Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185141 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1000 on: November 21, 2005, 03:02:12 PM »

In the case of the UYI Demo's that we have heard. How many of those were recorded and mixed for use in Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 and then scrapped? for example, we have heard the "demo" of Crash Diet, but was it ever recorded by the band then shelved never to be heard because of the rush to get an album out in 91'.

Based on the lack of Studio leaks for CD, I'm sure there have got to be some hold over studio tracks from the old band that have never been leaked.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1001 on: November 21, 2005, 03:26:59 PM »

we have to buy this, if this bombs it may shake axl's confidence and we never see CD, if it sells well it may drive him out of his cave and make him realize that he is still valid.

I definitely believe this best of signals great things to come next spring/summer.

That or Axl is broke cause there is no way he'd fight the first one so vehemently and then give his blessing to a second one with no fight.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1002 on: November 21, 2005, 03:35:21 PM »

we have to buy this, if this bombs it may shake axl's confidence and we never see CD, if it sells well it may drive him out of his cave and make him realize that he is still valid.

I definitely believe this best of signals great things to come next spring/summer.

That or Axl is broke cause there is no way he'd fight the first one so vehemently and then give his blessing to a second one with no fight.

Broke?  I sure hope not after signing that publishing deal with Sanctuary, where he got a, what, $20 million advance.

I hope he didn't go through that already - for his sake.

Ali
Almost Famous
« Reply #1003 on: November 21, 2005, 03:38:57 PM »

D? - I think that your avatar is a fairly accurate analogy for what the life of a GN'R fan is like. I'll love my Buckcherry and Louis XIV, but sometimes my soul and pocketbook need a good reverse neck squasher - that's when I come back to Axl-land for a while.

Who knows what my cash will be spent on, but one thing is for certain, he's getting my money whether I like it or not. That's called dedication (read mental retardation). He got it last time a live album was released. He got it the last time a GH was released. He'll get it when this collection of armpit farts gets released. It's just the way it is. Nothing will coax him out of hiding but his own stirring desire to do so.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #1004 on: November 21, 2005, 03:39:49 PM »

we have to buy this, if this bombs it may shake axl's confidence and we never see CD, if it That or Axl is broke cause there is no way he'd fight the first one so vehemently and then give his blessing to a second one with no fight.

Or he recognized a losing battle. ?If he lost in court once, why waste money trying to fight it again? ?If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?
conny
« Reply #1005 on: November 21, 2005, 03:40:07 PM »

That didn't happen when the first GH sold over 2 million copies. We should that happen now?

That or Axl is broke...

With this year's publishing deal in mind, I doubt he's facing any financial problems at the moment.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1006 on: November 21, 2005, 03:42:21 PM »

I don't think this one can affect the CD release anymore. And it will sell well anyway. peace
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #1007 on: November 21, 2005, 03:43:45 PM »

MY guess is taht disc one will be the best of the released stuff and disc two will be rare demos maybe just the unwanted ilussions disc will a couple more songs who knows we could even get the some of the 95 and 96 shit they were working on that would be too good to be true though
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1008 on: November 21, 2005, 03:45:35 PM »

some guy on the Velvet Rope said there is no new material but there will be some rare and unreleased material.

Velvet Ropers are serious epicurean assholes when it comes to Axl and Guns N Roses. Most doubt the album will ever come out and those that acknowledge its existence claim Axl has not only jumped the shark but been devoured and excreted by it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Almost Famous
« Reply #1009 on: November 21, 2005, 03:49:34 PM »

some guy on the Velvet Rope said there is no new material but there will be some rare and unreleased material.

Velvet Ropers are serious epicurean assholes when it comes to Axl and Guns N Roses. Most doubt the album will ever come out and those that acknowledge its existence claim Axl has not only jumped the shark but been devoured and excreted by it.

With the exception of the one they call 'GordonPymPoe'.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1010 on: November 21, 2005, 03:52:34 PM »

Not too hard to guess. I posted an imaginary tracklisting a couple days ago with such stuff. And there is no way in hell there's gonna be new material on GH2 (for many reasons we listed in this thread), so this guy could just be guessing. It will probably end up like this though: unreleased tracks spread within a classic best of.

I'm willing to bet on the following: Don't Cry [demo], Shadow Of Your Love, Crash Diet and possibly Jumping Jack Flash, November Rain [demo] and Heartbreak Hotel or Sentimental Movie.

Any possibility of some songs from those sessions before the original band split up?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1011 on: November 21, 2005, 03:54:36 PM »

I'm willing to bet on the following: Don't Cry [demo], Shadow Of Your Love, Crash Diet and possibly Jumping Jack Flash, November Rain [demo] and Heartbreak Hotel or Sentimental Movie.

dont forget Just Another Sunday and Cornshucker, havent heard Cornshucker but if they have Just Another Sunday on there i'd probably buy it its pretty rough and unfinished but i really like it for some reason.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1012 on: November 21, 2005, 04:04:34 PM »

I would be surprised if they included things like Crash Diet and Sentimental Movie on this album. Those songs are very far from "finished".

Jumping Jack Flash and Heartbreak Hotel are more likely to be included in my opinion. It's the full band playing and not some drum machine....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #1013 on: November 21, 2005, 04:32:16 PM »

Killin', I know that but this post spoke with what seems to be a little knowledge of the situation. He wasn't bashing or anything, just responding to another post.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1014 on: November 21, 2005, 04:40:10 PM »

I would be surprised if they included things like Crash Diet and Sentimental Movie on this album. Those songs are very far from "finished".
These are the versions we know. It could be better versions in the GNR camp.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1015 on: November 21, 2005, 04:48:22 PM »

Any possibility of some songs from those sessions before the original band split up?

I personally don't think so, unfortunately. Sad For starters, I don't think there were even vocals on those demos/ tracks. If I remember correctly, Zakk Wylde said Axl was just too busy with legal things going on at the time to think of something else and sit down to write down some lyrics. Those would be from, say, late '93 up to late '95 (minus the Snakepit thing). Izzy apparently came back in '96 to write some stuff with Axl ("Down By The Sea" if I'm correct...?), I would love to hear what it sounds like. I don't think we will ever hear any of these tracks though... Sad

These are the versions we know. It could be better versions in the GNR camp.

Voodoochild stole my answer. Smiley Of course I don't think they would release raw demos with a drum machine on them... Wink

madagas
« Reply #1016 on: November 21, 2005, 04:58:03 PM »

I wonder if Reckless Life was a studio outtake from AFD. What about a studio recording of Move to the City? Clink said they had about 20 songs for AFD. I bet there is so more advanced demos than what we have-especially something like Nov Rain which was done all kinds of different ways.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1017 on: November 21, 2005, 04:59:49 PM »

Both reckless Life and Move to the City are studio recordings from Live Like A #@!# Suicide which was before AFD

madagas
« Reply #1018 on: November 21, 2005, 05:05:34 PM »

I thought they were Live tracks with maybe some vocal overdubs, but the instrumentals were live??? Huh
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1019 on: November 21, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »

I thought they were Live tracks with maybe some vocal overdubs, but the instrumentals were live??? Huh

Nope studio tracks with a crowd dubbed in

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: