Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gunsnroses.com is up and running...sort of.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: gunsnroses.com is up and running...sort of.  (Read 38589 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2006, 05:30:17 AM »

BigBoss from sp1at has thrown cold water on it

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2006, 05:44:53 AM »

What he said? I can't see anything on splat.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2006, 05:57:36 AM »

What he said? I can't see anything on splat.

Bigboss said:
"There will be no updates This is not an official move by GN'R"

Don't know.....who cares.... 11 days people untill they take stage! They'll surely 'talk' about 'stuff' there I imagine

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2006, 06:02:10 AM »

Yeah... I hope so! nervous

I just wish they could put an interview with Axl like they did back in 2002. Sad

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2006, 06:03:52 AM »

Yeah... I hope so! nervous

I just wish they could put an interview with Axl like they did back in 2002. Sad

Yes that was nice. We'll find out soon bro  Cheesy Imagine reading the reviews and live blogs from NYC  Cheesy  nervous

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2006, 06:13:55 AM »

Trust me..? Axl controls that site..? I think he even talked about it to some fans at a pool in Rio (2001).? I think they asked him about why he blurred all the old band members faces out in a photo on the site.. he had some comment about it.? ? Or maybe I'm just remembering things wrong.. it was 5 years ago.

/phoenix

are you sure you're not thinking about the misconception that he has blurred out his AFD cross tattoo?
just a thought...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 06:17:24 AM by Summer2006 » Logged

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2006, 07:06:05 AM »

The picture thing with the old members really happened...I remember it when the site originally popped up. It was a pic from the SCOM video with everyone but Axl blocked out..ask darknemus.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2006, 07:23:18 AM »

The picture thing with the old members really happened...I remember it when the site originally popped up. It was a pic from the SCOM video with everyone but Axl blocked out..ask darknemus.

I remember that too. It was just up for a very short while and not lal links on the site worked.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2006, 08:21:58 AM »

Actually, it would be Axl, with Sanctuary doing the administration as Axl's management. ?

In the past with a lot of the artists signed to major labels, the label would secure and own the sites and they'd hang on to them even if the band left the label. ?The record company would (supposedly) use it to promote the catalogue, forcing the band to start up other sites under different (and often more awkward) names, leaving the fans pretty confused and the bands pretty pissed off. ?

If it's registered to Axl, it's likely that Rose and crew set up the site themselves to avoid that pitfall, but the label probably also has its own 'official' GN'R site. ?I guess there can be a lot of deals between all the factions -- ie: Axl's own site or not, it's just easier to link it to AD, or AD has an agreement with Sanctuary or whatever.? ?

But if a site registered to Axl has old band photos, then guaranteed he's not paying any attention to it, or its on hold. ?Somebody at Sanctuary may just be following the line of least resistance, or wallowing in indecision, or (the most likely sceneario) waiting for Axl to hand down 'the plan.'? They can't have a site with new photos if they're not even confirming who's in the band, or acknowledging the tour dates.? (As far as I can tell, all info has still come from the promoters, none from the band).

Exactly that:

gunsnroses.com is owned by the band, and is officially administered by them (and/or their management).

gnronline.com is owned by the label, and is officially administered by them.

I believe the artist direct site, as it stands right now, is more of a place holder than anything else.

The site has been dormant for years (literally)...not even having a resolving IP address.  Essentially, it was an address that pointed to nothing.

I don't think it can be a coincidence that it has suddenly sprang to life after all this time.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
judgesmf
Headliner

GNR EUROPE.999.ORG

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2006, 08:24:57 AM »

Anything will do !!!!!! peace

Origen
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2006, 08:34:19 AM »

What else is weird is that everythink on that site is old gnr even in the listen section you can hear interviews from Slash from 1994-5. Yet under tickets thats the only real place related to the new guns where you can buy tickets for the 15th/17th new york shows (why just them two and not the other two dates?)

Still another 11 days probably before we hear anythink, oh the suspence  hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2006, 08:49:12 AM »

Couple more things:

1) I read what Big Boss said over at sp1at.  Everyone knows I like the guys over there, but....it just makes no sense that this wasn't signed off on by Axl and/or management.  I can't believe AD would, of their own volition, pull a 5 year old site addy out of mothballs, resurrect it, and redirect it to their content, all without some sort of approval from the owner of the site...web admins or not.

2) I've seen some people wondering about why it's going to the AD page.  My guess (and it's only that) is that it's a redirect for a purpose.  They wantedt to ensure that the web addy could successfully resolve "someplace" during testing, etc, before bringing new content live.  Most web developers do the same sort of thing prior to taking a site live.  Sort of a "dry run" of sorts.  It also could (depending on how things are set up) gauge some of the spike traffic that occurs after bringing the site back to life.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2006, 08:50:23 AM »

What else is weird is that everythink on that site is old gnr even in the listen section you can hear interviews from Slash from 1994-5. Yet under tickets thats the only real place related to the new guns where you can buy tickets for the 15th/17th new york shows (why just them two and not the other two dates?)

Still another 11 days probably before we hear anythink, oh the suspence? hihi

The site, itself, is about 7 years old, I think.? It's been up on AD forever, but hasn't been updated in about as long.

The "tickets" section is an RSS type feed, I think...which means it just does a search on shows with the artist listed and links to them.

Together again,
Steel_Angel
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2006, 09:04:22 AM »

lets not forget big boss is full of shit sumtimes. Cheesy
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:48 AM »

Yeah you're right.? You had to type in gunsnroses.com/index? and it showed some type of menu with chinese stars as the menu bullets.? ?Then you clicked on pics and the SCOM video pic showed up with all of the members faces blacked out except Axl.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »

the pic where they are all sitting down?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2006, 09:13:11 AM »

the pic where they are all sitting down?

No, the one where they are all standing up and playing.  It was an image from that.

Siliconmessiah
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2006, 09:24:19 AM »

Does anyone have a screen-dump of that new GNR-site in 2000-2001. I know it?s been circulating before...
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2006, 10:03:19 AM »

all part of the mystery that is the new incarnation of guns n' roses... the day will come when we will have all the answers, and we will be very proud to have stuck by axl all these years! have faith in axl! peace

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2006, 11:06:34 AM »

Hey have you tried that site in awhile.  Now it isn't redirecting you to that one site it was yesterday.  What the fuck is going on?

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: