Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)  (Read 50466 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »

if Axl wants someone to play Buckets parts, get Warren DeMartini. the dude is a wild guitarplayer, and I can imagine he would scrap anything else he's doing for the opportunity to play with Axl.
besides, he looks cool these days, lol.
Nuno is also an excellent choice btw.
he might also check if Jerry Cantrell is free, great guitarplayer and an awesome backupsinger!
but Im guessing he's busy with AIC + new singer thing.

i think I would vomit if Warren DeMartini was the new lead.

I got you one even better...C.C. Deville.

hihi

GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2006, 08:08:29 PM »

What i find very interesting is that among fans there are 2 significant demands for a reunion..

The One is obvious the Axl-Slash Reunion in GNR

But Now

The Other one is The Axl-Buckethead Reunion in GNR

This one has been emerging a lot after the Demos leakage and by the
looks of it it will be very strong when the album will be released (Assuming the Bucket Solos are there) and become a big success....Especially for the younger Fans Buckethead could be the guitar god we all found in Slash when we started listening to GNR...

Now this is quite unique and i cannot recall something like that to have happened in the past with other big Bands....Time will tell...
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2006, 08:10:56 PM »

I'm just waiting for someone during these summer concerts to show up with a t-shirt that says, "Buckethead=GN'R" and as a result gets kicked out of the show by Axl.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »

heh I was thinkin' that too. ?At first I was like, "Boo hoo hoo - I want Slash". ?Now it's, "Boo hoo hoo - I want Buckethead." ?Weird.

WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »

I'm just waiting for someone during these summer concerts to show up with a t-shirt that says, "Buckethead=GN'R" and as a result gets kicked out of the show by Axl.

Yeah.  "He's in my ass.  That's where Buckethead is, #@!*head."

Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2006, 08:15:06 PM »

I'd rather have Buckethead then that douche Slash.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2006, 08:15:23 PM »

Well look at the 2002 shows.....more and more people started showing up to the concerts wearing Buckets and such.........he was really loved all around. ?He already had a nice following of his own plus the Primus crowd so of course a lot of those people showed up too. ?And when they heard him play on the songs especially Nightrain everyone knew that his flavor fit in nicely. ?Sure people won't like him, sure people still want Slash, hell I wouldn't even doubt that there are people out there who claim Tracii Guns is the true GNR guitarist and should have stayed. ?There's always someone who has to disagree with you even if they know the goddamn songs kick ass.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »

GREAT observation.  Very wierd indeed.  Maybe its the young gunners who don't remember Slash with GNR too much?  Plus BH is a pretty sick guitarist.  There aren't many guys who can play today.....can you even name guitarists in modern rock bands these days?  They are a dime a dozen.

Back in the 80s, I could name every lead singer and lead guitarist for the big to average bands out there.  It was like comparing football fans comparing quarterbacks, which band had the best guitarist, wouldn't it be cool if so and so was in that band....stuff like that. 

You don't hear people saying, "man, that guitarist from Nickelback would sound AWESOME in puddle of mudd!!! hahah.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2006, 08:30:50 PM »

When someone on a GN'R board refers to Slash as a douche, it strikes me as absolutely astonishing.? Like someone saying Page should've stayed with Coverdale.? Or maybe that Mick should've ditched Keith because he's a druggie.? There are about a half-dozen or so combinations in Rock history that will never be anything other than archetypal.? Lennon/McCartney.? Page/Plant.? Jagger/Richards.? Tyler/Perry.? Mercury/May.? Axl/Slash.? I'm fine with these people going on and doing things on their own.? That's life.? But to even pretend that they are better with anyone else just doesn't make sense to me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 05:19:27 AM by Mike McKagan » Logged

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2006, 09:17:30 PM »

thanks mike

Slash is probably one of the most, if not most respected rock guitarists among his peers

too call him a douche is ignorant

WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2006, 09:18:28 PM »

Buckethhead aint shit compared to slash he aint even shit compared to Finck

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2006, 09:19:37 PM »

When someone on a GN'R board refers to Slash as a douche, it strikes me as absolutely astonishing.? Like someone saying Page should've stayed with Coverdale.? Or maybe that Mick should've ditched Keith because he's a druggie.? There are about a half-dozen or so combinations in Rock history that will never be anything other that archetypal.? Lennon/McCartney.? Page/Plant.? Jagger/Richards.? Tyler/Perry.? Mercury/May.? Axl/Slash.? I'm fine with these people going on and doing things on their own.? That's life.? But to even pretend that they are better with anyone else just doesn't make sense to me.

It has nothing to do with Slashs playing,its his personality that annoys me.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2006, 09:23:34 PM »

what, that he's respectful of people, fans, bandmates

ever read some of the stories about Axl and his personalities?

His shrinks, Yoda, spiritual advisors, etc
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »

When someone on a GN'R board refers to Slash as a douche, it strikes me as absolutely astonishing.? Like someone saying Page should've stayed with Coverdale.? Or maybe that Mick should've ditched Keith because he's a druggie.? There are about a half-dozen or so combinations in Rock history that will never be anything other that archetypal.? Lennon/McCartney.? Page/Plant.? Jagger/Richards.? Tyler/Perry.? Mercury/May.? Axl/Slash.? I'm fine with these people going on and doing things on their own.? That's life.? But to even pretend that they are better with anyone else just doesn't make sense to me.

Great post!  I also want to add, that this is music, not sports.  Bucket, Slash, Stradlin, Clarke, Finck, and Fortus are all very talented, and let's just enjoy how this plays out.  It is a luxury to have all of these great players, in or, associated with GNR.  It's not a win or lose situation, it's about making great music--which all of these guy's do in their own way! 

I do agree, because of the past greatness, Slash and Axl are considered by many a dynamic duo.  Both, though, can succeed without each other, but might find the greatest commercial success when they are together. 

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2006, 09:37:04 PM »

I'd rather see bucket back in guns then slash.  peace

Hell , i'd trade finck, fortus,pittman & dizzy for bucket.  love

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2006, 09:37:37 PM »

When someone on a GN'R board refers to Slash as a douche, it strikes me as absolutely astonishing.  Like someone saying Page should've stayed with Coverdale.  Or maybe that Mick should've ditched Keith because he's a druggie.  There are about a half-dozen or so combinations in Rock history that will never be anything other that archetypal.  Lennon/McCartney.  Page/Plant.  Jagger/Richards.  Tyler/Perry.  Mercury/May.  Axl/Slash.  I'm fine with these people going on and doing things on their own.  That's life.  But to even pretend that they are better with anyone else just doesn't make sense to me.

Great post!  I also want to add, that this is music, not sports.

SHIT, are you serious?  The whole time I thought you were comparing Bucket Head to Kordell Stewart!!!!   hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2006, 09:46:04 PM »

I'd rather see bucket back in guns then slash.? peace

Hell , i'd trade finck, fortus,pittman & dizzy for bucket.? love

so would I b/c that would mean the end of VR if Slash went back to GnR.....and there would be another 10 year wait for music
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2006, 09:50:10 PM »

And if Axl feels like having those things then what is the problem?

Slash a flake,one minute he criticises Axl and the next he praises him. He needs to get off the rag and stop being so wishy washy.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »

And if Axl feels like having those things then what is the problem?

Slash a flake,one minute he criticises Axl and the next he praises him. He needs to get off the rag and stop being so wishy washy.

The press can make anyone look like a flake.  They do, and will, make Axl look one all the time.  Moreover, most musicians are a little bi-polar.
smith13
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2006, 11:26:32 PM »

awesome
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: