Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184717 times)
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #1120 on: November 22, 2005, 07:31:24 PM »

Wow, Damn

What a long thread

OK

Does CHIN DEM even matter

New GNR sucks

It does not even deserve the name

Axl is not, never was, can can never be GNR all by himself

maybe you should stop worshipping Axl and go listen to a GNR record,
all the records that will ever come out have

New"GNR" does not count

Axl knows this, and this is why he never puts it out

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1121 on: November 22, 2005, 07:39:37 PM »

Wow, Damn

What a long thread

OK

New GNR sucks

New"GNR" does not count

Well, you probably picked the wrong site to have 181 posts Roll Eyes.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1122 on: November 22, 2005, 07:52:47 PM »

New GNR sucks

New"GNR" does not count

You raise an interesting point, maybe you should start a new thread about this?
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #1123 on: November 22, 2005, 07:54:08 PM »

Regarding the whole 06/06/06 issue.

Yeah it would be a clever marketing issue and it does stick in your head for most bands, but what's the first thing that people think of regarding GNR when they see a year? ?"man CD has taken forever to come out...what has it been...13,14,15,16 years since their last album...why'd it take so long....it better be good since it took so many years..let's see, what's 2006 minus 2002 when they toured, man 4 years since...etc."

I think the last thing GNR wants is a marketing campaign based on a date in regards to Chinese Democracy because all it leads to is negative questions and comments. ?The date should be the last thing that they push. ?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
conny
« Reply #1124 on: November 22, 2005, 07:59:40 PM »

06/06/06....man i can see the headlines : "axl rose, the satanist!"

better not  no
Evolution
« Reply #1125 on: November 22, 2005, 08:03:12 PM »

GNR 666

Catches the eye.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1126 on: November 22, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »

GNR Round One 1.1.01
GNR Round Two 6.6.06

hihi

I think that there will be a new track or tracks on Axl's version... it would hold off fans a bit longer. Maybe studios of what we've heard already so Chinese Democracy will be all new tracks. I dont think thats wishful thinkin either.. it makes perfect sense. May happen. may not.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1127 on: November 22, 2005, 08:24:28 PM »

I think that there will be a new track or tracks on Axl's version... it would hold off fans a bit longer. Maybe studios of what we've heard already so Chinese Democracy will be all new tracks. I dont think thats wishful thinkin either.. it makes perfect sense. May happen. may not.
? ? -jack

I really don't believe this will happen, unless its part of a planned release. A new song will ruin the element of surprise...we've been waiting to hear not only the new songs, but the new sound for so long now its hardly like he will reveal this to us by means of a 'Best of'. Then again whadda I know!

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1128 on: November 22, 2005, 08:34:26 PM »

Wow, Damn

What a long thread

Wow, what a boring post.

Visit the Dead Horse section. There you can keep discussing this "interesting" topic without making the rest of us have to read it in a thread about the GH2/Best Of.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1129 on: November 22, 2005, 08:42:19 PM »

The more release dates the better; some could be phantoms, but only one could be CD.

Or it could be just like Live Era, and GH 1 and every other GNR compilation type thing that gets released.

Some of the members on this board need to realize the passage of time doesn't mean CD is any closer now than it was last year. Someone bumped that read and it looks like the same drivel on this thread about how "it has to be this year."

If I were a blind Axl lover I would be concerned that he is fussing around with a GH album when CD is no where on the horizon. It should tell you about how important that album is to him that he is more concerned with a GH album than releasing CD. Because everyone on this board knows that the record company would not be pushing a GH album if CD were anywhere on the radar for a release any time soon.

Actions speak louder than words. The record company's actions tell me that if they are resorting to yet another GH that CD is not close to being done, regardless of what bad members say in emails or at their solo shows.

True, but the fact that Axl is involved this time really means something to me. Speckle in some attractive comments from Fortus and now I am genuinely excited that this could be the year.  GH 1 sold well ; axl must have noticed this. I am a believer now that this could be a strong lead in to THE release. If it's nothing more than just another red herring, then at least I get a trip to the record store to buy a GnR  product. Better than nothing. Remember this is all the natural psychology of an abused fan.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1130 on: November 23, 2005, 02:14:53 AM »

Wow, Damn

What a long thread

OK

New GNR sucks

New"GNR" does not count

Axl N' Dizzy are the only 2 remaining original members left in the band, both Axl and especially Dizzy have necer given up on Guns N' Roses.
Izzy left the band
Slash left the band
Duff left the band
Steven would rather fill himself full of smack than play Rock N' Roll

Its still GN'R as Black Sabbath were still Black Sabbath after everyone had gone apart from Tony.
Megadeath are still Megadeath
Metallica are still Metallica.

Get It

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1131 on: November 23, 2005, 02:28:35 AM »

Amen Dead_N_Bloated!

gnrevolution.com
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1132 on: November 23, 2005, 04:01:55 AM »

well atleast they will have a single out this year so stop whinging !!    yes
anythinggoes
« Reply #1133 on: November 23, 2005, 04:21:50 AM »

well atleast they will have a single out this year so stop whinging !!? ? yes

you again  rant
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #1134 on: November 23, 2005, 04:44:35 AM »

Still no news, no press release, no nothing. Either this is intended to force a release of cd in early 2006 or we are just to anxious checking for news hihi.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1135 on: November 23, 2005, 05:31:41 AM »

I say we'll have a press release this friday (11.25). In time for Thanksgiving! Grin

anythinggoes
« Reply #1136 on: November 23, 2005, 05:37:59 AM »

I say we'll have a press release this friday (11.25). In time for Thanksgiving! Grin

wouldnt that just be so nice  smoking i hope they do

if not theyll keep  Lips Sealed until the very last possible moment
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1137 on: November 23, 2005, 05:49:08 AM »

I don't know if this was posted before so:

Online Rock Radio, Greece:

A two-CD "best-of" collection from Guns N' Roses, called Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best Of Guns N' Roses, is reportedly scheduled for a December 20th release, according to MusicTap.net. The set will come in both edited and uncensored versions. A spokesperson for the band's label, Geffen Records, did confirm for us last month that another hits collection was on the way, but could not offer any details on its contents or release date.

MusicTap had initially reported a tentative release date of December 6th, but other sources, including Universal Music Norway, have suggested a March 2006 arrival for the disc.

The first Guns N' Roses hits collection, released in March of 2004, has sold more than 5 million copies worldwide.

Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose, along with former guitarist Slash and ex-bassist Duff McKagan, tried to block the release of Greatest Hits with a lawsuit, claiming that the record label had assembled the CD without their input.

The band's label, Geffen Records, insisted that it was forced to put out a greatest hits album since Axl Rose had failed to deliver the long-delayed new album, Chinese Democracy. That project has still not been scheduled for release.

From: http://www.therockradio.com/2005/11/guns-n-roses-hits-double-disc.html
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 05:58:23 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1138 on: November 23, 2005, 06:26:53 AM »

I guess its old news...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1139 on: November 23, 2005, 06:47:43 AM »

The more release dates the better; some could be phantoms, but only one could be CD.

Or it could be just like Live Era, and GH 1 and every other GNR compilation type thing that gets released.

Some of the members on this board need to realize the passage of time doesn't mean CD is any closer now than it was last year. Someone bumped that read and it looks like the same drivel on this thread about how "it has to be this year."

If I were a blind Axl lover I would be concerned that he is fussing around with a GH album when CD is no where on the horizon. It should tell you about how important that album is to him that he is more concerned with a GH album than releasing CD. Because everyone on this board knows that the record company would not be pushing a GH album if CD were anywhere on the radar for a release any time soon.

Actions speak louder than words. The record company's actions tell me that if they are resorting to yet another GH that CD is not close to being done, regardless of what bad members say in emails or at their solo shows.

True, but the fact that Axl is involved this time really means something to me. Speckle in some attractive comments from Fortus and now I am genuinely excited that this could be the year.? GH 1 sold well ; axl must have noticed this. I am a believer now that this could be a strong lead in to THE release. If it's nothing more than just another red herring, then at least I get a trip to the record store to buy a GnR? product. Better than nothing. Remember this is all the natural psychology of an abused fan.

Axl's involvement in this new Best of is more of a sign of a reuinon than Chinese Democracy. To be realistic it only means that Axl wants a real GN'R Best of/Greatest Hits album, not the 'Cheesiest GN'R songs' version.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: