Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Small Venues
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Small Venues  (Read 3076 times)
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: April 29, 2006, 11:56:23 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone knew when the last time was that GNR played a venue as small as Hammerstein.  What an intense run of shows this will be. What an oppertunity. I still wonder if this is some sort of dream....zzzzzz
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:09:37 AM »

Vegas obviously, before that i guess it would be the two warm up shows in NY before the UYI tour kicked off!

Jonx
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 01:47:58 AM »

There were 3 warm up shows for the UYI tour and they were San Francisco, LA and NYC.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 01:52:08 AM »

I was just wondering if anyone knew when the last time was that GNR played a venue as small as Hammerstein.? What an intense run of shows this will be. What an oppertunity. I still wonder if this is some sort of dream....zzzzzz

I've watched Extreme Championship Wrestling at the Hammerstein Ballroom , and its a small venue. But you are right..its gonna be intense ! That place has a charge about it. Those 4 shows will kick ass.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 06:23:49 AM »

My one hope for Hammerstein is that the fans on the floor don't squash each other. Last thing we need is for people to get smothered and have to leave the show (ala GNR Live album)...I think people are gonna go nuts at this show, I plan on screaming my head off, but I really hope people are a bit curtious to their fellow fans.

Furthermore, NO FRIGGIN MOSH PITS. Throw your arm around your neighbor, jump up and down, and welcome one another to the jungle, but for fucks sake, can we not have a pit those 4 nights? There is no reason to beat one another up...I love heavy metal, and I've been to plenty of shows, and I can't understand what people get out of walking away with a bloody face.

Anyway, there you have it...

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »

some people will probably mosh. you can't stop it, and you kinda have to expect it in a general admission area. best you can do is to try to stay away from it.

i'm betting on some fights breaking out- i hope i'm wrong. i just think that EVERYONE will want to be right up front, and eventually some punches will get thrown.

i rarely buy gen. adm. tickets anymore. i prefer to actually be able to watch the show, not having to watch for crowd surfers ( ever had someone come crashing down on the back of your neck? it ain't fun!), and not having to worry about that moshing shit.  I guess maybe i'm just getting old?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 12:01:44 PM »

I'd be shocked if anybody moshed. Las Vegas was a respectful and calm affair as far as that was concerned. You gotta remember the age of many of the people attending.
gun
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 12:04:34 PM »

Hammerstein is a nice venue and like SLC said, remember the ages of alot of the people that will be there.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 12:59:14 PM »

Ages yes, but don't forget where you are. This is New York...we NYers boo opening acts off of stage, fight for no reason, and mosh to Kelly Clarkson. We're a savage bunch

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »

some people will probably mosh. you can't stop it, and you kinda have to expect it in a general admission area. best you can do is to try to stay away from it.

i'm betting on some fights breaking out- i hope i'm wrong. i just think that EVERYONE will want to be right up front, and eventually some punches will get thrown.

i rarely buy gen. adm. tickets anymore. i prefer to actually be able to watch the show, not having to watch for crowd surfers ( ever had someone come crashing down on the back of your neck? it ain't fun!), and not having to worry about that moshing shit.? I guess maybe i'm just getting old?

You're not the only one! Nowadays, I'd much rather sit up in the bleachers & actually watch the show than be down in the mosh fighting for my life. It's almost like the older I get, the less I'm into large crowds in general. Be it baseball games, concerts, whatever. Crowds suck.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »

I saw gnr here in Vegas, and the crowd was good, not too bad, so everyone could enjoy the show, unlike last night, when I went to see Avenged Sevenfold, I was in front for the first 2 songs, then had to get the hell outta there and watch the show from the side, great show though

Axl is God.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »

I highly doubt the floor will be violent, remember these shows sold out stupidly fast, the audience is going to a mature crowd of devoted fans who are there to SEE the band,  not the usual pit goers who get off on the fact that they are able to get close to sweaty men and touch each other up. There are also going to be alot of people who got tickets through other channels, "contacts" etc.... no doubt they will have got the best tickets in the house, and they will be on the floor!

Watch 2002 tour bootlegs, i dont see any movement on the floor, a shame but that seems to be the way most American audiences go these days. This isnt going to be a RATM type environment where the whole audience is f**king insane for 2 hours, all moving at once etc!

People will want to remember this!

Jonx
TOPGUNner
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 03:43:33 PM »

I don't know that I want the crowd to be calm, lol, I just don't want people to be fucking idiots and mosh. I'm not an old dude, I'm only 22, but i can't stand it when people just start shoving each other for no reason. I don't know, people get off on that; not me.

I want the crowd to be active, and trust me, regardless of how long GNR play, everyone will be wide awake. But please, let's make a pact right now. If you see some doucebag trying to incite a pit, shove him to the back or in a corner where he can't bother us, the hardcore fans, who are there for the music, not the fights.

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 03:51:51 PM »

Well I hate push pits. 

Dude it's gnr not hatebreed relax crazy peeps. 

The Only semi pit part they have is that better part any ways.  So if you see some one doing a mosh pit, get in there and kick him in the face so his nose breaks.
Annie
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 06:22:19 PM »

I LOVED being in the front at the Vegas shows, but after being seriously injured at a Buckethead concert during the toy give out I'm not sure I want to fight for the front! I may stay to the side or even the back! Thanks again to Chris from San Antonio for protecting me at the Vegas show! yes
SlashDelonge
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »

i love small venues, always have always will!
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 07:41:18 PM »

I highly doubt the floor will be violent, remember these shows sold out stupidly fast, the audience is going to a mature crowd of devoted fans who are there to SEE the band,  not the usual pit goers who get off on the fact that they are able to get close to sweaty men and touch each other up. There are also going to be alot of people who got tickets through other channels, "contacts" etc.... no doubt they will have got the best tickets in the house, and they will be on the floor!

Watch 2002 tour bootlegs, i dont see any movement on the floor, a shame but that seems to be the way most American audiences go these days. This isnt going to be a RATM type environment where the whole audience is f**king insane for 2 hours, all moving at once etc!

People will want to remember this!

Jonx

Remember though, in 2002 at the arena shows there were chairs which prevented this. I'm hoping along the lines of everyone else..alot of good energy in the crowd, but not having to constantly defend your space or worry about getting hit. With the scarcity of tickets, the slightly older than average age of the crowd for a "metal" show (I'm only 22..but I dont expect many kids under 17 there), and with the style alof of GNR's old songs, not to mention their new ones, I dont see it being an issue. As others have said I'm paying out the ass fly to NYC and see this I want to REMEMBER it. Pits can be fun, but only at a concert where I know I'll be able to experience the band again and where the music is better suited for it.
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »

I have floor tickets for a NYC show, and I just hope the crowd doesn't start pushing or something like that.

When I saw Velvet Revolver in 2004 at the Kool Haus (again, a small club venue), it was crazy!!? I was front row, but within a minute, the crowd surged so hard, that I found myself in 15th row, barely being able to stand.? I had to get out of there quick, or most likely, I would have been pushed to the ground, and trampled on.?

I say there should be a girl's only section on the floor.? Some guys get so rough... it is crazy.? It is like I have to fight for my life to have a good spot at a concert.?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 07:54:19 PM »

Just be cool smoking  If you are moshing or doing anything like that, take the other person's feelings into consideration.  If you see that they're not liking what's going on, just stop.  Besides, I don't think GN'R fans go see GN'R just to beat the crap out of other fans.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 10:17:51 PM »

What an oppertunity. I still wonder if this is some sort of dream....zzzzzz

Yeah this is a great oppertunity. They might not do any more small venues after this again. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: