Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185294 times)
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #960 on: November 21, 2005, 12:10:10 AM »

One Thing That I haven't heard anyone mention is that if Axl is behind this (his tracklisting) there is a decent chance that he will put a new song on there from the new band.  I just hope there is something new on this that isn't available on any other GNR cd, even if its OMG. 

Skol Vikings
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #961 on: November 21, 2005, 12:14:58 AM »

One Thing That I haven't heard anyone mention is that if Axl is behind this (his tracklisting) there is a decent chance that he will put a new song on there from the new band. I just hope there is something new on this that isn't available on any other GNR cd, even if its OMG.
no
Slash wouldn't be satisfied with the tracklist in this case.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #962 on: November 21, 2005, 12:18:48 AM »

i reckon we'll get Oh My God thrown in it!!! ok ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #963 on: November 21, 2005, 12:20:24 AM »

has mystereon commented on this at all?  i might have missed it in the 40 pages?  there is pretty much no chance that thsi is CD....at this point i'm  just hoping for atleast one new song.... not crashdiet or and unreleased demo either... but a brand new studio track.   

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #964 on: November 21, 2005, 12:24:22 AM »

Assuming that Universal/Interscope/Geffen is seriously planning on releasing this I also can conclude that they have very boring and dull imaginations. Guns N' Roses is one of the biggest bands of the last 20 years. With only 3 original albums; 1 EP, 1 live album,1 'Greatest Hits', 1 cover album, and a lifespan of about only 6 years that has perplexed a worldwide collective sales quota of about 90 million records wordlwide, Guns N' Roses has proved to be one of the most important bands of the last two decades.

The state of the band's presentation of their past catalog is lame and ludicrous for a band with this much tenacity and vitality to its name. Instead of releasing this 2-Disc 'Best Of' album fallacy record executives should be focused on a much wider picture that would include this (according my opinion and inheritence to knowledgable facts):

-Re-release Appetite For Destruction in a Dual Disc format that would include intensely and sharply remastered tracks in a new and technologically up-to-date format and on the other side include a 1st Generation DVD DTS or 5.1 Surround edition of the '1988 Ritz' concert with artsy menus and whatnot.

-Re-release GN'R Lies and "The Spaghetti Incident?" and apply the same treatment to the tracks as is proposed to Appetite to Destruction tracks. These 2 albums would not include a double, second side though.

-Re-release both Use Your Illusion albums and apply the same treatment to the tracks as is proposed to Appetite to Destruction, GN'R Lies,and "The Spaghetti Incident?" tracks. On these two discs they would include a second side (Dual Disc) that would include a DVD DTS or 5.1 Surround edition of the 08.31.91 - Wembley Stadium, London, England show on Volume I and a shortened DVD DTS or 5.1 Surround edition of the 06.06.92 - Hippodrome De Vincennes, Paris, France show included on the second side of Volume II.

-Re-release 'Greatest Hits' with a second bonus disc that would include rare, unreleased remastered demos and B sides.

These discs would be re-released with an additional cardboard inlay or metal inlay as found on the 'T2:Ultimate Edition' DVD.

-Release a new single and video in late February.

-Then, in mid-March, release Chinese Democracy.

^^
Hahahahahaha.......if only they would listen! drool
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #965 on: November 21, 2005, 12:37:36 AM »

Who said this was called "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of"?  All I know is that an album called "Welcome To The Jungle" by the band Guns N' Roses, is due for release on 12/20/05.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CCBC6W/002-8985203-7940839?v=glance&n=5174&s=music&v=glance

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #966 on: November 21, 2005, 01:09:02 AM »

Well, how many of you have pre ordered it? Cheesy

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #967 on: November 21, 2005, 01:34:14 AM »

Here is something else. If it only sells a half million copies the riaa will credit them with a million sales since its a double album.

I just dont see what songs they can put on vol II to complete the set since GH1 was really just missing estranged, browstone, easy and night train.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #968 on: November 21, 2005, 03:39:52 AM »

One Thing That I haven't heard anyone mention is that if Axl is behind this (his tracklisting) there is a decent chance that he will put a new song on there from the new band. I just hope there is something new on this that isn't available on any other GNR cd, even if its OMG.
no
Slash wouldn't be satisfied with the tracklist in this case.

Not necessarily. A new track could generate more interest which means more money.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #969 on: November 21, 2005, 04:53:54 AM »

the only way i buy this is with a studio track i dont have even if thats just a studio version of CD, The Blues, MadagascasrI'd much prefer Rhyad or IRS or something ive never haeard of, but i don't think i can dream that big

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #970 on: November 21, 2005, 05:24:58 AM »

Just one new unreleased song (OMG is released, Madagascar is unreleased) and I would buy it.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #971 on: November 21, 2005, 06:02:29 AM »

If it has a new track, I'll buy it. Even if its to show Axl some support for releasing CD. In my ideal world it'll be some hits, maybe a couple of old tracks (crash diet, jumpin jack flash) and an unreleased track. That would make it just about worthwhile.

Here today...ready to rock
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #972 on: November 21, 2005, 06:16:49 AM »

Well, since I'm collecting everything GN'R, I'll buy it anyway...  Grin

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #973 on: November 21, 2005, 06:21:19 AM »

I didnt get The Greatest Hits album coz Axl did not want it released. But now since he has apparently got something to do with it. I can finally get another GN'R cd.

Did many of u not buy the last one due to Axl not wanting it released?

peace

P.S If there is a new track I think it will prolly be maddy

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #974 on: November 21, 2005, 06:59:59 AM »

Halfin:

"We discuss the two versions of Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits Vol II. One is done by Axel's management. Slash says the track listing is good but the politics from Axel's management leave a lot to be desired. The other is done by Universal"

I am very confused: Universal already HAS put out a Greatest Hits CD, I seriously doubt they can put out another one, as far as the discussion goes wether it still has to be decided which tracklist "WTTJ" has!? Cmon it is 2 CDs that is half of all songs they ever recorded, where would they get all these songs from to fill 2 brand new CDs? (considering gh 1 songs are not put AGAIN on GH 2 since they were already on GH 1). They would have to put half of TSI and the rest of the other albums on it.

I really think that this is actually gonna be an updated brand new packaged version of gh 1, with the original gh 1 tracklist on one cd(which is Universals Version) and then Axl`s version of gh on the other CD. So actually we might end up having Estranged, November Rain and Patience on 3!!!!! different discs. That is what I call BS.

But real BS is that sanctuary claims to know nothing! That is really lame...
duga
VIP

« Reply #975 on: November 21, 2005, 07:06:36 AM »

Halfin:

"We discuss the two versions of Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits Vol II. One is done by Axel's management. Slash says the track listing is good but the politics from Axel's management leave a lot to be desired. The other is done by Universal"

I am very confused: Universal already HAS put out a Greatest Hits CD, I seriously doubt they can put out another one, as far as the discussion goes wether it still has to be decided which tracklist "WTTJ" has!? Cmon it is 2 CDs that is half of all songs they ever recorded, where would they get all these songs from to fill 2 brand new CDs? (considering gh 1 songs are not put AGAIN on GH 2 since they were already on GH 1). They would have to put half of TSI and the rest of the other albums on it.

I really think that this is actually gonna be an updated brand new packaged version of gh 1, with the original gh 1 tracklist on one cd(which is Universals Version) and then Axl`s version of gh on the other CD. So actually we might end up having Estranged, November Rain and Patience on 3!!!!! different discs. That is what I call BS.

But real BS is that sanctuary claims to know nothing! That is really lame...

Estranged on 3 discs? Yes, If you count UIYII and GH2 x 2. But then you'll have November Rain on 4 discs; UIYI, GH and GH2 x 2. Correct?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #976 on: November 21, 2005, 07:22:30 AM »

There won't be any new track from the new line-up. This is gonna be old GN'R stuff (hopefully some demos and unreleased tracks though). Axl doesn't want to mix the two line-ups. And Universal doesn't have any of the new songs beside Oh My God (which I doubt they'd be willing to put on a best of).

MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #977 on: November 21, 2005, 07:55:04 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is. It's fairly common for a record label to release a "Greatest Hits" album for a major act and then come back a couple years later with a more extensive 2CD "Best Of" collection. I believe Sony did this very recently with Michael Jackson. A single disc "Number Ones" was released in November of 2003 and then a 2CD "Essential" collection was released this past July. Granted, Guns N' Roses doesn't have a very extensive catalog, but with many of their songs being a bit lengthy, a 2CD "Best Of" set could very easily be comprised of 25-30 tracks as opposed to the 36-40 tracks that maybe another artist would need to fill up two discs.

The three AFD songs that appear on GH could easily be joined by It's So Easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, Think About You, and Rocket Queen. The three acoustic tracks from GN'R Lies that didn't appear on GH could be added to round out the first disc. As for disc two, the three UYI 1 songs could be joined by The Garden, Garden Of Eden and Dead Horse. The four UYI 2 songs could be joined by Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics) and Estranged. I'd imagine one tune from The Spaghetti Incident? would make the cut, perhaps Attitude since it wasn't on GH and seemed to be a live staple for a while. Seeing as how Universal owns the End of Days soundtrack, Oh My God I guess would serve the purpose that Sympathy For The Devil did for GH as the "new" song that someone wouldn't have if they only owned the albums.

Who knows what the track list will actually look like, but judging by how similar situations have been handled in the past, one disc with almost all of AFD with the acoustic tracks from Lies and one disc comprised of UYI songs with maybe one TSI? track and Oh My God seems like a good bet. Certainly, such a release would have little appeal to a longtime fan who already owns GNR's back catalog, but the same could be said for the Greatest Hits record, which turned out to be a huge success. One thing is for sure, this project was never intended to be a Greatest Hits Volume II, simply a more extensive and expensive version of what was released previously.

duga
VIP

« Reply #978 on: November 21, 2005, 09:00:56 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is. It's fairly common for a record label to release a "Greatest Hits" album for a major act and then come back a couple years later with a more extensive 2CD "Best Of" collection. I believe Sony did this very recently with Michael Jackson. A single disc "Number Ones" was released in November of 2003 and then a 2CD "Essential" collection was released this past July. Granted, Guns N' Roses doesn't have a very extensive catalog, but with many of their songs being a bit lengthy, a 2CD "Best Of" set could very easily be comprised of 25-30 tracks as opposed to the 36-40 tracks that maybe another artist would need to fill up two discs.

The three AFD songs that appear on GH could easily be joined by It's So Easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, Think About You, and Rocket Queen. The three acoustic tracks from GN'R Lies that didn't appear on GH could be added to round out the first disc. As for disc two, the three UYI 1 songs could be joined by The Garden, Garden Of Eden and Dead Horse. The four UYI 2 songs could be joined by Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics) and Estranged. I'd imagine one tune from The Spaghetti Incident? would make the cut, perhaps Attitude since it wasn't on GH and seemed to be a live staple for a while. Seeing as how Universal owns the End of Days soundtrack, Oh My God I guess would serve the purpose that Sympathy For The Devil did for GH as the "new" song that someone wouldn't have if they only owned the albums.

Who knows what the track list will actually look like, but judging by how similar situations have been handled in the past, one disc with almost all of AFD with the acoustic tracks from Lies and one disc comprised of UYI songs with maybe one TSI? track and Oh My God seems like a good bet. Certainly, such a release would have little appeal to a longtime fan who already owns GNR's back catalog, but the same could be said for the Greatest Hits record, which turned out to be a huge success. One thing is for sure, this project was never intended to be a Greatest Hits Volume II, simply a more extensive and expensive version of what was released previously.

Uhm, I'm pretty sure they won't put One in a million on it  hihi

madagas
« Reply #979 on: November 21, 2005, 09:11:15 AM »

I think this may be Axl's swan song on Geffen. Something is going on and it's not good. It also seems like something may have happened in the lawsuit. How would Axl have the full power to run a Gnr release? Something's cookin'. nervous
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: