Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185759 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2005, 09:15:10 AM »

Axl announced that UYI was done in late July at a show.....it came out in mid September.? 6 weeks....

True.

But at the time, several release dates had been reported in the media before that.

I remember reading that it would be out in May, then July and finally it was released in September.

Also remember that there was a new track out in June/July 1991. Months before the album.

Most bands do release singles to radio before an album. Usually weeks before the actual album release. We haven't heard anything about that either.

/jarmo

Good points, to be sure.

Though, for clarity, wasn't the song that was out months in advance YCBM? ?While it was, I guess, technically a single from UYI, it was MORE a T2 single IMHO. ?It's timing was more to coincide with the movie than to "pre-premote" the album, I think.

And again, I'm not remotely convinced this is CD. ?But I don't think we should all dismiss that it MIGHT be CD out of hand. ?There is some pretty compelling stuff that at least should make you go HMMMMMM.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
joaoalberto
Opening Act

"Turn around bitch I got a use for you"

« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2005, 09:15:40 AM »

This WTTJ: The Very Best of GNR rumour can also be found here:

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/albums/prerel.htm

"Just because you're winnin' don't mean you're the lucky ones"
(Guns N' Roses- Use Your Illusion II- Breakdown)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #802 on: November 18, 2005, 09:20:05 AM »

This WTTJ: The Very Best of GNR rumour can also be found here:

http://www.albumvote.co.uk/albums/prerel.htm

Yup..with one *.  So at leat they qualify it as a rumor. That's better than some of the other web sites have done.

Together again,
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #803 on: November 18, 2005, 10:20:47 AM »

Ted Dibiase was a part of Money Inc., which included the IRS (Michael Rotundo), and was a former WWF Tag Team champion with him.

Right.  But why the hell were people reporting he had an announcement regarding GN'R!?  Just a stupid joke or something else?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #804 on: November 18, 2005, 10:24:03 AM »

Ted Dibiase was a part of Money Inc., which included the IRS (Michael Rotundo), and was a former WWF Tag Team champion with him.

Right.? But why the hell were people reporting he had an announcement regarding GN'R!?? Just a stupid joke or something else?

Because Irwin R. Schiester (aka darknemus) posted one of the IRS clips over there.

I suspect it was a reference to that.

Though, to be clear, I rather doubt dark was the one posting about Ted.? Someone else just riffing on the same line, I'd guess.

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #805 on: November 18, 2005, 10:26:03 AM »

Right.? But why the hell were people reporting he had an announcement regarding GN'R!?? Just a stupid joke or something else?

Because Irwin R. Schester (aka darknemus) posted one of the IRS clips over there.

I suspect it was a reference to that.

Though, to be clear, I rather doubt dark was the one posting about Ted.? Someone else just riffing on the same line, I'd guess.

"Everybody has a price" hihi

Maybe its the rest of the Radio Broadcast or the other tracks from the Trunk cd??? Pure speculation of course

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #806 on: November 18, 2005, 10:45:06 AM »

Umm, I wasn't Irwin R. Schyster Tongue.  That falls solely on AxlGunner.  I was Biff Tannen, though - so like, I'm a geek or something.

As far as this whole fiasco with a GH II goes.. like I said, the word from Geffen (well, the word that my friend got, anyway) is "No Comment" - which is pretty much nothing, so what do you do?

The only way I think this could be a 'cover' for CD, though, is if Geffen really has little faith in the material, and is just releasing it to finish out the contract and be done with it all.  Who knows?  I can't forsee them not pushing the fuck out of CD if it were going to be released.  Then again, though, advertising costs money.. and they might go with a low profile release specifically to regain as much of the costs associated with the project as possible.

Remember, when all else fails, follow the money.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2005, 11:03:02 AM »

Umm, I wasn't Irwin R. Schyster Tongue.? That falls solely on AxlGunner.? I was Biff Tannen, though - so like, I'm a geek or something.

-darknemus

Ah, I stand corrected. Smiley

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #808 on: November 18, 2005, 02:27:26 PM »

I just got back from HMV (Record Store) and they have no mention of and GnR thing being released anytime soon other than a DVD titled "Guns N Roses: Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Roll". The Guy at the counter said that if something were to be released in Dec that they would already have something in their computer system.

Nothing new but I thought I'd post it for you guys anyway. peace (I live in Canada BTW)

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #809 on: November 18, 2005, 02:44:09 PM »

I just saw the same mention on billboard.com about the Greatest Hits 2 release on December 20th.
The only possible good thing about this would be if Geffen had obtained a couple new recordings to put on it.
That's highly unlikely of course, but it's the only thing that would make it worth buying.

And as I said when the first GH was about to be released, I think it's the perfect opportunity to include a bonus CD single with this release. It could be a brand new track and would also include an insert letting fans know that the new GnR studio CD will be released in early 2006.
At least it would garner a lot of excitement and interest.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #810 on: November 18, 2005, 02:49:07 PM »

has duff or slash commented on the GH2?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #811 on: November 18, 2005, 03:04:04 PM »

i dont think so, and that is kind of strange..
If they are against it, i guess we would hear, maybe they dont know about it...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #812 on: November 18, 2005, 03:23:08 PM »

i dont think so, and that is kind of strange..
If they are against it, i guess we would hear, maybe they dont know about it...

I recon they do, we have to look at the bigger picture here. Why was the courtcase moved back? Were Axl Slash and Duff close to reaching an agreement? Is this Best of a result of that agreement? All parties were unhappy with the original Greatest Hits, to the point where their lawyers actually combined their efforts to stop it. Maybe for the first time in so many years they all worked together and actually agreed to put this out as a final send of to the old GnR! Universal dont want to do this because they have CD ready and waiting to be released........... so they rush release the best of at Christmas where they know it will sell a pretty decent amount of copies, leaving early 06 ready and waiting for Axl, CD and the New Guns!

Possible

Jonx
lastroots
« Reply #813 on: November 18, 2005, 03:32:24 PM »

Well I'm still with my earlier statement, but just one thing for those who say that there must be a single out prior to trhe album: that's not true. Many bands release singles after the album release. For example, Metallica made it that way with St. Anger.

/lastroots
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #814 on: November 18, 2005, 03:41:42 PM »

Possible
I doubt it, as sanctuary says no.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #815 on: November 18, 2005, 03:52:31 PM »

Possible
I doubt it, as sanctuary says no.

When have they ever said yes, i guess we shall see!

The company is in so much shit at the moment!

Jonx
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #816 on: November 18, 2005, 04:38:12 PM »

does a GH2 have anything to do with Axl and his 20 000 000 dollar deal? hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #817 on: November 18, 2005, 05:12:15 PM »

To be released a CD has to be turned into the record label 3 months in advance.

Saying that would mean CD was turned in by august.

The number of albums Aerosmith released isnt relevant here.

Geffen has released at least 3 Greatest hits packages with near identical track listing.

They do this because it doesnt have to sell well for them to make a killing.

if it sells 100,000 copies, they still make lots of cash.

Why would any record label release their flagship CD under the radar with no publicity?

Trust me, 10 years of waiting, double digit millions of dollars spent on it, Axl keeping the GNR name.... This has to be successful, So Axl will have to promote the shit out of this CD or else he takes the chance of falling flat on his face.

Remember GNR arent the biggest band in the world anymore, we are hardcore loyalist, to us, the entire world are holding their breath for Axl like we are but thats not true.

Just look at the half empty arenas on the 2002 tour.

They have to promote this with a single,video,interviews out the ass, maybe a little controversy with axl sayin something on the old band members.

This CD will not sell the kind of units they want to sell by simply putting it on a shelf.

They have to do big time work.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #818 on: November 18, 2005, 05:16:36 PM »

Not to beat a dead horse, but, they did it with the UYI albums in 6 weeks.? July 29th, Axl said he and Slash had finished the album on the 28th.? It was in our hands in mid-September.? That's not 3 months.

In the rest of your post (and it's something? many people in this thread are doing) you're assuming Geffen hasn't just decided to cut and run, or is intending to make a killing on this album.

I'm not saying what you're saying isn't a good point.? It is.? But there ARE other scenarios.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 05:29:50 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #819 on: November 18, 2005, 05:20:40 PM »

Not to beat a dead horse, but, yhey did it with the UYI albums in 6 weeks.? July 29th, Axl said he and Slash had finished the album on the 28th.? It was in our hands in mid-September.? That's not 3 months.

In the rest of your post (and it's something? many people in this thread are doing) you're assuming Geffen hasn't just decided to cut and run, or is intending to make a killing on this album.

I'm not saying what you're saying isn't a good point.? It is.? But there ARE other scenarios.

Especially with GnR ok

Personally I think that if there is even a glimmer of hope that CD will sell close to the same #'s as AFD and UYI's then they will bend over backwards for it

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: