Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think these concerts are really going to happen? Will Axl show up?  (Read 26039 times)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2006, 07:37:45 PM »

I have all the confidence in the world during the european dates, but I have all the worries in the world when it comes to the states...

Me too!!!

Actually, I think they would tour all around the world before tour the USA!

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2006, 07:37:59 PM »

I know someone made this thread, cant find it.

who here, HONESTLY, is not worried about Axl making all of these shows? the back-to-back nights are scary, i really hope this all goes well, but whats different this time around compared to 2002 and 91-93?

I think its a bad move by management.? There's NO REASON to play back-to-back nights. This band is HUGE enough in name, it doesn't need to "tour like crazy" to build its name.

of course, i hope this kicks ass. im just worried.

Even The Stones do back to back shows as well as U2.? Back on the last European tour GNR did back to back shows.? I'm sure Axl can handle it.

Well, the last time GnR was scheduled to do back to back shows; the remaining 2002 tour got cancelled
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:29 PM »

Axl didn't have much problem with the 2002 dates in Europe and Asia.? But as soon as the band came to the US, the American media began taking their swipes at him; soon enough,? delays, cancellations and tantrums sprung up.? Axl seemed to lose focus at times, walking off in Detroit, turning up consistantly late for shows, then forcing a fateful confrontation with Clear Channel after MSG.

The band needs to keep their eyes on the prize, finishing the tour and releasing this album.

I rather have the album before the tour, having it second worries me.. ANything on any given night can do a 180 on plans
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2006, 07:41:53 PM »

I honestly don't see a problem with Axl completing this next tour. ?I realize he is not as predictable as we'd sometime like, but Axl still likes making money...as long as money is there and CC isn't trying to re-negotiate his cut (as was speculated last tour), I think Axl will have no issue with completing a successful tour. ?I know he has plenty of money, but this is a great time in his life to pad his bank account for the remainder of his career. ?Plus, if CD is well received, I would have to imagine that Axl is going ?to want to share it with the world. ?From what I have heard of the demos, I am confident Axl will deliver a strong CD, a good show for Europe and then mount a successful North American tour as CD hits the radio and builds quite a buzz.
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2006, 07:43:06 PM »

I though this many shows was kinda wierd and maybee a bad idea but I have faith n Axl Rose and his ability to preform all these shows

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »

I honestly don't see a problem with Axl completing this next tour. ?I realize he is not as predictable as we'd sometime like, but Axl still likes making money...as long as money is there and CC isn't trying to re-negotiate his cut (as was speculated last tour), I think Axl will have no issue with completing a successful tour. ?I know he has plenty of money, but this is a great time in his life to pad his bank account for the remainder of his career. ?Plus, if CD is well received, I would have to imagine that Axl is going ?to want to share it with the world. ?From what I have heard of the demos, I am confident Axl will deliver a strong CD, a good show for Europe and then mount a successful North American tour as CD hits the radio and builds quite a buzz.

I think you might be right, I just have been following axl n gnr my whole life and a leopard doesn't change it's spots/... The tour can fail and not be axl's fault.. Can anyone say Nov candian 1st show where the venue pulled the plug premature.. Either way that was 1 strike against axl..  I personally hope this time he gets toplaces witht eh band at least a day earlier.. To much riding on this to be taking the last flight..  Axl is alos the type that on one certain night an unruly fan can catch him in a relly bad mood and then hell can break loose..  Remember with axl showing up doesn't mean the night is a success... Only after PC orwhatever new closer is it ok.. hihi
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2006, 07:46:37 PM »

I really hope GNR completes this tour, but who knows. ?I think 18 dates is too much to ask of a band whose lead singer is consistent on his appearances, a band that played about 20 shows in 01,02, there is still no sign of CD coming either. ?I think CD is the x factor to what will make GNR successful again whether the complete the tour or not. ?If they complete it and theres still no CD, I think people will be like who cares, however if they complete the tour and CD is released relatively soon, then everything will be a big success.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2006, 07:48:36 PM »

I remember rumours after msg was that he pulled the plug himself... That he saw what he needed and knew when the time was right it would all be good..
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »

I think its very important for this band to do everything they can to re build the GNR reputation and to build upon their own reputation.  Outside of the 5000 members on this board, the current line up is relatively unknown, and the one person most people recognize, buckethead, isnt in the band anymore. so its important these guys get out and get themselves known.  At the same time, I do think back to back nights might not be the best way to go about it.  Releasing CD might help though.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2006, 07:54:03 PM »

I remember rumours after msg was that he pulled the plug himself... That he saw what he needed and knew when the time was right it would all be good..

I don't think that it was the case. CKY apparently alluded to a problem with Clear Channel; from what I have heard, there was a request by CC for a substantial flat fine everytime the band missed a show. Axl objected; CC called his bluff.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2006, 07:59:42 PM »

He may complete it but I'd say there's a 99% chance that more than 1 show will have "issues"
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2006, 08:00:02 PM »

x factor

Legit

Im very nervous about the tour. My gut feeling says we have to get an album before the tour, but Im still very worried that one day ill log onto htgth and the dates will be gone

They just thought Id know better. Better.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2006, 08:07:50 PM »

man, in some of those other countries, if axl were to pull his shit an end up causing a riot, his ass would be locked up for awhile. Let him fuck around in Ireland. Dave Mustaine learned the hard way you don't fuck around there. Maybe if Axl was held accountable for his actions in the USA he'd be less likely to act like an ass in the states.

I don't think every instance is Axl's fault, but he's no alter boy. The whole Vancouver thing- It's the first night of your first tour in 9 years, you make sure to have your ass there in plenty of time. Doesn't he show up to do soundchecks?
Look at it through the venue/promoters eyes. Here you've got a guy who is known to not show up to shows sometimes, showtime isn't too far away. People are arriving at the arena,again showtime is approaching, and the star of the show isn't there!!What the hell are you supposed to do? Do you take the chance of letting thousands of peoiple into your building, end up having to cancel the show and then people are super pissed- kinda like the philadelphia incident, and then the riot is inside your building.

Axl just needs to show a little respect in order to gain some respect. it's earned, not just given. i respect him as a great musician, but as a person, he has alot to learn about respect towards others (i.e. YOUR FANS!). this showing up late (if at all) shit is for the birds.

i'll be surprised if there are no cancellations on this tour.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2006, 08:09:52 PM »

hasn't this been discussed like thousand times since 2 weeks?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2006, 08:22:03 PM »

I think these dates that are planned will go off without a hitch. North America is when shit seems to hit the fan Undecided

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2006, 08:59:11 PM »

There's NO REASON to play back-to-back nights. This band is HUGE enough in name, it doesn't need to "tour like crazy" to build its name.

Sure there is... GNR may be a huge name, but to ALOT of people, its not who they grew to love(why should it be, we're ALL here because of the old members)...So I think Axl has to play in front of many people as possible, to prove himself and this band worthy...  I think it a great move in the fact that many people will get their socks rocked off....  Bad in the fact that Axl may cut out...

But why not do back to back nights?? Axl talked about touring for a LONG time when the album comes out... This will be a good way to get ready for the long road ahead..

As for manangement, they see it as money for making the album....
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2006, 11:28:55 PM »

I think these dates that are planned will go off without a hitch. North America is when shit seems to hit the fan Undecided

Axl will not complete the tour. I hope that I am wrong.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2006, 11:30:57 PM »

It is due or die time for Axl. He will complete the tour and I hope its a sellout for every show. I also hope the guys get a huge amount of respect from the press.  The only way the shows will fail if we loose a guitarist, or Axl looses his voice.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2006, 11:50:10 PM »

There is so much riding on this.  The record company has spent so much money on the cd, they're probably willing to do whatever is needed to make Axl comfortable and happy.  Wasn't there a rumor that Axl had a therapist with him in '02?  That's probably a good idea.  Someone to coax him into hitting the stage and talk him down when he starts to feel too much pressure.  Because the media and the haters are going to apply huge amounts of pressure.  Axl is a human being, and some people get a sick sense of satisfaction when someone fails.  I dearly hope that the tour goes off without a hitch and the cd hits number one when its released.  Axl deserves it and the fans deserve it.

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
McDuff
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2006, 11:55:30 PM »

Axl didn't have much problem with the 2002 dates in Europe and Asia.  But as soon as the band came to the US, the American media began taking their swipes at him; soon enough,  delays, cancellations and tantrums sprung up.  Axl seemed to lose focus at times, walking off in Detroit, turning up consistantly late for shows, then forcing a fateful confrontation with Clear Channel after MSG.

The band needs to keep their eyes on the prize, finishing the tour and releasing this album.

Well it was not the press or if it was Axl shouldn't listen to all of the shit people have to say about him,if he uses the press as an excuse then that'll be really lame  peace
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: