Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185978 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #700 on: November 17, 2005, 02:36:04 PM »

NOW THAT'S what I'm talking about! YES! Good way to look at this...

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #701 on: November 17, 2005, 02:36:33 PM »

I hope this is a fucking joke i dont know what i will do if this fucking greatest hits 2 comes out instead of chines dem. i will more than likly buy it cause iam a sucker and will buy anything new from guns n roses even thow its nothing new.
But what if its a cover up and AXL is trying to say that democracy is the best songs he's done, meaning "guns n roses greatest hit you know what iam saying?

Now that would be a balsy move ?hihi

The Very Best of:
GUNS N' ROSES
(Chinese Democracy Pt. 1)

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #702 on: November 17, 2005, 02:39:01 PM »

Pilferk, what WAS the UYI cover title?? I actually forgot.? Guess its the whole getitng older thing.? (Which sucks, by the way.)

-darknemus

i think it was "gnr sucks" (not trying to be funny) i heard that from one of the members of www.gnrsucks.com or i was probly high.

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
bucketman
Headliner

« Reply #703 on: November 17, 2005, 02:49:29 PM »

That since the release of TSI?!, there is an excellent possiblility that GNR will have released as many Greatest hits cd's as their total of regular CD's? Count the discs.
appetite
lies
UYI
UYII
TSI

and greatest hits
Live era-2 discs
greatest hits
welcome to the jungle-the very best of-(rumored to be 2 discs)
Now don't get me wrong, I might possibly be the biggest fan on this board (I know you all will contest as well), but I am of the opinion that a band that has only released 4 albums of original material should not have 3 greatest hits discs, and 2 greatest hits live discs. It doesnt make sense! Think about it if youre just a passive fan. The type that taps their finger to SCOM when it comes on, but doesnt blast the volume and pull over and start head banging like I know some of us do. Why would they ever buy a double album of GH's, having to decide between that and the other greatest hits album, when they could just buy entire collection for just a little more? I just dont understand the logic behind this rumor, and therefore have some doubts surrounding it. What do you guys think? Does GNR have enough original material to release 3 greatest hits discs for the average fan? If I had my way, every song ever released by GNR is worthy of the greatest hits, but that is just me (and Im sure most of you too).
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #704 on: November 17, 2005, 03:04:18 PM »

That since the release of TSI?!, there is an excellent possiblility that GNR will have released as many Greatest hits cd's as their total of regular CD's? Count the discs.
appetite
lies
UYI
UYII
TSI

and greatest hits
Live era-2 discs
greatest hits
welcome to the jungle-the very best of-(rumored to be 2 discs)
Now don't get me wrong, I might possibly be the biggest fan on this board (I know you all will contest as well), but I am of the opinion that a band that has only released 4 albums of original material should not have 3 greatest hits discs, and 2 greatest hits live discs. It doesnt make sense! Think about it if youre just a passive fan. The type that taps their finger to SCOM when it comes on, but doesnt blast the volume and pull over and start head banging like I know some of us do. Why would they ever buy a double album of GH's, having to decide between that and the other greatest hits album, when they could just buy entire collection for just a little more? I just dont understand the logic behind this rumor, and therefore have some doubts surrounding it. What do you guys think? Does GNR have enough original material to release 3 greatest hits discs for the average fan? If I had my way, every song ever released by GNR is worthy of the greatest hits, but that is just me (and Im sure most of you too).

not to be an asshole, but why posting the same stuff on two different boards?

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #705 on: November 17, 2005, 03:51:39 PM »

it's been 14 years of silence, it's been 14 years of pain!!!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #706 on: November 17, 2005, 04:20:18 PM »

LOL.... i wonder if Greatest Hits v2.0  will have any new unrelease or just the same songs as "Live Era" only the studio cuts.......   YESS!!! Chinese Democracy is upon us!!!!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #707 on: November 17, 2005, 04:28:21 PM »

Why else would "SOON" be used by Tommy, Richard and Dizzy. Correct! Chinese Democracy ok

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #708 on: November 17, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »

Oh Boy! Something is fucking happening! I'm just intrigued to find out what the fuck it is. Its the silence from Merck about all this that I find the oddest thing! And all the band members seem to be keeping quiet at the moment as well! Fingers crossed now I guess! There is something fishy going on and I dont believe that it will be a greatest hits at all, makes no sense, more like a cover up of sorts!! Mike

madagas
« Reply #709 on: November 17, 2005, 05:00:09 PM »

Billboard is reporting this now so this thing may have some legs-I doubt they would get their info from musictap!-but, maybe they did. Huh
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #710 on: November 17, 2005, 05:29:54 PM »

Yeah! This sure is interesting.
The quote from Dizzys latest interview, "ive heard it will be out very, very soon... There   ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #711 on: November 17, 2005, 05:31:03 PM »

Billboard is reporting this now so this thing may have some legs-I doubt they would get their info from musictap!-but, maybe they did. Huh

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, man.  But, the little blurb in Billboard doesn't really have any fresh info, so I'm thinking they're just regurgitating what's already been reported.

Ali
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #712 on: November 17, 2005, 05:50:12 PM »

Its coming yes

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #713 on: November 17, 2005, 05:51:15 PM »

Its coming yes

mmm.. you might just be right on that one  Undecided

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #714 on: November 17, 2005, 05:53:05 PM »

Its coming yes

CD you mean? Im a beliver..  ok yes And if not, im sure it will be out early in 2006 Cheesy

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #715 on: November 17, 2005, 05:56:35 PM »

From mygnr:

"Ted Dibiase" will make an announcement on November 30 that is sure to excite all of you GNR fans..

He will reveal to you something you have been waiting to hear for sometime now.

We are currently working out the logistics for a live webcast of this announcement.

See you on November 30... the wait is over

Just a bit funny  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
thegoat77
Headliner

Guitar legend. Simple as that

« Reply #716 on: November 17, 2005, 06:03:12 PM »

I'm thinking that Axl will owe the record company a product during 2005, and this new "Best Of" CD is just something to give the record company in a year when we've had nothing at all. It was the same in 2004 when we got the Greatest Hits, and in 2003 when the UYI concerts were released on DVD.

The timing of it seems weird to me, its being released too late for most people to buy it as an Xmas present which is what Greatest Hits albums usually end up as.

Looks like we won't see CD until at least the early summer 2006, which sucks...........

You cant trust freedom when its not in your hand, when everyones fighting for the promised land
G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #717 on: November 17, 2005, 06:03:20 PM »

I'll copy & paste.

Although the track list has yet to be announced, Geffen has set a Dec. 20 release date for the double-disc set "Welcome to the Jungle -- The Very Best of Guns N' Roses." It will be the second such GNR package since the spring of 2004 and follows "Greatest Hits," which has sold 2.5 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Guns N' Roses, which now features lone original member Axl Rose, has been at work for years on a new studio album, "Chinese Democracy." It is unknown when the album will see the light of day.

That's shit.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #718 on: November 17, 2005, 06:05:48 PM »

Just one thing! Have the GOOD NEWS picture down on the left on Richard Fortus website always been there?

ps: On the news site..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #719 on: November 17, 2005, 06:13:30 PM »

Nytunz is this "Ted Dibiase" a one post wonder of mygnr? I'm not familiar with wrestling? Undecided

Yeah an announcement now would be nice.
Regardless of the GH2 buisiness, I go for the magic number '8'. Viva CD in 2006!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: