Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gnr should take notice of the red hot chilli peppers
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: gnr should take notice of the red hot chilli peppers  (Read 6555 times)
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: May 01, 2006, 10:10:57 PM »

First of all, this is not a red hott chillle pepper topic, I dont care if you like them or not! But Tonight they were on my local rock station (actually, they were in a small studio in new york and the show was sindicated), anyway, they had a group of fans there, and they were premiering the new songs off the album which comes out next tuesday. They would play a song (not live), then the dj would ask about the song, what  it meant, etc, etc. I think that would really help axl's album. Remember, although we all anticipate this album, there are way more fans of gnr, who have no idea about the leaks, or the upcoming shows. Just thought it was a good idea, when there is an actual release date.  Your thoughts?
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

Blood Sugar Sex Magik All the way.

Although their new video is fucking funny.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 10:21:05 PM »

First of all, this is not a red hott chillle pepper topic, I dont care if you like them or not! But Tonight they were on my local rock station (actually, they were in a small studio in new york and the show was sindicated), anyway, they had a group of fans there, and they were premiering the new songs off the album which comes out next tuesday. They would play a song (not live), then the dj would ask about the song, what  it meant, etc, etc. I think that would really help axl's album. Remember, although we all anticipate this album, there are way more fans of gnr, who have no idea about the leaks, or the upcoming shows. Just thought it was a good idea, when there is an actual release date.  Your thoughts?

The reason Guns N' Roses doesn't do things like that is because they don't have to. You're totally correct that it' be a GREAT way to inform the fans as to whats going on. The major difference is that if the Chili Peppers put out an album w/o doing any press almost nobody would notice. If Chinese Democracy released tomorrow it would be on stations like CNN just because it finally happened.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 10:23:16 PM »

i like it. ?hopefully axl does too. but then again maybe it should just be kept secretive and mysterious so that when we finally do open up CD and put it in our stereos, we find out for ourselves what we think of the songs and come up with our own ideas about them. ?then maybe he can tell us the story behind everything the past 10 years and the songs by releasing a making of dvd. ?im very curious as to what happened (as im sure many others are) and i think it would sell very well. ?who wouldnt want to get in axls head? ?plus there would be so much going on, and it would kick way more ass than metallicas movie. ?just a thought. ?prob wont happen. ?but yeah on topic i think it would be very cool of axl to preview his songs and explain them on a radio show. ?im betting that if he doesnt do that hes at least gonna do an extensive interview with rolling stone chronicling the past few years and explaining a few key tracks, if not all of them.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 10:24:27 PM »

i like it.  hopefully axl does too. but then again maybe it should just be kept secretive and mysterious so that when we finally do open up CD and put it in our stereos, we find out for ourselves what we think of the songs and come up with our own ideas about them.  then maybe he can tell us the story behind everything the past 10 years and the songs by releasing a making of dvd.  im very curious as to what happened (as im sure many others are) and i think it would sell very well.  who wouldnt want to get in axls head?  plus there would be so much going on, and it would kick way more ass than metallicas movie.  just a thought.  prob wont happen.  but yeah on topic i think it would be very cool of axl to preview his songs and explain them on a radio show.  im betting that if he doesnt do that hes at least gonna do an extensive interview with rolling stone chronicling the past few years and explaining a few key tracks, if not all of them.

I agree 100%. I think that when the time is right we'll get FLOODED with info from the man himself.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 12:10:04 AM »

First of all, this is not a red hott chillle pepper topic, I dont care if you like them or not! But Tonight they were on my local rock station (actually, they were in a small studio in new york and the show was sindicated), anyway, they had a group of fans there, and they were premiering the new songs off the album which comes out next tuesday. They would play a song (not live), then the dj would ask about the song, what? it meant, etc, etc. I think that would really help axl's album. Remember, although we all anticipate this album, there are way more fans of gnr, who have no idea about the leaks, or the upcoming shows. Just thought it was a good idea, when there is an actual release date.? Your thoughts?

The reason Guns N' Roses doesn't do things like that is because they don't have to. You're totally correct that it' be a GREAT way to inform the fans as to whats going on. The major difference is that if the Chili Peppers put out an album w/o doing any press almost nobody would notice. If Chinese Democracy released tomorrow it would be on stations like CNN just because it finally happened.

Uhhh dude, don't know if you've been living under a rock the past 13 years, but ever since BSSM....they've pretty much been one of the mainstream rock acts especially since 1999.   Their fan base is pretty huge so I don't think "nobody would notice".

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 12:50:07 AM »

the new cd, "stadium arcadium", is pretty good by the way.  i've given it a once-over and i like it.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 01:09:37 AM »

Stadium Arcadium ROCKS!  It is the best the chili's have ever done.
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 01:17:36 AM »

The major difference is that if the Chili Peppers put out an album w/o doing any press almost nobody would notice.

rofl

Kind of like how nobody noticed when GNR toured the US?
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 02:45:55 AM »

Stadium Arcadium ROCKS!? It is the best the chili's have ever done.

Yeap!!! The album is very good. I like it a lot.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 06:01:38 AM »

If the red hot chili peppers jumped off a bridge, should gnr do it too?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 06:25:23 AM »

you mean, Guns N'Roses would rip off Tom Petty's songs ?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 06:25:50 AM »

Yeah I'm wicked excited for the new Chili Peppers album. I had heard Dani California and liked it a lot, but after hearing more songs last night on the radio, I want to get the record. But its gonna have to wait until after May 14 when I see GN'R in New York, thats way more important.
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 08:08:33 AM »

yeah it takes a little while to swallow - as there are 28 songs on the cd.  but i think it's a very good and musically complex record for them.  some songs are a little remniscent of by the way or californication while others are defnitely more funk-driven like bssm.  however, they also incorporate a lot of really cool melodies in the songs as well.  i was a little worried that there would be too much filler included in the double-disc set - but that's really not the case.  a lot of gems on the album if you ask me.  also the production kicks ass.  rick rubin knows was he's doing.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 08:13:44 AM »

Some of you people live in a fucking fantasy world.  Roll Eyes
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 08:38:07 AM »

and RHCP will be on RiR too, but not it the same day... I would if the tickets weren?t so expensive, but I?ve went to a concert of them and they sure kick ass, i loved it! peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 09:41:10 AM »

Stadium Arcadium ROCKS!? It is the best the chili's have ever done.

Yeap!!! The album is very good. I like it a lot.

it's the best album i've heard in years. double album without filler.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 10:56:40 AM »

Some of you people live in a fucking fantasy world.? Roll Eyes

Yeah, CNN is a bit of a stretch. It will make alot of news, but ONLY because it's been 10+ years in the making!!

If Chili Peppers or Pearl Jam hadn't released an album since BSSM or Ten respectively yet released an album this year I'm sure it make big news.. Of course, it probably wouldn't be major news on CNN, but news nonetheless.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

everyone should!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 11:02:53 AM »

Some of you people live in a fucking fantasy world.? Roll Eyes

Yeah, CNN is a bit of a stretch. It will make alot of news, but ONLY because it's been 10+ years in the making!!

If Chili Peppers or Pearl Jam hadn't released an album since BSSM or Ten respectively yet released an album this year I'm sure it make big news.. Of course, it probably wouldn't be major news on CNN, but news nonetheless.

I didn't say that it would make CNN because it was a GNR record, and you pretty much made my point for me. This is the first record for GNR in over ten years so they don't have to do the type of promotion RHCO would.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: