Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gnr should take notice of the red hot chilli peppers
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: gnr should take notice of the red hot chilli peppers  (Read 6592 times)
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 11:18:39 AM »

rhcp kicks ass! Would be cool if GNR toured with them on a doubble bill ok

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 11:25:27 AM »

The reason Guns N' Roses doesn't do things like that is because they don't have to. You're totally correct that it' be a GREAT way to inform the fans as to whats going on. The major difference is that if the Chili Peppers put out an album w/o doing any press almost nobody would notice. If Chinese Democracy released tomorrow it would be on stations like CNN just because it finally happened.

Some of you people live in a fucking fantasy world.? Roll Eyes

Yeah, CNN is a bit of a stretch. It will make alot of news, but ONLY because it's been 10+ years in the making!!

If Chili Peppers or Pearl Jam hadn't released an album since BSSM or Ten respectively yet released an album this year I'm sure it make big news.. Of course, it probably wouldn't be major news on CNN, but news nonetheless.

I didn't say that it would make CNN because it was a GNR record, and you pretty much made my point for me. This is the first record for GNR in over ten years so they don't have to do the type of promotion RHCO would.

OK, I was only trying to clarify ok
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 11:26:38 AM »

I'm going to see both RHCP and GNR this summer. Can't wait!  ok
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 12:30:04 PM »

If the red hot chili peppers jumped off a bridge, should gnr do it too?

Oh I see, ALL other bands tour & make music, so to be different, gnr dont!

What ever!!!!!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 02:16:05 PM »

Ive heard about 5-6 songs off of Stadium Arcadium and im fairly unimpressed. I can't stand the guitar solos (whats up with the horrible effect they use on "Torture Me" and "Dani California"? sounds like a cat on a chalkboard) and the rest is just standard RHCP. boring

gnrevolution.com
shaun
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 02:28:20 PM »

First of all, this is not a red hott chillle pepper topic, I dont care if you like them or not! But Tonight they were on my local rock station (actually, they were in a small studio in new york and the show was sindicated), anyway, they had a group of fans there, and they were premiering the new songs off the album which comes out next tuesday. They would play a song (not live), then the dj would ask about the song, what  it meant, etc, etc. I think that would really help axl's album. Remember, although we all anticipate this album, there are way more fans of gnr, who have no idea about the leaks, or the upcoming shows. Just thought it was a good idea, when there is an actual release date.  Your thoughts?

a new album, thats news to me. Good!  beer

I only started liking the Chillie's when By the Way came out, then i picked Californication, Blood, Suger, Sex and Mothers Milk, all good!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 02:39:06 PM by D0badog » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »

If you feel like discussing RHCP, or any other band that's not GN'R, visit the Bad Obsession section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »

I didn't say that it would make CNN because it was a GNR record, and you pretty much made my point for me. This is the first record for GNR in over ten years so they don't have to do the type of promotion RHCO would.

I think they would have to do more. What do you think Axl is out there doing now, being photographed at all those parties? That certainly insn't a coincidence. And I know this sounds crazy, but outside of the hardcore GnR fans that hang out on these boards, the casual music fan doesn't really give a shit about the new GnR record. For the most part, outside of these hallowed forums most people seem to view Axl and the current GnR as a bit of a joke. Axl has to work extra hard to convince these people that he means business. The Chili Peppers have been consisently putting out chart topping albums the entire time Axl and Co. have been away and outside of the usual amount of press a band with a new record has to do they probably aren't going to have to work very hard to be on top of that charts again this time around.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 03:28:15 PM »

I think they would have to do more. What do you think Axl is out there doing now, being photographed at all those parties? That certainly insn't a coincidence. And I know this sounds crazy, but outside of the hardcore GnR fans that hang out on these boards, the casual music fan doesn't really give a shit about the new GnR record. For the most part, outside of these hallowed forums most people seem to view Axl and the current GnR as a bit of a joke. Axl has to work extra hard to convince these people that he means business. The Chili Peppers have been consisently putting out chart topping albums the entire time Axl and Co. have been away and outside of the usual amount of press a band with a new record has to do they probably aren't going to have to work very hard to be on top of that charts again this time around.

All those pictures being taken actually prove my point. Axl doesn't need to do anything except just show up in public and people are on it.

They really could release this album at midnight tonight and it would be a #1 album next week with no press whatsoever.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 03:43:20 PM »

Axl doesn't need to do anything except just show up in public and people are on it.

It helps to make sure you are places where the press is already in the house for something else (ie: Korns record release or the Sopranos premeir party).  Wink 'Oh look there's Axl Rose, it sure is interesting that he just showed up to this high profile event after being in near seclusion for the last 3 years....'  Roll Eyes Please...

He is hardly 'just showing up in public'. Don't be naive.

If it were Anthony Keidis they still would have taken pictures.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 03:45:57 PM by michaelvincent » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2006, 03:56:47 PM »

Axl doesn't need to do anything except just show up in public and people are on it.

It helps to make sure you are places where the press is already in the house for something else (ie: Korns record release or the Sopranos premeir party).? Wink 'Oh look there's Axl Rose, it sure is interesting that he just showed up to this high profile event after being in near seclusion for the last 3 years....'? Roll Eyes Please...

He is hardly 'just showing up in public'. Don't be naive.

If it were Anthony Keidis they still would have taken pictures.

So you're telling me that Anthony Keidis is never out in public then or at any events like this? And if not, does that make him in seclusion as well??

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 09:44:14 PM »

dude, the thing is, axl doesn't have to do shit to promote chinese democracy... it's already hit mythical status, and i don't think it's a streach to say that the casual rock fan has heard of chinese democracy...  the thing is, the lack of promotion IS the promotion... Pearl Jam did the same thing when they released vs.  There was absolutely no promotion for that album whatsoever and it sold 950,000 copies in the first week, breaking the record (later defeated by.... N'SYNC... i feel like slitting my wrists just thinking about that)...  If chinese democracy is released, i think the music will speak for itself (example = IRS being played in heavy rotation as a leak)...  the chilis are cool and all, and def one of the best rock bands in the last 20 years, but axl doesn't need to do radio interviews (although he has supposedly scheduled to give interviews to NYC stations and other press between the 4 shows at Hammerstein)... I would be bummed if he started "selling out," just to sell more copies... just to reiterate, the music will speak for itself, and who gives a fat fuck if the 15 year old deuchebag on my block thinks GN'R is cool...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »

just to reiterate, the music will speak for itself, and who gives a fat fuck if the 15 year old deuchebag on my block thinks GN'R is cool...

Nice. Good point.

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »

just to reiterate, the music will speak for itself, and who gives a fat fuck if the 15 year old deuchebag on my block thinks GN'R is cool...

I'm willing to bet Axl's label cares. 15 year old douchebags are impressionable and buy cds.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2006, 10:54:02 AM »

So you're telling me that Anthony Keidis is never out in public then or at any events like this? And if not, does that make him in seclusion as well??

This little world we live in (Online GnR community) notices Axl appearances alot more than the average rock fan. I have freinds that are casual fans of the band, who if not for me, wouldn't know a thing about him showing up at these different little spots.

Unless you are a huge fan of NY's page six, Norms Las Vegas Confidential, or are constantly scanning Google News every hour on the hour for Axl Rose news... these story's weren't basic public knowledge.

I'm sure all of the members of "Here Today Under the Bridge" an unofficial Red Hot Chilli Peppers site, notice Anthony and Flea's every movement. I think they even have a tally of how many trips flea makes to Steak and Shake durring an average week.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 10:58:23 AM »

Nice. Good point.

Indeed. And Axl doesn't have anything to prove. At least, that's how I look at it. I'm just here waiting to enjoy my favorite band's new album. And hoping to see them perform at Nijmegen, that's all realy.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2006, 11:21:53 AM »

This little world we live in (Online GnR community) notices Axl appearances alot more than the average rock fan. I have freinds that are casual fans of the band, who if not for me, wouldn't know a thing about him showing up at these different little spots.

Unless you are a huge fan of NY's page six, Norms Las Vegas Confidential, or are constantly scanning Google News every hour on the hour for Axl Rose news... these story's weren't basic public knowledge.

I'm sure all of the members of "Here Today Under the Bridge" an unofficial Red Hot Chilli Peppers site, notice Anthony and Flea's every movement. I think they even have a tally of how many trips flea makes to Steak and Shake durring an average week.

I agree, but the point the poster was trying to make was that Axl went out of his way to show up at the Sopranos & Korn things because he wants to get noticed. My point is that I'm sure Axl does want he wants to do. I don't think he needs to go anywhere to get noticed. While these sightings may have only shown up in these boards and places like them, the fact is when the album comes out the news will be EVERYWHERE.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2006, 01:55:44 PM »

everyone should!

Hell yeah Hillel

record for one  year and have 38 brilliant songs.

I wish all bands were this prolific

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2006, 06:44:24 PM »

Go Mr. Bungle! - Fuck The Red Hot Junkie Peppers!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 06:47:38 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2006, 07:50:14 PM »

Im sure Axl will do radio interviews.

Thats gonna be some of the most fun outside hearing the CD that is all his interviews in the magazines.

Getting the scoop on what all has happened over the last decade.

Man imagine a Some Kind Of Monster Type movie involving GNR. drool drool drool drool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: