Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Worst Team in Baseball?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst Team in Baseball?  (Read 16804 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 11:55:05 AM »

Not my Mets.  smoking But seriously, the Royals are just completely embarassing. At least the Marlins are showing some type of moving forward and building for the future (a plan that has been working for them in the past).

Royals are just completely hapless and their ineptitude is more based on a lack of trying by the players and laxidasical ownership. Royals are not just a bad team. They are a tragic story.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »

Not my Mets.? smoking But seriously, the Royals are just completely embarassing. At least the Marlins are showing some type of moving forward and building for the future (a plan that has been working for them in the past).

Royals are just completely hapless and their ineptitude is more based on a lack of trying by the players and laxidasical ownership. Royals are not just a bad team. They are a tragic story.

Coulden't of said it better myself, they don't even try.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

They (the Royals) are old and bad too.  That's a bad combination.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »

For the Royals fans of the world.  Or fan, as the case may be.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49108

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »

Well, my Royals have [finally] fired the worst  GM in the history of baseball, and hired a highly respected  man who may actually have a chance of returning respectability to KC. That  is, if the cheapskate owner does  not interfere. Who ever thought that the owner/chairman  of Walmart would be a good baseball owner? He sells cheap stuff in his stores and he runs a cheap baseball operation.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 12:58:48 PM »

we only get two games a week on telly in britain and they start at like 2am, but for my money its florida.

they are fucking clown shoes.

other than the Yankees, arne't they the only multiple WS Champions the last 10 years, and on a shoe string budget??  This year they may be down but they did just have their every 5 year fire sale...

Gotta give it to the Royals....they have a cheap owner, stupid GM, and the owrst roster of middle aged, MLB rejects assembled.....

I could put together a better baseball team.....if your gonna go the cheap route, might as well use your farm systemand let the kids play
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 01:08:23 PM »

Yeah, you are right
97: Marlins
98: Yankees
99: Yankees
00: Yankees
01: Diamondbacks
02: Angels
03: Marlins
04: Red Sox
05: White Sox

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 01:25:39 PM »

I gotta go with the majority on this one: The Royals are the worst team in baseball.  And by a lot.  It's actually TOUGH to be worse than their record, but they are.  They don't deserve the few wins they have.....and given the output of their line up, I'm surprised they've won as many as they have.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »

I gotta go with the majority on this one: The Royals are the worst team in baseball.? And by a lot.? It's actually TOUGH to be worse than their record, but they are.? They don't deserve the few wins they have.....and given the output of their line up, I'm surprised they've won as many as they have.

they did play the spankees pretty tough when they were in NY, and i'm a Yankees fan Roll Eyes
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »

The worst team in baseball are the Royals.. thats a fact because of their record.

But the Florida Marlins are the worst team in baseball in my opinion. Why? The record is pretty bad, but thats not why, just look at what that franchise has done since they won the World Series a few years back. They fired the manager, got rid of a BUNCH of good players like Beckett and Rodriguez(sp?), and are thinking about moving the franchise now.

Doesn't get much worse.. oh wait, it does Tongue

They also have there only good pitcher, Dontrelle Willis, on the trading block.. and he'll probably be gone by the trading deadline.. same thing with there star hitter Cabrera. They have absolutly no idea what they are doing, unless there goal is to lose fans and destroy a franchise Undecided

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 01:35:28 AM »

The worst team in baseball are the Royals.. thats a fact because of their record.

But the Florida Marlins are the worst team in baseball in my opinion. Why? The record is pretty bad, but thats not why, just look at what that franchise has done since they won the World Series a few years back. They fired the manager, got rid of a BUNCH of good players like Beckett and Rodriguez(sp?), and are thinking about moving the franchise now.

They also have there only good pitcher, Dontrelle Willis, on the trading block.. and he'll probably be gone by the trading deadline.. same thing with there star hitter Cabrera. They have absolutly no idea what they are doing, unless there goal is to lose fans and destroy a franchise Undecided

Yeah, but they did the same exact thing after they won the World Series in 97.  And it totally worked.  Many of the players that helped them win in 2003 were players they aquired after completely overhauling the team after 97.  The Marlins have won 2 World Serieses and they've only been a franchise since 93.  They're also one of only three franchises to win multiple World Series since 1990 (Marlins 2, Blue Jays 2, Yankees 4).  The Florida Marlins know what they are doing.  They are excellent when it comes to their farm system and player develoment.  And they already have some good young players coming up to the big leagues.  Just wait a couple more years.  They'll be contenders again before you know it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 08:08:04 AM »

Heh heh....my friends and I were talking about this the other day.  They could film the Marlins season and release it as another "Major League" movie.  It almost seems like they're rehashing the plot of the original...minus the success, of course.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 08:02:57 AM »

The Marlins ownership is a joke. They are getting somewhere close to $40 million dollars from Baseballs profit sharing plan but are fielding a team with a payroll of about $16 million dollars. SOmethings wrong there.

However the players are for real, don't overlook them because you dont recognize their names. This is a good young team that just needs experience. Over their last ten games only the Mets and A's have a better record. Its not too far fetched to see them finishing 3rd in that division. Washington has been hot lately but look at them to dump salary come the trading deadline, and this looks like it will finally be the year that the Braves fall. Of course the Marlins will need to keep Cabrera and Dontrelle for this to happen. The Mets were a possible landing spot for Cabrera but with the success of Lastings Milledge they probably wont make that move unless Cliff Floyd continues to slump miserably. Either of the Bay teams in California are the leading candidates to land Dontrelle. I would lean towards Oakland as they will need a good, cheap replacement for Barry Zito who will probably be traded as he is a free agent at the end of the year.

Kansas City is just old and bad. Their individual ERA leader has a 5.09 ERA.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 01:25:39 AM »

The Marlins ownership is a joke. They are getting somewhere close to $40 million dollars from Baseballs profit sharing plan but are fielding a team with a payroll of about $16 million dollars. SOmethings wrong there.

However the players are for real, don't overlook them because you dont recognize their names. This is a good young team that just needs experience. Over their last ten games only the Mets and A's have a better record. Its not too far fetched to see them finishing 3rd in that division. Washington has been hot lately but look at them to dump salary come the trading deadline, and this looks like it will finally be the year that the Braves fall. Of course the Marlins will need to keep Cabrera and Dontrelle for this to happen. The Mets were a possible landing spot for Cabrera but with the success of Lastings Milledge they probably wont make that move unless Cliff Floyd continues to slump miserably. Either of the Bay teams in California are the leading candidates to land Dontrelle. I would lean towards Oakland as they will need a good, cheap replacement for Barry Zito who will probably be traded as he is a free agent at the end of the year.

Kansas City is just old and bad. Their individual ERA leader has a 5.09 ERA.

Same in KC. The ownership collects revenue sharing and puts nothing into the team. There needs to be a minimum salary floor, as in the NFL, in order  to make the league more competitive. It  is not just the Royals and Marlins, but MLB that is screwed up, and we can thank Mr Bud Selig for that. He has been an abysmal commissioner. I don't even know how  or why he was selected. He is a joke and needs to be replaced by a professional who can serve the sport and do something to revserse its downward trend.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 12:06:59 AM »

ROYALS SWEEP THE PIRATES. The Pirates are now the most  pathetic team in MLB. Welcome to the Jungle, baby!
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2006, 09:23:09 PM »

I agree the lowly Pirates and Royals are the worst NL/AL teams.
  Everyone seems to be selling the Marlins short.  I'm a lifelong Mets fan(It's our year!) yes Grin but I live in South Florida, so I see and hear about the Marlins everyday.  And watching them recently has reminded me of what happened in '02/'03.  Rebuilding after the fire sale by shitty ownership.  Talented young players developing quickly, will take everyone by surprise within a couple of years.  Jeremy Hermida, Hanley Ramirez, Mike Jacobs + Dontrelle and Miggy Cabrera?  They won't be in the basement forever like the Royals and Pirates.  If only the would build a stadium in Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach County.  Then the team would have a real fan base.

(my 100th post, and its sports!)

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 10:54:09 AM »

Well I was born in Pittsburgh and love my Steelers and Peguins (atleast until they move, if that happens), and I love the Pirates.  But the Pirates are really pathetic, and have a terrible owner.  They have IMO the best ballpark, but nothing to put on it to watch.  I wish they would sell the team to Mark Cuban (a native of the area) and he'd make them legit again.  But Cuban said he would only buy it if they were to be moved out of Pittsburgh.  But I will say this the best and worst thing that happened to the Pirates was Barry Bonds.  They should have brought Jim Leyland back to manage.  Oh well, Steelers training camp opens soon.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »

Well I was born in Pittsburgh and love my Steelers and Peguins (atleast until they move, if that happens), and I love the Pirates.? But the Pirates are really pathetic, and have a terrible owner.? They have IMO the best ballpark, but nothing to put on it to watch.? I wish they would sell the team to Mark Cuban (a native of the area) and he'd make them legit again.? But Cuban said he would only buy it if they were to be moved out of Pittsburgh.? But I will say this the best and worst thing that happened to the Pirates was Barry Bonds.? They should have brought Jim Leyland back to manage.? Oh well, Steelers training camp opens soon.

I agree about the Pirates....and the Steelers!  Go Pittsburgh./...looks like Rothlisberger may come out of this a better person and appreciate what he has now, rather than the twighlight of his career
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 12:23:12 AM »

royals have won 15 of 22 and now are no longer the worst in MLB. At last.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 11:27:55 PM »

IMO, definitely the Pirates.

I would love to see them start to sell some players, like Bay and possibly Oliver Perez and Mike Gonzalez. It would be a freaking dream come true to see Gonzalez and Bay in a Yankee uniform. drool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: