Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:22:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185369 times)
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #940 on: November 20, 2005, 08:12:23 PM »

Why? I heard from inside sources Geffon is going to try and drop GNR and claim they own CD. Geffon doesnt want CD coming out on a different label but at the same time they want to drop GNR. Apparently Geffon is ready for a war in court.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #941 on: November 20, 2005, 08:13:39 PM »

Who's geffon?  Tongue

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #942 on: November 20, 2005, 08:14:46 PM »

They know CD is going to be huge...always have.  If a band has been gone THAT long and suddenly drops a long awaited album it's going to be huge.  Especially if it's by the biggest band of them all.
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #943 on: November 20, 2005, 08:15:44 PM »

ha ha ha ha
Guns N Roses caring about fans.
ha ha ha ha
Don't kid yourself
Evolution
« Reply #944 on: November 20, 2005, 08:17:55 PM »

This is such a crazy story hihi Only in GNR
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #945 on: November 20, 2005, 08:18:04 PM »

I love how Axl has all sorts of free time to play with video game soundtracks and GH albums, but has conviently forgotten about that album he was supposed to finish and release.

I don't know why we even bother sometimes, he is obviously not serious about finishing CD if he is fussing with a GH album.
MAD at NASCAR
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #946 on: November 20, 2005, 08:20:13 PM »

Why? I heard from inside sources Geffon is going to try and drop GNR and claim they own CD. Geffon doesnt want CD coming out on a different label but at the same time they want to drop GNR. Apparently Geffon is ready for a war in court.

if this is true then theres a good possibilty we will never see CD. i think that if Axl doesnt do release it his way he would rather it never be released. it almost reminds me of the interview axl gave regarding nov rain saying that if it wasnt recorded properly he would quit the music buisness all together! Shocked
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #947 on: November 20, 2005, 08:21:32 PM »

Who is Sam Goody?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Sterlingdog
« Reply #948 on: November 20, 2005, 08:23:42 PM »

After reading it a couple times, I think that there are two possible versions of Greatest Hits II.  They are trying to decide between the two, but in the end, only one will be released.  That's my guess, anyway.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #949 on: November 20, 2005, 08:26:47 PM »

After reading it a couple times, I think that there are two possible versions of Greatest Hits II.? They are trying to decide between the two, but in the end, only one will be released.? That's my guess, anyway.

Don't think Axl will be pleased if the Universal one is picked..  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2005, 09:12:47 PM »

Firstly its Geffen, Secondly Geffen isnt the same label Axl was dealing with in the mid/late 90s, they are now owned by Universal who own shitloads of other Labels and call all the shots. It would be a huge mistake to drop them, i dont think it will happen. Of course they are pissed about the lack of Chinese Democracy, dropping them is a bit extreme, that would just cause shitloads of problems with all the old material and would probably destroy Axl.

I mean where would he go...... Sanctuary??? HAHAHAHA God please no!

Jonx
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #951 on: November 20, 2005, 09:27:24 PM »

After reading it a couple times, I think that there are two possible versions of Greatest Hits II.? They are trying to decide between the two, but in the end, only one will be released.? That's my guess, anyway.

Apparently you're the only one in this thread that can read - good job.

ok
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #952 on: November 20, 2005, 10:12:32 PM »

Apparently you're the only one in this thread that can read - good job.

ok

*ahem*
excuse me? Wink

I took this to mean there are two versions in consideration with regard to the tracklist, not that they are releasing two different versions

« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 10:19:21 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #953 on: November 20, 2005, 10:25:31 PM »

The plot thickens?? rofl rofl I think the plot is thinning out. Has a band ever released a hits album months before releasing one with new material? Its starting to look like CD has been delayed again. I think we can pretty much rule out 2006, because I cant imagine Axl wanting to promote the new band with a 2 cd set of hits by the old band. Hey Axl: Thanks for "burying" AFD! rofl

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #954 on: November 20, 2005, 10:37:51 PM »

I meant that regarding the process surrounding the greatest hits II, whatever...

I didn't try to imply that it would be CD in any way. It's not going to be CD.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #955 on: November 20, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

The only truth right now is that this version of GH is being sanctioned by Axl and, imminently, Slash. The million dollar question is when did the two camps decide to collaborate on this package and what does this mean for a.) the lawsuit  b.) Chinese Democracy.

Wouldn't Axl's contribution to the tracklisting support his claim to a portion of the publication rights over the old catalog? This was the main power that Slash and Duff were trying to remove from Axl.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #956 on: November 20, 2005, 11:04:10 PM »

Hey Axl: Thanks for "burying" AFD! rofl

Grin
yeah, thanks also for having "a good idea about getting things from point A to point B and knowing what the job is that we have to do. "
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 11:13:40 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #957 on: November 20, 2005, 11:06:22 PM »

The only truth right now is that this version of GH is being sanctioned by Axl and, imminently, Slash. The million dollar question is when did the two camps decide to collaborate on this package and what does this mean for a.) the lawsuit? b.) Chinese Democracy.

Wouldn't Axl's contribution to the tracklisting support his claim to a portion of the publication rights over the old catalog? This was the main power that Slash and Duff were trying to remove from Axl.
Very good point. ok If they were fighting each other through the courts, you wouldn't think they would be civil over something like this. Very strange. Maybe there's a possibility of a settlement in the court case. I dont really know how much it impacts Chinese Democracy, but it cant be considered good news. Axl said the last GH would delay CD, so what is a 2 disc set of hits gonna do to the project? confused

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #958 on: November 20, 2005, 11:39:11 PM »

Ok...I know nobody likes to take the information from DJ's seriously (me included)...but yeaterday I was in my car listening to the Sirius Octane channel and After playing "Paradise City" the DJ said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Well, the record company's getting sick of waiting for Axl to deliver Chinese Democracy...so on December 20th their gonna release another greatest hits album called 'Welcome to the Jungle'.  They're gonna release two versions of this...one which will feature the original studio cuts, and one that will be edited for the kiddies."

So...if this guys is right and this is true, it would actually give me a reason to buy this GHII, in my opinion...I'm talking the edited version.  How fun would that be to listen to a clean version of "Get In The Ring"?

-B

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Evolution
« Reply #959 on: November 20, 2005, 11:42:25 PM »

Who is Sam Goody?

peace

I think its a chain of record stores in the US
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: