Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:14:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lyrics?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lyrics?  (Read 8630 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 12:42:22 PM »

I always thought the Oh My God lyrics were-

It's not how you're thinking
Like you've been right
You've been living a trade-off
Believe your own version
Believe your enslavery and drain out your soul

No those are wrong, the ones I have are correct
how do you know they are? please fill me in..... im curious.

At the HOB show the tech guy screwed up and erased the lyrics to oh my god, so he asked axl to write them down so he could type them back into the telepromputer, so axl wrote them down on napkins. After that the tech guy gave the napkins to del james ( I think it was him) and Del gave the lyrics to some fans. Sal (from the gnr bar) got the first verse with those lyrics. A few years ago Sal told us what they said, I think there is a scan out there. Eva also got one of the verses and has it somewhere. So those lyrics (first verse) are from axl so they are 100% correct.

Plus the lyrics the other person posted make no sense, and if you just listen to the lyrics and read both, you can tell the ones that I have are correct.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »

And in IRS I would still like that goddamn "when you plead the fifth" line replaced even with something like "inaudible". That's just as wrong and plain stupid as that "three more to tame" in Madagascar. The same with "And ought to find someone that belonged insane like I do" in CITR... what the hell does that mean? (Oh, someone already mentioned that.)

The "three more to tame" was fuckin lame... I never understood what the fuck it meant to the people who "transcribed" the song...

Haha, I thought it was hillarious! I liked it so much that I used it for one of my email addresses.

There is still some bad grammar, some downright nonesensical nonesense, going on in the current transcriptions, but there is no point arguing with mister "no, but seriously, I'm a trillion percent right because I am" above me here.

I'll wait for the sleeve thank you very much.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 10:35:49 PM »

No one still knows what axl sings on that part. He keeps chaning it.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 05:34:23 AM »

What part?

metalmessiah80
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »

Here are some lyrics to IRS (what I got out of the song) there are like 20 different interpretations of what he says, but this is what I got..

There's not anymore that I can do
all the reasons that you give, I follow you
till when you'd leave and it may be the end of time it's true
wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong
wouldn't be the last I'm sure I'm wrong
with all the rumors I can tell
some things didn't work so well

when and where it feels detained <--confused on this one
when you first told me you were gone
so long ago, but I still head on
through all the motions that I've had to set
and that's the truth and here's the worst yet
wouldn't even matter the things that I say
you've made your mind up and gone anyway
and there's no use now in dragging it on
should have seen it coming all along

well it's true
I had my doubts of you
gonna call the president
gonna call myself a private eye
gonna need the IRS
gonna get the FBI
gonna make this a federal case
gonna win it right down in your face
read it baby with your morning news
with a sweet hangover and the headlines true now

I bet you think I'm doing this all for my health
I should've looked again, then at somebody else
feeling like I've done way more than wrong
feelin like I'm livin inside of this song
feelin like I'm just too tired to care
feeling like I've done more than my share
could it be the way that I've carried on
like a broken record for so long
and I do

-----------------
I guess we won't really know until CD comes out though, I'm still trying to figure out what he sings in "The Blues" the part that says:
What this means to me is more than I know you'd believe
what I (Can't figure this part out)
has cost more than it should for me"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

When all I&#039;ve got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »

What part?

The freed of chains or what ever he sings. If you listen to the rio version, then 2002, then 2006. it sounds like he is singing something different

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 12:15:15 PM »

I guess we won't really know until CD comes out though, I'm still trying to figure out what he sings in "The Blues" the part that says:

I think he says this

What this means to me
Is more than I know you('d) believe
What I thought of you now
Has cost more than it should for me

greendog
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »

Like you've been right
Believe your own version

At the HOB show the tech guy screwed up and erased the lyrics to oh my god, so he asked axl to write them down so he could type them back into the telepromputer, so axl wrote them down on napkins. After that the tech guy gave the napkins to del james ( I think it was him) and Del gave the lyrics to some fans. Sal (from the gnr bar) got the first verse with those lyrics. A few years ago Sal told us what they said, I think there is a scan out there. Eva also got one of the verses and has it somewhere. So those lyrics (first verse) are from axl so they are 100% correct.

Plus the lyrics the other person posted make no sense, and if you just listen to the lyrics and read both, you can tell the ones that I have are correct.

HOB was after it was released, and ive heard the Oh My God was actually still unfinnished when released... so he could have changed the lyrics. ?Because after listening to the STUDIO song, reading both versions, these definatly fit alot better to what he is saying.

Like you've been right
Believe your own version

I cant speak for the live version, as its so long since ive heard it, and i dont have it on me anymore.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:19:48 PM by greendog » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 12:21:15 PM »

Like you've been right
Believe your own version

HOB was after it was released, and ive heard the Oh My God was actually still unfinnished when released... so he could have changed the lyrics. ?Because after listening to the STUDIO song, reading both versions, these definatly fit alot better to what he is saying. I cant speak for the live version, as its so long since ive heard it, and i dont have it on me anymore.

Like you've been right
Believe your own version

I am not going to argue about this again. WE already had a huge debate about this months ago, and even had a poll.
And most people said it was what I had. Trust me its correct. I dont know how you can even hear what? you have, it makes no sense. Plus the lyrics that Axl gave are in his own words. If you dont want to take axls word for it then fine but you are 100% wrong.

The lyrics  you think they are dont fit better and are worst lyrically than the ones I posted that came from Axl
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:27:03 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

JAC185
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 12:30:10 PM »

I think he says this

What this means to me
Is more than I know you('d) believe
What I thought of you now
Has cost more than it should for me

I just listened to it and that sounds dead on
greendog
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »

I am not going to argue about this again. WE already had a huge debate about this months ago, and even had a poll.
And most people said it was what I had. Trust me its correct. I dont know how you can even hear what? you have, it makes no sense. Plus the lyrics that Axl gave are in his own words. If you dont want to take axls word for it then fine but you are 100% wrong.
I never said that i didnt believe the lyrics that Axl wrote, and i dont expect you to argue, i dont want that... i can do without another negative Karma point since i dont know how i got one in the first place ?Tongue ... all i said is that he could have changed them since recording the song in the studio. Its not that hard to believe an artist could do that.

I think one give away is the when hes supposed to say 'Fashioned' its definatly 'Version'...

il just leave it at that, coz i dont want an argument Tongue

I also think that "Ruin the wiser" sounds better lyrically and flows with what was sang before than "Who is the wiser"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:36:43 PM by greendog » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »

^
Its all good, we will never know 100% until we get the lyric book because like we both have said, Axl is always changing lyrics around.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »

What part?

The freed of chains or what ever he sings. If you listen to the rio version, then 2002, then 2006. it sounds like he is singing something different

What part of "I read the lyrics on Axl's screen" didn't you understand?

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 02:47:15 PM »

What part?

Oh i missed that post Smiley but doesnt change the fact he sings something different at that part on certain shows

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2006, 07:07:23 PM »

What part?

Oh i missed that post Smiley but doesnt change the fact he sings something different at that part on certain shows

Rock In Rio 2001: Freedom Or The Chains

Osaka 2002: Freedom Or The Chains (You can even understand it through the crazy people screaming AAAAAAXLLLLL!!)

Tokyo 2002:Freedom Or The Chains

Leeds 2002: Freedom Or The Chains

Cleveland 2002: Freedom Or The Chains

Boston 2002: Freedom Or The Chains

All 2006 shows: Freedom Or The Chains

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2006, 08:06:45 PM »

I dont hear that on the boston show at all

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2006, 08:43:50 PM »

Back in 2002 I remember somebody saying they saw part of the lyrics to Madagascar in the screen, I think the guy said he read "I'll free the ball and chain, we end together", or something like that, I'm really not sure now...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2006, 10:08:40 PM »

Back in 2002 I remember somebody saying they saw part of the lyrics to Madagascar in the screen, I think the guy said he read "I'll free the ball and chain, we end together", or something like that, I'm really not sure now...

Like I said, the lyrics have changed over the  years.

axe
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2006, 12:01:50 AM »

A little sidepath to this thread, although it stays on topic.

English is not my first language, and although I know a lot about it, there's things that I don't always understand in GNR lyrics. So if it's okay, I'll post a few lines, and I hope someone can explain their meaning. Here's two to begin with, and one a little different one.

Rocket Queen, just before the last stanza: "Of those that take you leave you strung out much too far." Translating it to my language it doesn't make much sense.

Garden Of Eden: what is "slammin' to the crunch" that these people are doing inside?

And the bonus, Mr. Brownstone: the first line of the last part. What is just before "...it drove me outta my mind / I should have know better, said I wish I never met her etc."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2006, 12:16:29 AM »

A little sidepath to this thread, although it stays on topic.

English is not my first language, and although I know a lot about it, there's things that I don't always understand in GNR lyrics. So if it's okay, I'll post a few lines, and I hope someone can explain their meaning. Here's two to begin with, and one a little different one.

Rocket Queen, just before the last stanza: "Of those that take you leave you strung out much too far." Translating it to my language it doesn't make much sense.

Garden Of Eden: what is "slammin' to the crunch" that these people are doing inside?

And the bonus, Mr. Brownstone: the first line of the last part. What is just before "...it drove me outta my mind / I should have know better, said I wish I never met her etc."

In rocket queen strung out means the same as leaving some one hanging.
Basically he was saying he wont leave the girl hanging (alone) like other people  have in the past

Brownstone
"stuck it in the middle, shot it in the middle, it drove me outta my mind"
He is most likely talking about shooting up the herion into his veins.

as for garden of eden, i have no clue

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:20:09 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: