Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ad campaign for band "TBA" in Philly
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ad campaign for band "TBA" in Philly  (Read 3076 times)
pasnow
VIP

« on: May 02, 2006, 06:30:17 PM »

I work in advertising in Philly and a client of ours handles alot of tours which come thru (Ozzfest, Foo Fighters etc). We've put together a campaign and as of yet the act is only titled "TBA" for the nearby Tweeter Center. This has never happened before but who knows, it could be anyone from NIN to Jessica Simpson and they just haven't officially finished 'signing on'. I think I heard Radiohead is playing a very small venue, so maybe they are working on playing the Tweeter also (bigger venue).

Anyway, I'm not trying desperately to start up any further rumors, if you'd like I'll let you know who it turns out to be. The campaign begins next week, so I should have copy by Monday. (It'll probably be nothing like Foghat or Third Eye Blind).

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify I work in Media (ie TV, Newspaper, Radio, sorry to be vague but I don't want to say Exactly where), the company who handles tours thru the venue does advertising with us. Normally "Pre Sale" events (ie. "Tickets on sale Saturday").? As for not having the product, we normally only receive copy a day or two in advance, so not having that yet isn't out of the ordinary. ( Example: A week or two in advance a contract comes thru for NIN for $1000 ad campaign saying "Tickets go on sale 5/15", 2 days before it starts we get the ad, we place it, it runs)

I'm sure everything is booked or close to it, I'm sure some people at Tweeter know who it will be, so they need to buy the advertising space in advance, thru where I work. The girl I deal with doesn't seem to know, I asked about the "TBA" act, she just said they are not saying who it is yet. AGAIN, I didn't read much into it by the way she said it, I really don't think she even knows.. She's on the lower level of the chain, like me!!? Just throwing this out there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:08:35 AM by pasnow » Logged
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 06:33:16 PM »

How do you organize an advertizing campaign for a product when you don't know what the product is?  Sorry, I'm just trying to understand what you do, and it seems to me that the most important thing in advertising is targetting the right audience so I'm kinda confused as to how an advertising campaign can be organized without any product information or logos, etc.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »

I'm confused.  What does this have to do with GnR?
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 09:17:59 PM »

Radiohead's playing only small venues this summer I think.  Red Hot Chili Peppers just announced a tour though, so maybe that's it. 
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:24:05 PM »

I'm confused.? What does this have to do with GnR?

nothing really.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 09:27:18 PM »

if you'd like I'll let you know who it turns out to be. The campaign begins next week, so I should have copy by Monday.

If it's GNR you'd be the first to tell us, right?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 10:28:38 PM »

if you'd like I'll let you know who it turns out to be. The campaign begins next week, so I should have copy by Monday.

Yeah, I'll let you know whoever it is.. Chili Peppers starts next week as well. Pearl Jam went on sale about a month ago. Like I said, every other campaign states who the act is from the get-go.. Just seemed odd this one is not revealing it yet.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 08:32:55 AM »

How about giving us a date.

It would help the "detectives" out in trying to answer the question...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 07:27:34 PM »

Just wanted to answer for those who may have read & wondered about this. It turned out we should have recv'd an email a while ago saying this campaign is for the Chili Peppers.. We never got it, so whenever our sales rep contacted the venue, she would say "We have a Chili Peppers, and TBA, another etc..." They kept thinking she meant just 1 I suppose.

So long story short, amidst alot of confusion (Who's on third) it turned out to be nothing. Although Chili Pep tix do go on sale Sat at 10am in Philly.

Didn't mean to post on this & refresh it to new, just wanted to update anyone who read & was wondering. Bring closure to it.
beans4life
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 09:43:02 PM »

It's probably Country Church. This up and coming Grunt-splatter-gore-SIDS-AIDS- thrash metal band. It is required to take a weapon into the moshpit. I've seen chainsaws and peoples heads thrown around in there. Next big thing in metal.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 10:32:29 PM »

lol, so naive  Wink

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 11:06:23 PM »

I say its Roger Waters

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06