Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  5-12-06 - GN'R Behind the Music on VH1 (In case you missed it)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5-12-06 - GN'R Behind the Music on VH1 (In case you missed it)  (Read 5618 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 08:58:41 AM »

gnr behind the music sucks dick. all it is is a anti-axl add to promote velvet revolver.

I didn't see it like that at all. It's a fairly non-biased view of the story of GN'R.

Honestly, how do you figure?

I mean...how can you have an unbiased view of the story of GnR without 1/2 the story?

Now, I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say BTM sucked dick.? It was certainly informative and interesting.? And it was interesting to some of the other perspectives, for sure.

But I left feeling like 1/2 the pieces to the puzzle were missing....'cause without Axl's version of events, without that whole side of the story, we're missing a great deal of information.

Certainly was only 1/2 a story without Axl, however if BTM tried to get Axl on the show and he refused then there's not a lot BTM could do but make a show with what they had, which was unfortunately 2 ex bitter drummers and Slash so the overall portrayal of Axl in that programme wasn't that flattering and perhaps not even fair, but we may never know that.

I didn't think it was such a bad programme tbh offered a couple of interesting insights and all the basic info on GNR but nothing really new, however without Axl there wasn't ever really going to be.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 09:31:43 AM »

Certainly was only 1/2 a story without Axl, however if BTM tried to get Axl on the show and he refused then there's not a lot BTM could do but make a show with what they had, which was unfortunately 2 ex bitter drummers and Slash so the overall portrayal of Axl in that programme wasn't that flattering and perhaps not even fair, but we may never know that.

I didn't think it was such a bad programme tbh offered a couple of interesting insights and all the basic info on GNR but nothing really new, however without Axl there wasn't ever really going to be.

Oh, I, for sure, agree with all that. It's not BTM's fault that Axl didn't participate.  And I don't fault them for doing what they did with what they had.  I'm just saying that, to say it was unbiased, or remotely a complete picture...well, I don't get that.

I didn't think it was bad, either.  Just incomplete.  As I said, there was some interesting stuff in there, to be sure. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 10:20:15 AM »

gnr behind the music sucks dick. all it is is a anti-axl add to promote velvet revolver.

I didn't see it like that at all. It's a fairly non-biased view of the story of GN'R.

Honestly, how do you figure?

I mean...how can you have an unbiased view of the story of GnR without 1/2 the story?

Now, I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say BTM sucked dick.  It was certainly informative and interesting.  And it was interesting to some of the other perspectives, for sure.

But I left feeling like 1/2 the pieces to the puzzle were missing....'cause without Axl's version of events, without that whole side of the story, we're missing a great deal of information.

Im pretty sure Axl said he would do it once the record came out. Which really would have been a much better time to do a BTM on the band.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 10:32:55 AM »

Im pretty sure Axl said he would do it once the record came out. Which really would have been a much better time to do a BTM on the band.

Correct, he did say that.

But better for who?  Axl?  Sure.  VR? No.  VH1? Who's to say.

VH1, I'm sure, thought it would be better to do the show then.  Better for them, at least.

As of now...what..well over a year later....still no album.  So VH1 would still be waiting.....and the BTM franchise has dwindled, a bit, since then.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 10:38:43 AM »

They launched the BTM to coincide with all of the pub that VR was getting at the time (not to mention the VR special that played on VH1).

Not to keep going back to the "name doesn't make the band" discussion........ but more members of the "band" that they did the BTM on were active at that time with VR. So it made more sense for VH1 to release it based on the success of VR. A network like that can't just sit on a project and wait for things to happen at Axl's glaicier like speed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 11:05:30 AM by C0ma » Logged
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 11:34:32 AM »

Yep.  Totally agree.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: