Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185717 times)
madagas
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2005, 09:57:21 AM »

James, that was a very temporary thing and it happens all the time for ALL artists. It sold well because Gnr is still a popular name brand-real fucking simple tough guy! hihi
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2005, 11:45:54 AM »

First of all, AXLROSEVEN and DeezNuts stop the bitching right now.

Second, since my Japanese is great (j/k, they have the whole site in English too ?Grin) I did a bit more searching and I found this:

CD Greatest Hits
Guns N' Roses ?
Reissue Greatest Hits CD (Japan Edition)
Issued: Jan 06 ?Out Soon - current release date is 25 Jan 2006 ?
?1,980

Genre:? ?Rock & Pop?
Format:? ?CD
Number of Discs:? ?1?
This version issued:? ?25 Jan 2006?
Catalogue Number:? ?UICY6002
Label:? ?Universal International?
Item sourced from:? ?Japan?
Other:? ?Greatest Hits, Reissue?

Other Versions
CD US Edition? ? ?1,899? ?US Import
CD EUR Edition? ? ?2,267? ?EUR Import
CD Japan Edition? ? ?2,420
CD EUR Edition? ? ?3,204? ?EUR Import

It's a re-issue with some different packaging.? The original release, both in the states and in Japan was a digipack.? From what I can gather, this is a "hard case" release of the same CD.? Again, that's from what I can tell...

The UK had a digipack release initially, but soon after hard jewl case versions appeared and replaced the others. It could be this release is the original GH but with WTTV DVD as a bonus. I've noticed a few re-issues of other artists recently that have done this format.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #602 on: November 16, 2005, 06:32:26 PM »

Geffen Records will release a 2CD 'best of' collection from Guns and Roses called Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns 'N Roses. This 2CD collection will come in both PA and Edited forms and will be available to fans on December 20, just in time for gift-giving. Mark it.

http://www.musictap.net/

Thanks Ravi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #603 on: November 16, 2005, 06:35:31 PM »

Geffen Records will release a 2CD 'best of' collection from Guns and Roses called Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns 'N Roses. This 2CD collection will come in both PA and Edited forms and will be available to fans on December 20, just in time for gift-giving. Mark it.

Thanks Ravi

/jarmo

no tracklisting?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #604 on: November 16, 2005, 06:38:23 PM »

Thanks Ravi

/jarmo

Good find. What does 'PA' and 'edited' forms mean?

Here today...ready to rock
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #605 on: November 16, 2005, 06:38:49 PM »

Thanks Ravi

/jarmo

A two cd collection!!! Wow!!!! I want to get excited but it's kinda like the "2006 tour" thing. You kinda wonder the legitimacy of these sites still.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #606 on: November 16, 2005, 06:39:33 PM »

Thanks Ravi

/jarmo

Good find. What does 'PA' and 'edited' forms mean?

Parental Advisory and Edited versions.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #607 on: November 16, 2005, 06:42:18 PM »

I hope theres something on here for the hardcore fans!!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #608 on: November 16, 2005, 06:47:58 PM »

2 CDs? They released 3 actual albums of studio material (AFD and UYI & II). Are they just gonna put a Live Era short mix on CD2? We know it won't be "new GN'R" stuff. If Universal know what they're doing, they'd put a few demos in there or even unreleased live tracks. Please not Paris and Tokyo 92 again.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #609 on: November 16, 2005, 06:49:19 PM »

I think I'm gonna skip this and wait for the 3 cd set next year.

Maybe even wait for the boxed set!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #610 on: November 16, 2005, 07:02:25 PM »

I hope theres something on here for the hardcore fans!!
Unfortunately I dont think the powers that be think there are hardcore gnr fans. Otherwise they wouldnt throw this garbag ein our face year after year

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #611 on: November 16, 2005, 07:03:37 PM »

Not to be an asshole but (I'll put it nicely)...............Are they out of their %^$& minds to put out another greatest hits thing with a bunch of the same %^$ songs (which are great songs none the less, no mistake about that) we already have had twice..............the first time on the original albums.............the seconds time with the greatest hits from last year.........and now again?!?! O wait........three..........Live era.....but I dig that one? Cheesy

This Greatest Hits thing is ridiculous and a disgrace for the fans and the new band! I'm waiting for CD (or a single) with Robin Finck, Axl, Dizzy, Richard Fortus, Mother Goose, Brain and Tommy Stinson on it. I won't settle for anything else ?Angry

I'm sure that on CD there will be songs that are classics, Greatest hits.... They are too damn early with this!!? Undecided
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 07:09:35 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #612 on: November 16, 2005, 07:11:33 PM »

Just a thought, could it be that Geffen is trying to fulfill the 6 album deal that GNR has so Axl can sign somewhere else or vice versa?   A very small chance I know, but other bands, ie Type O Negative, have done this in the past.  Like I said, just a thought. Undecided

RichardNixon
« Reply #613 on: November 16, 2005, 07:26:43 PM »

Just a thought, could it be that Geffen is trying to fulfill the 6 album deal that GNR has so Axl can sign somewhere else or vice versa?? ?A very small chance I know, but other bands, ie Type O Negative, have done this in the past.? Like I said, just a thought. Undecided

They spent so much money on Axl's new album, they woudn't want him to take his music elsewhere.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #614 on: November 16, 2005, 07:34:08 PM »

Just a thought, could it be that Geffen is trying to fulfill the 6 album deal that GNR has so Axl can sign somewhere else or vice versa?? ?A very small chance I know, but other bands, ie Type O Negative, have done this in the past.? Like I said, just a thought. Undecided

They spent so much money on Axl's new album, they woudn't want him to take his music elsewhere.

Ehh I'm not so sure about that, with two editions of GH, and with the huge, and yes I mean huge success of GH, the've made their money back.  Pure profit for Geffen.  Just package it and sell it.  And the added pressure of CD on Geffens books for all these years, Geffen might be ready to cut and run.

Another scenerio could be that Axl is authorizing the release of these greatest hits to fulfill his end of the bargin, and then cut and run to another label.  It's just speculation, and nothing more. Wink

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #615 on: November 16, 2005, 07:40:28 PM »

Have we ruled out the fact that it's a cover up for CD?

Remember what Merck said, plus the UYI resemblance....

Dizzy said very very very soon etc.

i mean, enough lies and shit.

wile this is going on, the gn'r name is getting raped, ant the real fans are getting more and more fed up.

i refuse to give up the hope tho...

cd starts now.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #616 on: November 16, 2005, 08:15:04 PM »

cd starts now.

If it is it'll be the most brilliantly concocted net-leak prevention plan ever.  Not to mention stupid.  No hype, no single, no video, no commercials, just BOOM here's CD instead of another bogus greatest hits package? 

I'll believe it when I see it.

Evolution
« Reply #617 on: November 16, 2005, 08:18:16 PM »

just BOOM here's CD instead of another bogus greatest hits package? 

Never underestimate the power of word of mouth hihi
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #618 on: November 16, 2005, 08:19:34 PM »

If it actually is a cover up, that would be the coolest idea ever. ha ha ha. Just imagine the look on all our faces if we were all planning to boycott the stores that day like people did with GH1, and it ended up being Chinese Democracy. Ha ha ha. I'd find that beyond funny.
It seems like an Axl thing to do.

As for Geffen trying to release enough CDs to get rid of Axl...
Most bands have a 7 album deal. Guns already have 7, so they could have gotten rid of Axl last year after GH.
This is how Aerosmith got out of their deal with Geffen. Notice all the compilations they put out after the mid 90s?

It was nice to see a "new" GNR CD in stores last year.
It will be nice again this year, even if it is just another rehash. I won't be buying it (didn't buy last years GH either), but who knows... it might turn more people onto a great band. I know a lot of people who like GNR now because of GH.

Stay positive
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #619 on: November 16, 2005, 08:28:55 PM »

That rumour went around before the first Greatest Hits was released.

And of all the rumours that one was my favorite. I actually thought it might just happen and this was Axl's way to say here are GN'R's greatest hits. By that, I mean the "greatest" being the new GN'R lineup. Wink Axl's way of finally burying the old band and putting them in the past. I thought it was a cool and interesting rumour. Grin Too bad it didn't come to be true.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: