Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185607 times)
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #860 on: November 19, 2005, 05:25:18 PM »

uhhh......have you listened to the radio lately?

ricky martin.......
arrozemeri
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #861 on: November 19, 2005, 05:26:43 PM »

I'm going to piss some people off because this has probably already been addressed, but I'm just too hung over to look back through 44 pages of comments to see if someone else thinks the same......

Is it possible that this Greatest Hits is re-recordings from the new band? ?Didn't Axl say they already re-recorded all the old songs and were going to release them someday? ?I think I read that somewhere a few years ago. ?Maybe here.

Maybe it is Greatest Hits. ?And maybe it's a chance for us to warm up to the new band/sound before Chinese Democracy is released.

Anyway, like I said, somebody most likely wrote all this nonsense already. ?Hope I'm not inconveniencing anyone by posting this.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #862 on: November 19, 2005, 06:49:11 PM »

Ok, here's my take on the tracklisting. It's a "Best Of", so maybe they can put less known stuff, we'll see:

CD1 [Early Days]:

01- Welcome To The Jungle
02- It's So Easy
03- Nightrain
04- Paradise City
05- Reckless Life
06- Mama Kin
07- Sweet Child O'Mine
08- Rocket Queen
09- Patience
10- Used To Love Her
11- Shadow Of Your Love [demo]
12- Welcome To The Jungle [live]
13- It's So Easy [live]
14- Crash Diet [demo]
15- Don't Cry [demo]
16- Nightrain [live]

(Approx running time: 74 min.)

CD2 [Latter Days]:

01- Live And Let Die 
02- Don't Cry (Original) 
03- November Rain 
04- Civil War
05- Yesterdays
06- Don't Damm Me
07- Dead Horse
08- Knockin' On Heavens Door
09- Locomotive
10- Coma
11- Estranged
12- You Could Be Mine

(Approx running time: 76 min.)

There's a very good chance it won't be that at all. Grin It's more what I think could happen, but I know it's a little far fetched, with the demos and stuff (especially Crash Diet). Wink I realized pretty quickly that you could fill up a CD real fast with songs like November Rain, Civil War, Coma, Estranged and Locomotive...lol (yeah I know, CD2 wouldn't be really useful to hardcore fans! Grin - but maybe CD1 would make you buy the CD set, that's the commercial spirit! hihi )

jeez, that is almost the entire catalog. I cannot understand why someone wouldn't just buy the old albums. What is next? a boxset of all the previously released songs?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #863 on: November 19, 2005, 07:00:07 PM »

Ok, here's my take on the tracklisting. It's a "Best Of", so maybe they can put less known stuff, we'll see:

CD1 [Early Days]:

01- Welcome To The Jungle
02- It's So Easy
03- Nightrain
04- Paradise City
05- Reckless Life
06- Mama Kin
07- Sweet Child O'Mine
08- Rocket Queen
09- Patience
10- Used To Love Her
11- Shadow Of Your Love [demo]
12- Welcome To The Jungle [live]
13- It's So Easy [live]
14- Crash Diet [demo]
15- Don't Cry [demo]
16- Nightrain [live]

(Approx running time: 74 min.)

CD2 [Latter Days]:

01- Live And Let Die?
02- Don't Cry (Original)?
03- November Rain?
04- Civil War
05- Yesterdays
06- Don't Damm Me
07- Dead Horse
08- Knockin' On Heavens Door
09- Locomotive
10- Coma
11- Estranged
12- You Could Be Mine

(Approx running time: 76 min.)

There's a very good chance it won't be that at all. Grin It's more what I think could happen, but I know it's a little far fetched, with the demos and stuff (especially Crash Diet). Wink I realized pretty quickly that you could fill up a CD real fast with songs like November Rain, Civil War, Coma, Estranged and Locomotive...lol (yeah I know, CD2 wouldn't be really useful to hardcore fans! Grin - but maybe CD1 would make you buy the CD set, that's the commercial spirit! hihi )

jeez, that is almost the entire catalog. I cannot understand why someone wouldn't just buy the old albums. What is next? a boxset of all the previously released songs?
Yes, that is probably whats next. After that, In 2007, GNR will probably rerelease a 15th year anniversary edition of The Tokyo concert DVDs.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #864 on: November 19, 2005, 09:00:07 PM »

Oh my god. On TWO SEPARATE DVDs! Sad That is so awful. No band dares to do that today. That is pretty sad that GN'R has been basically the only Universal artist/ band to release a concert DVD in DVD5 format (single sided) with Dolby 2.0 sound (almost all the other artists have LPCM/ Dolby 5.1 and often DTS 5.1 now). So fuckin sad. Sad

On topic: Yeah I know it's basically all the songs they released. But we'll just see in 4 weeks, I guess... Wink

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #865 on: November 19, 2005, 09:47:41 PM »

Oh my god. On TWO SEPARATE DVDs! Sad That is so awful. No band dares to do that today. That is pretty sad that GN'R has been basically the only Universal artist/ band to release a concert DVD in DVD5 format (single sided) with Dolby 2.0 sound (almost all the other artists have LPCM/ Dolby 5.1 and often DTS 5.1 now). So fuckin sad. Sad

On topic: Yeah I know it's basically all the songs they released. But we'll just see in 4 weeks, I guess... Wink

It's a good list, Will. I am still incredulous that the label would take this route.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #866 on: November 19, 2005, 09:54:58 PM »

Seriously, has anyone asked Sanctuary whether CD is due to be released in December?

If they categorically deny it, then we can all forget the cover-up conspiracies (as much as I want them to be true)

Here today...ready to rock
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #867 on: November 19, 2005, 10:14:50 PM »

This should be intreresting,  is its the New Band GH2 or Old Band GH2?  If its the New Guns N Roses were in for some fun, I've been saying this for a while now, I think it is the new GNR's WTTJ Greatest Hits2, ( Axl's favorites) March 06 Single C.I.R.  April 2006 Chinese Democracy peace 3 2 1... start bashin.... tell me why this couldn't be or why its gonna be....

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #868 on: November 19, 2005, 10:54:44 PM »

This should be intreresting,  is its the New Band GH2 or Old Band GH2?  If its the New Guns N Roses were in for some fun, I've been saying this for a while now, I think it is the new GNR's WTTJ Greatest Hits2, ( Axl's favorites) March 06 Single C.I.R.  April 2006 Chinese Democracy peace 3 2 1... start bashin.... tell me why this couldn't be or why its gonna be....

Actually you have been saying its CD not the new bands greatest hits, stop flip slopping. Secondly the new band hasnt re-recorded the entire back catalogue. They only recorded Appetite, which as you know, would only fill 1 cd not 2.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #869 on: November 19, 2005, 11:45:58 PM »

hmm Wink

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #870 on: November 20, 2005, 12:27:15 AM »

It couldn't be the new band. Slash would have to sign off on it for it to happen. I doubt that  happens.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #871 on: November 20, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »

Sign off on what?

DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #872 on: November 20, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »

paper
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #873 on: November 20, 2005, 02:07:00 AM »

paper

with ink, no less.

Actually, i'm not sure now whether Slash would have to sign off on a GH recorded by the new band. Since this would a release under the new GnR band, he may not have an avenue to block it; he would get money from the release though, substantial money if it sold.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:11:51 AM by killingvector » Logged

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #874 on: November 20, 2005, 07:02:11 AM »

I am really starting to think that there is definetely something big going on here now. I do not believe that it is going to be another Greatest Hits, but either: a cover up for the announcement of the album release date, a new single, or very unlikely the actual release of Chinese Democracy. The reason I am starting to think this is because: (a) There has been absolutely no word from Sanctuary or Merck. (b) Nothing from Geffen. (c) The band members have gone very quiet in the last week or two. (d) no word at all from the ex band members. (If it were going to be a release of old material they surely would have had something to say by now. (e) No tracklisting yet announced, mmn that seems very strange!

It all seems a little too odd to me that if it is really is going to be another Greatest Hits package, Geffen would surely have announced it officialy by now. Its not even listed on their website. This for a release that is only a month away for fucks sake! Not the best marketing for something from Guns N Roses. We keep hearing these rumours about it, that have apparently come from Geffen insiders, but yet there is still no real cast in stone official news. I know there have been things popped on Billboard, Amazon, MusicTap.net & Reuters (i dont know who they are, I guess its some trustworthy corporation in America). Could it be that little snippets are being leaked out of the record company on purpose to these organisations to get people talking and get the rumour machine revving up? But there is nothing official at all from the record company, the band or the management, to actually say this thing is coming out! Thats what makes me think there is something big going on here, much more than meets the eye and certainly more than another pointless Greatest Hits! Just my thoughts of course, I just wandered what all you people out there thought? Mike
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 08:57:46 AM by 33 » Logged

DemocracyRose
« Reply #875 on: November 20, 2005, 07:10:48 AM »

I see what you mean...

And i hope youre right... ok
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #876 on: November 20, 2005, 07:26:47 AM »

I am really starting to think that there is definetely something big going on here now. I do not believe that it is going to be another Greatest Hits, but either: a cover up for the announcement of the album release date, a new single, or very unlikely the actual release of Chinese Democracy. The reason I am starting to think this is because: (a) There has been absolutely no word from Sanctuary or Merck. (b) Nothing from Geffen. (c) The band members have gone very quiet in the last week or two. (d) no word at all from the ex band members. (If it were going to be a release of old material they surely would have had something to say by now. (e) No tracklisting yet announced, mmn that seems very strange!

Regardless of the fact I don't think its Chinese Democracy I think you have a point and I can understand why people do think its a cover up. The option you didn't mention however is in fact there is nothing planned and someone at the record company is piling the pressure on Axl by threatening another release.

Here today...ready to rock
mustashius
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #877 on: November 20, 2005, 07:34:02 AM »

Well, it's Victory or Death then hihi

I've seen a rich man beg
I"ve seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #878 on: November 20, 2005, 08:53:32 AM »

The option you didn't mention however is in fact there is nothing planned and someone at the record company is piling the pressure on Axl by threatening another release.

Yeh but we dont really know that do we? It may well be that there is a hell of a lot planned and we are just about to find out all about it! And thats the point of a lot of my post above. The silence from all concerned makes no sense! Mike

patvalley
« Reply #879 on: November 20, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »

If they really are putting out a Greatest Hits 2, ...what the fuck will be on it??? Seriously...Greatest Hits 1 had all of the real hits. So is this going to be just #1 along with another CD of tracks that the mainstream never truly gave a shit about??

I personally think it must be some sort of cover up. I can't even begin to describe how little sense it would make to put out GH 2 years in a row...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: