Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185737 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #820 on: November 18, 2005, 05:22:02 PM »

So I've been thinking about this a bit for the last couple of days wishfully thinking that it too was a cover-up for Chinese Democracy (or something else cool). ?I just didn't understand why a major record company would release a second greatest hits album by a high-profile band so soon after the first.

Then, I went to Target yesterday and noticed a new "greatest hits" type album from Nirvana...this right after last year's releases of the Nirvana rarity box set and the Nirvana Greatest Hits CD's. ?Does anyone know the details of the new Nirvana CD and the differences between it and last year's releases? ?Maybe that would give us an idea of how this could possibly [not] be a cover-up.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #821 on: November 18, 2005, 05:26:30 PM »

I've heard some bad stuff about the box set.

Like over half the tunes are virtually unlistenable cuz the quality is so bad and there are only like 3-4 tracks worth listening to and that it should only be purchased if you are the hardest core nirvana fan.

My guess is that it may have not sold very well so they are trying to rope in some of the more casual Nirvana fans to buy it and recoup some of the cost of rights and production of the box set? Like I said just my guestimate

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #822 on: November 18, 2005, 05:30:22 PM »

The new Nirvana disc is just a single disc compilation of some of the songs from the box set.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #823 on: November 18, 2005, 05:35:47 PM »

To be released a CD has to be turned into the record label 3 months in advance.

Saying that would mean CD was turned in by august.

Not to beat a dead horse, but, yhey did it with the UYI albums in 6 weeks.? July 29th, Axl said he and Slash had finished the album on the 28th.? It was in our hands in mid-September.? That's not 3 months.

In the rest of your post (and it's something? many people in this thread are doing) you're assuming Geffen hasn't just decided to cut and run, or is intending to make a killing on this album.

I'm not saying what you're saying isn't a good point.? It is.? But there ARE other scenarios.

Especially with GnR ok

Personally I think that if there is even a glimmer of hope that CD will sell close to the same #'s as AFD and UYI's then they will bend over backwards for it

I don't think anyone in the business are considering that CD will sell on-par with AFD. ?With technology the way it is ?i.e internet, used CD sites etc. its just not a possibility anymore.

But GNR are at an advantage. ?A new, younger generation for the most part, who have not been exposed to the TRUE gems of the GNR back cataloge, the songs that we're not on GH, will probably flock to CD, and then in return to the old albums. ?And of course with I-tunes, Yahoo music etc, thats how Geffen will make their money as with the heavy rotation of GNR songs on the radio. ?Alot to look forward to I believe.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 05:40:08 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #824 on: November 18, 2005, 06:16:30 PM »

the difference between Nirvana and GNR is that Nirvana do not have a brand new album waiting to be released.

TO me it doesnt make much sense to release another GH then release Cd a few months later.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #825 on: November 18, 2005, 06:21:01 PM »

the difference between Nirvana and GNR is that Nirvana do not have a brand new album waiting to be released.

You know, that's a really good point.  I feel dopey for not thinking of it.

Thanks

Banny

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #826 on: November 18, 2005, 06:36:01 PM »

You know, that's a really good point. I feel dopey for not thinking of it.

Thanks

Banny

Any recent faxes from inside sources regarding this release?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #827 on: November 18, 2005, 09:10:18 PM »

The only way this is CD in disguise is if Axl is sick and tired of this whole chinese democracy shit and just wants it released, and doesn't care about what day it comes out. If that is the attitude of the situation, forget about a tour.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #828 on: November 19, 2005, 01:48:04 AM »

Any recent faxes from inside sources regarding this release?

No, but I did just get an email that said the following:

Easy E from the HTGTH message board is a major douchebag who needs to get a life.

Anyway...what does anyone think the chances are, percentage-wise that this GH2 will be either a: Just that...a new greatest hits compilation, b: A greatest hits with some "new" rareties and possibly some new tracks, or c: Chinese Democracy?

Here's my guess:

a: 35%
b: 40%
c: 25%

-B

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #829 on: November 19, 2005, 03:33:30 AM »

Looks like it is Greatest Hits 2, after all...  Cry

BillBoard Bits:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001524212

Although the track list has yet to be announced, Geffen has set a Dec. 20 release date for the double-disc set "Welcome to the Jungle -- The Very Best of Guns N' Roses." It will be the second such GNR package since the spring of 2004 and follows "Greatest Hits," which has sold 2.5 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Guns N' Roses, which now features lone original member Axl Rose, has been at work for years on a new studio album, "Chinese Democracy." It is unknown when the album will see the light of day.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 03:44:28 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #830 on: November 19, 2005, 04:00:42 AM »

Listen to me and Ill never steer you wrong.

I just hope some of u didnt really believe this was Chinese Democracy.

Some of u will never learn.

PS. I dont want to hear anyone slam Axl!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #831 on: November 19, 2005, 04:02:02 AM »

Greatest Hits 100 percent

For real everyone needs to get a grip, I wish I could shake some of u and just scream;

"Its a Greatest Hits Vol 2" Not CD.

We might get a live track or two, that would be cool.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #832 on: November 19, 2005, 04:04:20 AM »

Greatest Hits 100 percent

For real everyone needs to get a grip, I wish I could shake some of u and just scream;

"Its a Greatest Hits Vol 2" Not CD.

We might get a live track or two, that would be cool.
D's right. Its definitely a hits album. If you're lucky you'll get a live track. But I dont care either way. I'm not buying it, and a live version of Jungle isnt gonna make me buy it either.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #833 on: November 19, 2005, 04:07:03 AM »

This really sucks! It seems like every time GNR take a small step forward, they take 3 giant steps backward, and we are fast approaching a cliff. nervous

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #834 on: November 19, 2005, 06:32:01 AM »

There is nothing listed on Amazon.co.uk yet! Mike

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #835 on: November 19, 2005, 08:10:36 AM »

Ok, here's my take on the tracklisting. It's a "Best Of", so maybe they can put less known stuff, we'll see:

CD1 [Early Days]:

01- Welcome To The Jungle
02- It's So Easy
03- Nightrain
04- Paradise City
05- Reckless Life
06- Mama Kin
07- Sweet Child O'Mine
08- Rocket Queen
09- Patience
10- Used To Love Her
11- Shadow Of Your Love [demo]
12- Welcome To The Jungle [live]
13- It's So Easy [live]
14- Crash Diet [demo]
15- Don't Cry [demo]
16- Nightrain [live]

(Approx running time: 74 min.)

CD2 [Latter Days]:

01- Live And Let Die?
02- Don't Cry (Original)?
03- November Rain?
04- Civil War
05- Yesterdays
06- Don't Damm Me
07- Dead Horse
08- Knockin' On Heavens Door
09- Locomotive
10- Coma
11- Estranged
12- You Could Be Mine

(Approx running time: 76 min.)

There's a very good chance it won't be that at all. Grin It's more what I think could happen, but I know it's a little far fetched, with the demos and stuff (especially Crash Diet). Wink I realized pretty quickly that you could fill up a CD real fast with songs like November Rain, Civil War, Coma, Estranged and Locomotive...lol (yeah I know, CD2 wouldn't be really useful to hardcore fans! Grin - but maybe CD1 would make you buy the CD set, that's the commercial spirit! hihi )
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:14:29 AM by Will » Logged

Evolution
« Reply #836 on: November 19, 2005, 09:36:19 AM »

It's weird, just the inclusion of the Crash Diet demo alone would make this a def buy for me.. Huh
Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #837 on: November 19, 2005, 10:00:14 AM »

Whatever, cd from gnr always welcomed... cheers!

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #838 on: November 19, 2005, 10:30:08 AM »

It's weird, just the inclusion of the Crash Diet demo alone would make this a def buy for me.. Huh

It would really annoy me if the record company do this. I have all of GNR's albums, and have probably purchased AFD 3 times over in diffrent formats. I don't need the old tracks again so to release an album with one song that I don't have I personally think is ripping off loyal fans.

As a B-Side to a GH single release, or as part of a rare songs release would be more acceptable.

Here today...ready to rock
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #839 on: November 19, 2005, 10:32:17 AM »

If Geffen knows what they're doing...they might be doing something like that to make hardcore fans buy this. But then again, casual fans are probably their main target for this kind of release...

What would be cool is what U2 did for their 1980-1990 best of: CD1 with regular tracks and CD2 with unreleased tracks and B-sides. Ha, one can dream! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: