claim that the numbers are accurate. I would guess that the numbers are actually higher. Again, just a guess.

I never claimed that this would fix all the problems, I was just stating one of the problems. Yes, alot of product is purchased overseas, but at least its money that was earned and taxes were paid on that income. As far as paying less for products, some yes, some no. Weren't there shoe companies using slave labor practices, but still selling there product at over $100 a pair?

And yes they do purchase product here, of course. My point was from people I have talked to on job sites in Miami they send more of their money out of the country, than what is kept here, and since they technically aren't supposed to be here, they are paid under the table, so no taxes are collected on the money either.

Didnt claim to have the solutions, I was just pointing out a little pet peeve of mine. peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 07:51:03 PM »

I'm going to repeat something I asked in the last thread:

When Corporations can cross borders & outsource jobs with immunity, then why can't  people be able to do the same?

After all..........."Its a GLOBAL Economy" right? Are our leaders not telling us this?
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »

When Corporations can cross borders & outsource jobs with immunity, then why can't? people be able to do the same?

After all..........."Its a GLOBAL Economy" right? Are our leaders not telling us this?

I say the US should just buy Mexico. How much would that cost? $10 million (IN US CURRENCY)?

Raven
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 08:07:01 PM »

When Corporations can cross borders & outsource jobs with immunity, then why can't  people be able to do the same?

I say the US should just buy Mexico. How much would that cost? $10 million (IN US CURRENCY)?

Raven

LOL....buy Mexico.........and er....what then?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 10:02:40 PM »

We'll buy Mexico and then not patrol their southern border.  Soon enough El Salvadorians, Costa Ricans, etc will be flooding into Mexico and undercutting Mexican workers!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »

The whole point of it is that Illegals are demanding the rights of citizens ( which they get a lot of) but they are not citizens. Di I fault them for coming here? No, I would too if my country sucked and couldnt find a decent job. But  to not pay into the system and get health care, housing and education paid for by people who pay taxes. That is bullshit!!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: