Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185888 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #660 on: November 17, 2005, 09:47:28 AM »

Expect an official statement pretty soon.

Yeah I think so too, This doesn't sound very good at all no

I think we'll hear one from Geffen regarding the release then one again from Axl's Lawyer saying that Axl, Slash and Duff are trying to stop it......Again. Unless this is an orig band collaboration of songs with notes from Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt & Dizzy, but i highly doubt it.

Welcome to the Jungle: The Very best of Guns N' Roses puke WTF!!!! rant
(I wonder what the Tracklist will be like nervous ) ?(GH1 + other songs? prolly)

The only thing i can do is pray for CD in disguise (please god, oh please)

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2005, 10:01:31 AM »

I'm still wondering about that contract deal. If Geffen puts out records, new, live, best of,  that should count as part of the deal. Why would geffen be aloud to put out a record, unless there time with Axl is running out. I think there's more cookin here than we know. Times running out for Geffen,  20 year contract coming to an end Lips Sealed     

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Warren
« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2005, 10:03:02 AM »

Chin Dem seems more unlikely than ever...
madagas
« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2005, 10:07:13 AM »

I've seen poor business decisions before but this takes the cake! Two greatest hits records without the input of at least Slash and Axl. Between Geffen, Sanctuary, and Axl/Slash-the three of them don't have sense enough to get out of the rain. The whole comeback tour thing was a joke without Chinese to back it-failure number one. Then, even assuming that Chinese will never surface, they should have collaborated on a proper hits album where the band and record label agree on the tracklist-ie add a new song-like the Blues-especially if it was not intended as a single (which sounds like old Gnr and would not have been out of place on a GH package). One new song would have spiked sales of GH immensely. Now, putting out another hits package while the other one is still in the top 100 is insanity. Not to mention the lawsuits against each other. All these guys are costing themselves millions by bickering amongst themselves. I can't imagine Sanctuary is on good terms with Geffen and we know Axl/Slash are at each other's throats. Meanwhile, we get screwed again! I really think Axl has lost his mind. He seems to e the center of all the problems. Sorry guys, but it is true. rant
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2005, 10:16:20 AM »

Think not, Axl must be waiting for this contract to end. Geffen on the other hand, shitting all over the place knowing that there free ride is coming to an end. Axl is one smart MFer   

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2005, 10:17:23 AM »

This gets more and more confusing by the day! If this is another greatest hits which I personally dont think it is, then why has there been nothing from Axl, Management or ex band members to oppose it or deny it? It does not make any sense at all! Mike

What's so confusing about it? ?Geffen is releasing another greatest hits package because the first one did so well. ?It happens quite a bit. ?Motley Crue has at least three out there. ?Sad but true.

Axl and the rest of the old line-up opposed the first one and tried to legally block it's release - they failed. ?What's the sense in trying again?

No cover-up, no conspiracy, no confusion. ?Just another silly greatest hits release. ?No biggie.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2005, 10:19:54 AM »

There's more than meets the eye, here!

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #667 on: November 17, 2005, 10:22:27 AM »

Luigi there really isnt.

Dont get your hopes up. Its just a gh2 release.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #668 on: November 17, 2005, 10:24:48 AM »

This gets more and more confusing by the day! If this is another greatest hits which I personally dont think it is, then why has there been nothing from Axl, Management or ex band members to oppose it or deny it? It does not make any sense at all! Mike

What's so confusing about it?  Geffen is releasing another greatest hits package because the first one did so well.  It happens quite a bit.  Motley Crue has at least three out there.  Sad but true.

Axl and the rest of the old line-up opposed the first one and tried to legally block it's release - they failed.  What's the sense in trying again?

No cover-up, no conspiracy, no confusion.  Just another silly greatest hits release.  No biggie.

Kayoss is right.  There is no conspiracy..... the first GH exceeded Geffen's expectations.  It makes sense for them to release another to cash in.  You can't blame them.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #669 on: November 17, 2005, 10:26:54 AM »

I think there's more cookin here than we know. Times running out for Geffen,? 20 year contract coming to an end

Christos is right, record contracts are usually based on releases. and of course there is more going on than we know. WE KNOW NOTHING!! that's why GnR fans get so peived off all the time, and why we see rediculous rumors.

I've seen poor business decisions before but this takes the cake! Two greatest hits records without the input of at least Slash and Axl.

We don't know any specifics of this supposed release yet so calm down

I can't imagine Sanctuary is on good terms with Geffen and we know Axl/Slash are at each other's throats. Meanwhile, we get screwed again!

But A&S managed to agree the the other GH was bogus, which I still think was amazing. As to Sanct/Gef relations, we don't even know what they level of involvement they have with each other

I really think Axl has lost his mind. He seems to be the center of all the problems. Sorry guys, but it is true. rant

Pure speculation. Personally I think Axl has nothing to do with this.

Warren
« Reply #670 on: November 17, 2005, 10:31:14 AM »

And don't tell me that some of you are still waiting for Chin Dem release !
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #671 on: November 17, 2005, 10:56:40 AM »

Think not, Axl must be waiting for this contract to end. Geffen on the other hand, shitting all over the place knowing that there free ride is coming to an end. Axl is one smart MFer

Everyone else is right, record contracts don't run on a time basis, it is by material/records released.

The one thing all of you "Axl is so smart", "this will finish his contract" people are forgetting that the record label is not just going to let him take the new material and go on his merry way even if his deal is up with the release of the GH.

The label owns every note that has been recorded for the past 10 years, even if they don't release it. Axl doesn't by default just get to take it. So in essence even if he were to leave, we would be farther from a CD release than ever because he can't just take the material and release it at a new label.

Howard Stern is fighting that same issue right now. He is leaving Infinity to goto Satellite radio, and they aren't letting him take any of his old tapes/bits/shows even though his contract is up. The station can't use them because they need his signature, but they also won't let him have them because they don't want another station profiting off of work done under their watch for 20 years.

Anyone who thinks the label would let Axl have the material to go and release it under another label so they can profit off of Geffen's money like that is smoking crack.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #672 on: November 17, 2005, 11:00:31 AM »

DON'T SMOKE!

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #673 on: November 17, 2005, 11:04:05 AM »

Luigi, contracts are based upon album releases, not years of being signed. ok

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #674 on: November 17, 2005, 11:12:37 AM »

Ok, I understand thanks, I'm still up front about the positive aspect of new CD come 2006. There is a plan, AXL would not string along five guys plus his fans with out pullin the triger! I refuse to listen to the negitive fucks on this board. If your a real fan you'll wait   

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #675 on: November 17, 2005, 11:22:05 AM »

Would it kill them to put studio versions of the blues, maddy, and rhiad and even OMG on this new gh package?  We have all heard those songs for about 4 years now.. and while i want to hear studio versions of them all.. i really don't want CD to have 4 or 5 songs on it that i have heard a million times before..  I think this would be a good way for them to release the songs they played on the 02 tour and not waste space on the new disc with songs 4 years old.. plus it give fans a taste of new gnr and gets casuall fans excited about the new disc.. then follow up this release with CD sometime in spring..  maybe this is the begining of the promotion for CD... clearly this all just wishful thinking.. but it makes perfect sense to me.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #676 on: November 17, 2005, 11:29:57 AM »

Ok, I understand thanks, I'm still up front about the positive aspect of new CD come 2006. There is a plan, AXL would not string along five guys plus his fans with out pullin the triger! I refuse to listen to the negitive fucks on this board. If your a real fan you'll wait   

Alot of us 'real fans' have been waiting since the Illusions albums came out.  You know, the ones we stood in line-ups at Midnight waiting for?

The problem with another GH release, if thats what this is - is that it further dilutes the product that is "Guns n' Roses" - which makes a release of CD hold less market value.  Like it or not, thats the case.  You don't rope in 'casual buyers' with a Guns n' Roses product coming out three months after a Guns n' Roses product.  Which, again, makes a CD release less likely within a short timeframe.  Yep, I think that sucks.

The only way I see for this GH II set to actually increase the market value of GNR is to have, seriously, NEW recorded material on there.. because that would generate hype for CD.  Otherwise, its nothing more than Geffen, once again, wanting to get some ROI (Return on Investment) from their bankrolling of this project.  I don't blame them, but the entire situation is a disappointing one.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #677 on: November 17, 2005, 11:45:01 AM »

Has the possibility been disscussed that perhaps (IF this GH2 album is THE last for the contract) Geffen and Axl (Sanctuary) came to an aggreement?

What I mean is this. Perhaps Geffen is fed up with the CD wait, or still isn't satisfied with the material, or Axl is fed up with Geffen....whatever the case may be....Geffen still wants $$$ and Axl wants to release his album on HIS terms (whatever they may be). Is it possible that Geffen and Axl came to an agreement where Geffen would release GH and now GH2 in order to recoup some of the losses of CDs production costs (perhaps Axl gave a little out of his pocket too...er...reason for the 2002 tour???) and allow these releases to finish out the contract with Axl. In return, Geffen would allow Axl to take Chinese Democracy elsewhere for a release in order to wipe the slate clean between the two?

In regards to my speculation, I know it seems that a record company would be crazy to let CD out of their hands. But, you have to admit that this whole saga is a bit 'out of the ordinary.' Imagine Geffen putting many of their eggs (maybe all) in the basket that is CD and sitting on it for ten years plus. It has to end, one way or another. Do you listen to the business side that says 'cut your losses and get out of it what you can' or the smart side that says 'CD will be worth the wait. Hang in there' ? I have to imagine that Geffen may be through with Axl & Co.

As I said...this is ALL pure speculation on my part. But maybe this is, in fact, a good sign and maybe there have been some negotiations on both sides and maybe GH2 is the LAST hurdle before we get the CD ball rolling. I have to believe that no matter what, each move made in this seemingly endless chess game brings us that much closer to CD.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #678 on: November 17, 2005, 11:52:49 AM »

I don't think that is viable only because Geffen could release GH2 if they want AND keep the masters for CD. They gain nothing in the scenario you laid out.

It would be one thing if they really wanted to release GH2 and needed Axl to sign off on it to do so. The fact they don't gives them no reason to barter with him in terms of releasing GH2 and then letting him go.

The label is essentially milking the cow from every direction at Axl's expense. He has no one to blame but himself, but I guess you let these situations develop when you refuse to release music.

Under no circumstances will the label ever let him walk out the door with the masters for CD. They might let him out of his contract at some point, but it won't be with the last 10 years of material in hand. Anyone with any business sense knows that.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #679 on: November 17, 2005, 11:59:34 AM »

well as sanctuary is denying this rumour...the agreement on GH2 is unlikely. I agree that GNR may be changing the label.

What's the game? It's from the site that originally started this rumour right? nothing official yet.
Either way, I don't think it would affect the new release much.
Remember the complaint against the hollywoodrose record?

Two greatest hits records without the input of at least Slash and Axl.
Are you sure about it? It may be clear that there won't be any input from Axl but....

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: