Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (FACT) GN'R hitting the press
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (FACT) GN'R hitting the press  (Read 15438 times)
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 02:58:07 PM »

Axl said in the interview the other day on the Trunk(?) radio show that there is a new guitarist and that he was not going to announce who it is.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2006, 03:59:49 PM »

I'm with you o this one.? the CITR theory is interesting though, i never thought of that!!

I don't believe for a minute that the leaks were intentional. CITR is the only song that I think could have been used by management to flush out Prostitute since they allegedly were frightened that it was floating around in cyberspace.

I don't understand how this works at all.  Why would you leak an extra song?  If Prostitute was floating around in cyberspace, either people would hear it or they wouldn't.  If someone had a copy, they'd either keep it or leak it, and I don't see how leaking another song or trading another song would keep prostitute out of our hands.  This suggestion doesn't make sense.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2006, 04:03:25 PM »

Well, since it's May 9th now and the last show is the 17th, we'll see what happens in the next 8 days
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2006, 10:01:02 PM »

I have been told that Baz was the friend, just to close out this rumor and log it under fact.

This is REALLY crap!? There is no way Baz would have had any knowledge of any press plans, and there's absolutely no way he could have predicted Axl showing up at the station the day of much less weeks before.?? Baz hasn't talked to Axl in years and years, and that hasn't been Baz's choice.? Right up until the minute Axl decided to make contact with him, Baz had no indication that was about to change -- other than maybe Del saying, 'yeah, I'll tell him you called.'? To use this as an 'I told you so' is so stupid, it just killed the'real' possibility that your info come from the fact that management reps are probably responding to the major interview requests with a very definite 'maybe'.? (It's either that or a flat out 'don't hold your breath').? These guys have been working with Axl long enough to know you don't even try to make those kinds of 'plans'.? Sheesh! Angry
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2006, 09:33:20 AM »

I got so much shit over this whole Izzy thing, people even sent me nasty PM's!!!

Well here it comes...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

There, I got that off my chest.

In Feb I posted about Izzy's return and was told to F-Off but the Mod let me post and never banned me. Thanks Mods, also they gave me an opportunity to explain where I got the info. I honestly believe my buddy did have the inside track. The things he told me nobody knew at the time, and he still stands by them all. He said from what he heard things changed, the things that didn't happen were apparently a direct result of Axl deciding to re-record certain parts. He said CD almost happed before easter but plans changed.

He even said there would be USA dates before Europe and I laughed at him and never posted the info, this was before any of us knew about the NY gigs, or at least before anyone decided to share the info. I really wish I had posted this, i would have looked like Naustrodamus (sp)

For all I know many of our boardies knew this stuff when or before I was told, but to all of you who cursed me up and down... eat your words... you know who you are.

Thanks Mods for not immediately judging every "n00b" who posts here as being a trouble maker! Seriously, good job. Most boards would auto-boot you. You guys are a really good judge of character.

VTY,
Soul
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 09:35:54 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 09:53:17 AM »

I got so much shit over this whole Izzy thing, people even sent me nasty PM's!!!

Well here it comes...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

In Feb I posted about Izzy's return and was told to F-Off but the Mod let me post and never banned me. Thanks Mods, also they gave me an opportunity to explain where I got the info. I honestly believe my buddy did have the inside track. The things he told me nobody knew at the time, and he still stands by them all. He said from what he heard things changed, the things that didn't happen were apparently a direct result of Axl deciding to re-record certain parts. He said CD almost happed before easter but plans changed.

He even said there would be USA dates before Europe and I laughed at him and never posted the info, this was before any of us knew about the NY gigs, or at least before anyone decided to share the info. I really wish I had posted this, i would have looked like Naustrodamus (sp)

For all I know many of our boardies knew this stuff when or before I was told, but to all of you who cursed me up and down... eat your words... you know who you are.

Thanks Mods for not immediately judging every "n00b" who posts here as being a trouble maker! Seriously, good job. Most boards would auto-boot you. You guys are a really good judge of character.

VTY,
Soul

this is now the second of your smartass posts i noticed....... it`s cool that you knew something, but stop this shit now peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »

... In Feb I posted about Izzy's return and was told to F-Off

Yeah, well F-Off again.?Tongue? Grin? You'd have to be psychic to know Izzy would show up seeing as back in February, guaranteed neither Axl nor Izzy knew it.? ?You were the only one!??

This was most certainly NOT a prearranged affair.? As Axl said, Izzy was in NYC, they had lunch, Izzy said 'I might drop by," and Axl said, 'cool'.? And as Axl said, Izzy could have just as easily ended up on a beach in the tropics.

As for your buddy saying the CD was finished but Axl wanted to re-record some parts, that's been the story once or twice a year since what, '97?? It's a no-brainer.? ?Your buddy may be connected enough to know the pattern, but so is everybody here who pays attention, or who knows how to search the archives.? And the US dates in advance of Europe?? Awesome... except oops, you didn't post that, did you?? ?You told us squat.? Thanks anyway.? Wink
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:53:44 AM by snooze72 » Logged
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2006, 10:31:26 AM »

Well here it comes...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

VTY,
Soul

this is now the second of your smartass posts i noticed....... it`s cool that you knew something, but stop this shit now peace

Honestly, this wasn't meant to be smartass. It was a post to thank the mods and redeem myself to those who still think of me as a story fabricator, when i was honestly just relaying info.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »

... In Feb I posted about Izzy's return and was told to F-Off

Yeah, well F-Off again.?Tongue? Grin? You'd have to be psychic to know Izzy would show up seeing as back in February, guaranteed neither Axl nor Izzy knew it.? ?You were the only one!??

This was most certainly NOT a prearranged affair.? As Axl said, Izzy was in NYC, they had lunch, Izzy said 'I might drop by," and Axl said, 'cool'.? And as Axl said, Izzy could have just as easily ended up on a beach in the topics.

As for your buddy saying the CD was finished but Axl wanted to re-record some parts, that's been the story once or twice a year since what, '97?? It's a no-brainer.? ?Your buddy may be connected enough to know the pattern, but so is everybody here who pays attention, or who knows how to search the archives.? And the US dates in advance of Europe?? Awesome... except oops, you didn't post that, did you?? ?You told us squat.? Thanks anyway.? Wink

The info wasn't from me, or anyone who surfs these boards. they don't even like GN'R, they are an Indie fan who happens to be a former Pitchfork.com employee who is connected, not to GN'R but to the industry of music.

Anyway, this is boring, I shouldn't have even posted this but I was dying to say "I told you so" and yes that was childish and selfish but I am ok with that.? yes

ALSO!!! Nobody communicated alternate versions of tracks were on the way before me, it was not an obvious prediction at all.

I was scoffed at when I suggested leaks were intensional, since the tour many now believe that to be true.

AND ABOUT IZZY, WELL IT LOOKS LIKE I WAS PHSYCHIC CAUSE I KNEW.

If this was so obvious to everyone then why was I told by everyone but the Mods that my predictions were silly and would NEVER happen.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:43:27 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2006, 10:47:25 AM »

Oh would you give it a rest already.. There two ways of looking at it. You posted 5 things your buddy told you.. big deal if he was close on a few. You also stated somewhere Axl will give a media press statement after the concerts, which most people would have thought.. because most bands do. Well guess what, nothing yet. Not for nothing, but these "I told you so's" are getting annoying when you regurgitate them every few weeks to "fit" your buddies predictions.

Here's my take on it:

More songs are coming. Alternate versions / new songs. I expect they should surface withing the next 24 - 32 hours. Fact - This was before the instrumentals, TWAT and CITR

The "IRS" leak was intensional, though nobody will admit it. "Better" leak was not. Unconfirmed ie. Wrong

Negotiations are under way, looks like we will see a re-united Gn'R (with Izzy).  Wrong played 1 show with them.. is Bas in this reunited band?? Is Kid Rock in GnR?? There is no reunited GnR.

Geffen will speak very soon. We will have an official release date. Wrong

iTunes will have a surprise for us shortly. Wrong
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:48:56 AM by pasnow » Logged
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2006, 10:52:18 AM »

Oh would you give it a rest already.. There two ways of looking at it. You posted 5 things your buddy told you.. big deal if he was close on a few. You also stated somewhere Axl will give a media press statement after the concerts, which most people would have thought.. because most bands do. Well guess what, nothing yet. Not for nothing, but these "I told you so's" are getting annoying when you regurgitate them every few weeks to "fit" your buddies predictions.

Here's my take on it:

More songs are coming. Alternate versions / new songs. I expect they should surface withing the next 24 - 32 hours. Fact - This was before the instrumentals, TWAT and CITR

The "IRS" leak was intensional, though nobody will admit it. "Better" leak was not. Unconfirmed ie. Wrong

Negotiations are under way, looks like we will see a re-united Gn'R (with Izzy). Current line-up future is unknown (Bumblefoot reference?). Wrong

Geffen will speak very soon. We will have an official release date. Wrong

iTunes will have a surprise for us shortly. Wrong

That's cool. You are right, I should give it a rest. I won't dog you for your take on the situation. We are all intitled to our opinions. In my opinion you are threatened by my superior man-god brain, and my pretty hair... just like everyone else... you loath me for my beauty... well I won't let you cut my hair and glue it to your own head... I am wise to your plans.

Glares suspiciously and dances off into the horizon.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:54:09 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »

That's cool. You are right, I should give it a rest. I won't dog you for your take on the situation. We are all intitled to our opinions. In my opinion you are threatened by my superior man-god brain, and my pretty hair... just like everyone else... you loath me for my beauty... well I won't let you cut my hair and glue it to your own head... I am wise to your plans.

Glares suspiciously and dances off into the horizon.

Haha, now that's funny..? ? ok
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: