Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:31:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184857 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1100 on: November 22, 2005, 03:49:41 PM »

The more release dates the better; some could be phantoms, but only one could be CD.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1101 on: November 22, 2005, 03:58:09 PM »

What F... is going on here 13 dec or 20 dec or 6 june??? drool

Damn, we need a word from Axl or Merck...

Not a chance of getting a word from Axl.

I reckon we'll get a word from Merck after the 20th Dec "release" date

Well it seems like it has been postponed to june 06...

If this is the truth... Could it means that Axl will have CD ready in 3-4 month after all??

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1102 on: November 22, 2005, 04:03:22 PM »

That was an interesting posting by toolband.com. wasn't it.

"A turkey with 2 hearts" - 2 disc album
"Well after midnight" - For sale way past the deadline for retail christmas releases
"Around 3:00 AM" - Over 2hrs of music (2 completely full cds = 2hrs 40 minutes)
"Many being of a robotic nature" - Buckethead's quirky guitar style

peace

Again i think we're just trying to make something positive outta nothing....but...we'll find out for sure in a month ok
I guess

"A traditional turkey with 2 hearts to be served after 12" - 2 disc album -> this one,  WTTJ: TVBOGNR (in Dec.)

"lots of presents under the tinsel-festooned tree, many of which being of a robotic nature,  to be opened around 3:00 AM"-> CD (in march-ish)

And don't forget that the secret burgers are to come up before them. ok
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1103 on: November 22, 2005, 04:08:13 PM »

The more release dates the better; some could be phantoms, but only one could be CD.

Or it could be just like Live Era, and GH 1 and every other GNR compilation type thing that gets released.

Some of the members on this board need to realize the passage of time doesn't mean CD is any closer now than it was last year. Someone bumped that read and it looks like the same drivel on this thread about how "it has to be this year."

If I were a blind Axl lover I would be concerned that he is fussing around with a GH album when CD is no where on the horizon. It should tell you about how important that album is to him that he is more concerned with a GH album than releasing CD. Because everyone on this board knows that the record company would not be pushing a GH album if CD were anywhere on the radar for a release any time soon.

Actions speak louder than words. The record company's actions tell me that if they are resorting to yet another GH that CD is not close to being done, regardless of what bad members say in emails or at their solo shows.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1104 on: November 22, 2005, 04:13:50 PM »

The record company's actions tell me that if they are resorting to yet another GH that CD is not close to being done, regardless of what bad members say in emails or at their solo shows.

What about what the good members say? Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1105 on: November 22, 2005, 04:16:42 PM »

This is really getting confusing.
At the retail advertising end of things, our ad the week of Dec. 13th is gone and at the printers. No GnR. The ad the week of Dec. 20th is close to being final. No sign of GnR in this ad, either.
I should note that these two weeks don't have a ton of advertising space dedicated to new releases in music. There's just not a lot that comes out these weeks, and other items including holiday music, best sellers, value CDs, etc...take up a lot of there advertising space. It's quite possible the GH CD could come out without presence in the sunday circulars.
As far as the Dec. 20th vs June 6th street dates, it's strange because nobody sets a street date for a CD that far in advance. However, I could see Geffen saying, "We're putting out a Greatest Hits in December unless we get assurance Chinese Democracy is ready for release early in 06'."
If Axl agreed, they could pull the GH package and tell stores it's delayed until June (and will actually be released then if Axl hasn't delivered CD yet".
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1106 on: November 22, 2005, 04:21:51 PM »

What about what the good members say?

Not that they aren't telling what they believe to be the truth at the time, but what does everyone think they are going to say? "Yeah, it's never coming out because Axl won't finish it." Of course not.

They want it to come out as bad as we do because they stand to profit off it. All they get now is a monthly salary to stay away. That is not nearly as good as the royalties they would get if the damn thing were ever released.

So while I'm sure they mean well, should we believe band members who have been wrong for 3 years now about when it may come out, or the record company who is scheduling GH's releases because they don't have a new product to release?

Seeing as everyone involved would profit better if CD were released, anyone with half a brain should surmize there is obviously not a finished album to release. That being the case, Axl should be worrying about that rather than fussing with GH.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1107 on: November 22, 2005, 04:25:34 PM »

Actions speak louder than words. The record company's actions tell me that if they are resorting to yet another GH that CD is not close to being done, regardless of what bad members say in emails or at their solo shows.

So basically you are saying that Axel's management, or Axl Rose as you might say, are forced to put out a greatest hits album since Axl Rose had failed to deliver the long-delayed new album, Chinese Democracy, as well? rofl rofl

Doesn't make sense to me.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1108 on: November 22, 2005, 04:39:34 PM »

As far as the Dec. 20th vs June 6th street dates, it's strange because nobody sets a street date for a CD that far in advance. However, I could see Geffen saying, "We're putting out a Greatest Hits in December unless we get assurance Chinese Democracy is ready for release early in 06'."
If Axl agreed, they could pull the GH package and tell stores it's delayed until June (and will actually be released then if Axl hasn't delivered CD yet".

Just what i meant earliere in this thread... ok
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1109 on: November 22, 2005, 05:31:37 PM »

What about what the good members say?

Not that they aren't telling what they believe to be the truth at the time, but what does everyone think they are going to say? "Yeah, it's never coming out because Axl won't finish it." Of course not.

They want it to come out as bad as we do because they stand to profit off it. All they get now is a monthly salary to stay away. That is not nearly as good as the royalties they would get if the damn thing were ever released.

So while I'm sure they mean well, should we believe band members who have been wrong for 3 years now about when it may come out, or the record company who is scheduling GH's releases because they don't have a new product to release?

Seeing as everyone involved would profit better if CD were released, anyone with half a brain should surmize there is obviously not a finished album to release. That being the case, Axl should be worrying about that rather than fussing with GH.

Just because they are in the band does not mean they will get any royalties.  The publishing rights are Axls alone. Now, if he chooses to let the others in and pay them some royalties out of Axls own pocket , then thats another story.   The band will make their money in touring.  Thats where the money is anyway. ok

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1110 on: November 22, 2005, 05:55:57 PM »

The band will make their money in touring.  Thats where the money is anyway.

This band will do very little touring if and when things get to that point.

Axl is not stable enough to go on the road for prolonged periods of time without something happening at some point to spook him and blow things up.

In 1992 walking off stage or not showing up didn't kill a tour. In 2006 if he pulls anything like what happened he will get a tour shut down just like in 02. To think he is going to go 2-3 months at a time with nothing catastrophic happening or no type of mental breakdown is being naive.

They will most likely be a band that plays a hand-ful of bigger city type shows or festivals. He can handle one-off stuff, but the daily grind of touring will lead to an implosion.

Anyone who thinks we are going to get a year and a half- 2 year world tour is kidding themselves.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #1111 on: November 22, 2005, 06:21:47 PM »

The more we know, the less we know it seems

What we know-There are apparently 2 records listed for sale at online music stores  in December: GHv2, and WTTJ, However, based on what members of this board in music retail have said, there seems little indication on the part of store chains that this is confirmed..it also appears that at the online stores this December date isn't hard (there is also mention of June 2006).

Likely possiblities based on my own conjecture:

- WTTJ will have GHv1 and GHv2 as a double disc, GHv2 is simply a standalone of what is on the double cd

- The conflicting street date info strikes me as bizzare...the only thing I can think is that there is still a fight going on b/w Axl's management and Geffen on what is supposed to be on this GH package or whether Axl can deliver what everyone really wants (new record) in time to have this whole thing pulled.

Both could be true, both could be untrue...guess we dont have much longer to wait and see.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1112 on: November 22, 2005, 06:28:39 PM »

The band will make their money in touring.? Thats where the money is anyway.

Axl is not stable enough to go on the road for prolonged periods of time without something happening at some point to spook him and blow things up.

In 1992 walking off stage or not showing up didn't kill a tour. In 2006 if he pulls anything like what happened he will get a tour shut down just like in 02. To think he is going to go 2-3 months at a time with nothing catastrophic happening or no type of mental breakdown is being naive.

They will most likely be a band that plays a hand-ful of bigger city type shows or festivals. He can handle one-off stuff, but the daily grind of touring will lead to an implosion.

Anyone who thinks we are going to get a year and a half- 2 year world tour is kidding themselves.

nonono, you have got to be kidding yourself if you believe that it was someone else who pulled the plug on Axl and not the other way around, jeeez... Lets say that if Axl wanted to do the next gig after union centre the plug was already pulled, yeah right....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #1113 on: November 22, 2005, 06:30:02 PM »

The band will make their money in touring.? Thats where the money is anyway.

hey with posts like this you'll get the next shout-out from Axl himself at the next show. Tongue  Just messin with ya!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1114 on: November 22, 2005, 06:41:02 PM »

To a certain extent, he is right. I can't see Axl touring for 2 years without shit happening, it's impossible, like mental issues, nervous breakdown, Riots etc.. he has A LOT of difficulty to deal with pressure. Axl is not like U2 or Bon Jovi, he can't tour for a long time. I hope to be wrong but...I don't know...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1115 on: November 22, 2005, 06:43:56 PM »

How long have all you known Axl?
Coz by the sounds of things you all grew up with him.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #1116 on: November 22, 2005, 06:49:42 PM »

peace

Ehh, about 14 years myself.  I keep hiding studio DAT tapes from him so he keeps starting over on CD. rofl

On topic, we really don't know anything about Axls mental stability.  Maybe he has sought help after 02 and he's in a better place now.  Who knows.  But with the 6-6-06 date floating around, I have "a new hope" for CD. 

*que Star Wars music*

badapple81
« Reply #1117 on: November 22, 2005, 07:05:13 PM »

To a certain extent, he is right. I can't see Axl touring for 2 years without shit happening, it's impossible, like mental issues, nervous breakdown, Riots etc.. he has A LOT of difficulty to deal with pressure. Axl is not like U2 or Bon Jovi, he can't tour for a long time. I hope to be wrong but...I don't know...

You know nothing about mental issues, nervous breakdowns etc so stick to the facts.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1118 on: November 22, 2005, 07:21:18 PM »

peace

Ehh, about 14 years myself.? I keep hiding studio DAT tapes from him so he keeps starting over on CD. rofl

On topic, we really don't know anything about Axls mental stability.? Maybe he has sought help after 02 and he's in a better place now.? Who knows.? But with the 6-6-06 date floating around, I have "a new hope" for CD.?

*que Star Wars music*

releasing it on 06/06/06 would be such a cheesy and unlikely scenario though dont you think?

sure, for a satanic death metal band im sure they'll be queueing up to release something on this date, but Axl/Guns have never been about anything vaguely satanic??

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #1119 on: November 22, 2005, 07:28:36 PM »

peace

Ehh, about 14 years myself.? I keep hiding studio DAT tapes from him so he keeps starting over on CD. rofl

On topic, we really don't know anything about Axls mental stability.? Maybe he has sought help after 02 and he's in a better place now.? Who knows.? But with the 6-6-06 date floating around, I have "a new hope" for CD.?

*que Star Wars music*

releasing it on 06/06/06 would be such a cheesy and unlikely scenario though dont you think?

sure, for a satanic death metal band im sure they'll be queueing up to release something on this date, but Axl/Guns have never been about anything vaguely satanic??

Eh, I'm thinking really from a business standpoint.  Start of summer, right after RIR.  Seems like a good time for me.  And that date will stick in your head. 6/6/06, the return hihi.  Now thats cheesy!

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: