Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185714 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #580 on: November 15, 2005, 07:26:44 AM »

December 13th would not make much sense since most of christmas business is already done then.

Sanctuary vs. Geffen: Situation is quite clear: Geffen wants to release another "milking album" while Sanctuary as GnR`s Management company has to stand in for Axl and his interests which should definetely be against that release. So Geffen is saying: "Yeah it is coming" and Sanctuary "No it ain`t." Everybody tries to bully the other one. Which is btw not exactly a sign of professional behavior on both sides.

Strange thing is though: I do not know how much time a record needs in advance to be produced (songs selected,CD`s have to be manaufactured, artwork, booklet has to be printed and then the whole thing has to be distributed worldwide etc.) So if Geffen would want to release an album in december, SOMEBODY definetely has to know something real about it. You can not produce an album in Siberia where nobody talks to noone. And besides I would really want to hear a source to that "Geffen manager said" thing.

seems like chinese democracy was mostly produced in sibiria......

by the way i don`believe sanctuary. i guess they`d even deny it one day before an official press release.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #581 on: November 15, 2005, 12:11:58 PM »

yeah that is their job...
sanctuary is gonna protect axl/guns n roses interests...
the will deny everything until something clear happens

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #582 on: November 15, 2005, 12:23:04 PM »

well if geffen is gonna release anothe GH then i doubt it is them holding up the show. yah know what I'm sayin'? I'd really like to know what the fuck is goin on with this CD

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #583 on: November 15, 2005, 03:33:32 PM »

http://www.hmv.co.jp/Product/detail.asp?SKU=1427513

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #584 on: November 15, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »

oh ok, let's buy UYI n' UYII into 1 album this time,? oh wait a second!...i already bought those ones...? Shocked? ?Roll Eyes? ? ... Geffen is a real bastard company record to produce n' sell shit like that, everyone knows that stupid album won't sell 3 copies 'round the planet these days!...? ? rofl

Ugh, I think the GH1 sales show just what sells these days.....it sold really well in most people's opinion, maybe not in yours.? If Volume II sells half or even a quarter as much it will be a success for Geffen.? It's basically pure profit for them, besides the advertising and production of the actual discs.? ?

I don't find anything wrong with Geffen at all.? If people don't like the fact that they are making money, don't buy the album.? I didn't buy GH1, and I only bought one of the 3,487 versions of Contraband that came out.? But for bands that I barely know, I'm thankful for "Best of" cd's.?

And for those that always think that it is CD in disguise or that CD will be dropped unexpectedly, I will personally put "I fuck sheep for fun on weekends" in my signature if that ever happens.? It will be your standard single disc, 10-16 songs, and the usual 1-3 months promotion.

Roll Eyes? you seem to me you live in the jungle to think wrongly!!!,...Geffen sucks cuz they've produced already other gnr's albums that contain greatest hits why must we buy one more crap like that over n' over these times? Someone told the chinese democracy album will have new tracks n' old ones too why should we hear old hits when we already knew'em all a long long time ago then? guess this fucking situation is outta control, rumors n? lies suck together at the same time!!!!! ? hihi ?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #585 on: November 15, 2005, 04:26:06 PM »

explain man, it's all greek to me... Tongue

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #586 on: November 15, 2005, 04:41:42 PM »

you seem to me you live in the jungle to think wrongly!!!,......
why must we buy one more crap like that over n' over these times? Someone told the chinese democracy album will have new tracks n' old ones too why should we hear old hits when we already knew'em all a long long time ago then?

lol

Dude, don't buy it then. ?No one is holding a gun to your head telling you that you have to buy it. ?Atleast they aren't to me cause I'm "dub da dum da somewhere out in the jungle" (nice one by the way) and they don't have guns where I live. ?Actually, someone is holding up a slingshot made of bark and salamander skin to my head right now but I just told them to fuck off in their native language.

Yes it sucks that we've had as many greatest hits and best of's as GNR has had actual albums, but THAT'S THE WAY RECORD COMPANIES WORK. ?There's no use bitching about it. ?I've got news for you, whatever they are fucking around with right now won't be the last of GNR's greatest hits etc. that we'll see in our lifetime. ?There'll be plenty more coming, whether CD comes out or not. ?It's simple business. ?Even someone who's not in a jungle "tinking wrongly" should be able to comphrehend that. ?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #587 on: November 15, 2005, 05:49:44 PM »

to me its just a bunch of Huh's ... damn :p

but what it does say to me is:
 2006年01月25日

is taht the release date, maybe?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #588 on: November 15, 2005, 06:12:34 PM »

But it looks the same GH to the last one. I bet its just a reissue of GH. If so wouldn't it kill the vol2 rumour? hihi

Remember Sanctuary denied Buckethead was leaving, last year...They have denied many things in the past that have turned out to be true eventually.
donno about this one and the rest, I somehow think they actually didn't know about that one then.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 06:15:02 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #589 on: November 15, 2005, 07:48:59 PM »

to me its just a bunch of Huh's ... damn :p

but what it does say to me is:
 2006年01月25日

is taht the release date, maybe?

Exactly, 25/01/2006 is the release date.

I get emails from hmv japan whenever there is a new GN'R item listed on their site:

You have asked us to provide you the details of any new items by Guns N' Roses. The following item has just been scheduled for release.

Artist? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Title? ? ? ? ? Format? ? ?Date? ? Price(incl. tax)? ? ? ?

Guns N' Roses? ? Greatest Hits? ? CD? ? ? ? 01/25? ? ¥1,980

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #590 on: November 15, 2005, 07:52:13 PM »

interesting...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #591 on: November 15, 2005, 07:56:56 PM »

you seem to me you live in the jungle to think wrongly!!!,......
why must we buy one more crap like that over n' over these times? Someone told the chinese democracy album will have new tracks n' old ones too why should we hear old hits when we already knew'em all a long long time ago then?

lol

Dude, don't buy it then. ?No one is holding a gun to your head telling you that you have to buy it. ?Atleast they aren't to me cause I'm "dub da dum da somewhere out in the jungle" (nice one by the way) and they don't have guns where I live. ?Actually, someone is holding up a slingshot made of bark and salamander skin to my head right now but I just told them to fuck off in their native language.

Yes it sucks that we've had as many greatest hits and best of's as GNR has had actual albums, but THAT'S THE WAY RECORD COMPANIES WORK. ?There's no use bitching about it. ?I've got news for you, whatever they are fucking around with right now won't be the last of GNR's greatest hits etc. that we'll see in our lifetime. ?There'll be plenty more coming, whether CD comes out or not. ?It's simple business. ?Even someone who's not in a jungle "tinking wrongly" should be able to comphrehend that. ?

oh you sound so smart!, you let us see you're the first to buy a greatest hits album no matter how many times you've bought it before but you always must support the music industry this way anyway! ?hihi ?? I shall be afraid of checking your closet out just to find a lot of gnr?s albums which only contain greatest hits over n? over ? nervous

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #592 on: November 15, 2005, 08:01:15 PM »

Exactly, 25/01/2006 is the release date.

I get emails from hmv japan whenever there is a new GN'R item listed on their site:

Wasn't this kind of email sent out when the Las Vegas House of Blues DVD was scheduled to be released? And then it got cancelled. yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #593 on: November 15, 2005, 08:02:45 PM »

First of all, AXLROSEVEN and DeezNuts stop the bitching right now.

Second, since my Japanese is great (j/k, they have the whole site in English too ?Grin) I did a bit more searching and I found this:

CD Greatest Hits
Guns N' Roses ?
Reissue Greatest Hits CD (Japan Edition)
Issued: Jan 06 ?Out Soon - current release date is 25 Jan 2006 ?
?1,980

Genre:   Rock & Pop 
Format:   CD
Number of Discs:   1 
This version issued:   25 Jan 2006 
Catalogue Number:   UICY6002
Label:   Universal International 
Item sourced from:   Japan 
Other:   Greatest Hits, Reissue 

Other Versions
CD US Edition    ?1,899   US Import
CD EUR Edition    ?2,267   EUR Import
CD Japan Edition    ?2,420
CD EUR Edition    ?3,204   EUR Import
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:04:52 PM by Christos AG » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #594 on: November 15, 2005, 08:22:18 PM »

Other:? ?Greatest Hits, Reissue?

Not vol 2 then

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #595 on: November 15, 2005, 09:48:11 PM »

Why would they reissue the same album so soon after it was released? Why do they think people want it? The only reason it sold so well is because it was about $5.99 everywhere it was sold. Is the reissue gonna be $3.99? hihi

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #596 on: November 15, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »

Second, since my Japanese is great (j/k, they have the whole site in English too ?Grin) I did a bit more searching and I found this:

CD Greatest Hits
Guns N' Roses ?
?1,980

Genre:? ?Rock & Pop?
Format:? ?CD
Number of Discs:? ?1?
This version issued:? ?25 Jan 2006?
Catalogue Number:? ?UICY6002
Label:? ?Universal International?
Item sourced from:? ?Japan?

Other Versions
CD US Edition? ? ?1,899? ?US Import
CD EUR Edition? ? ?2,267? ?EUR Import
CD Japan Edition? ? ?2,420
CD EUR Edition? ? ?3,204? ?EUR Import

Huh

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #597 on: November 15, 2005, 10:48:32 PM »

CD Greatest Hits
Guns N' Roses ?
?1,980

Genre:? ?Rock & Pop?
Format:? ?CD
Number of Discs:? ?1?
This version issued:? ?25 Jan 2006?
Catalogue Number:? ?UICY6002
Label:? ?Universal International?
Item sourced from:? ?Japan?

Other Versions
CD US Edition? ? ?1,899? ?US Import
CD EUR Edition? ? ?2,267? ?EUR Import
CD Japan Edition? ? ?2,420
CD EUR Edition? ? ?3,204? ?EUR Import

It's a re-issue with some different packaging.  The original release, both in the states and in Japan was a digipack.  From what I can gather, this is a "hard case" release of the same CD.  Again, that's from what I can tell...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #598 on: November 16, 2005, 03:21:01 AM »

Why would they reissue the same album so soon after it was released? Why do they think people want it? The only reason it sold so well is because it was about $5.99 everywhere it was sold. Is the reissue gonna be $3.99? hihi

You're quite wrong on that. It went Gold in Greece and you won't see it under 15 euros here, which is about $17. And it's not that cheap in Japan... Check the price... The first issue was even more expensive than the reissue...

It's a re-issue with some different packaging.? The original release, both in the states and in Japan was a digipack.? From what I can gather, this is a "hard case" release of the same CD.? Again, that's from what I can tell...

Do you mean "jewel case"? Cause it was released like that in Europe and in Asia (I think so...).

god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #599 on: November 16, 2005, 09:23:06 AM »

Anyone remembers my idea about a reissue Grin Grin Grin

Somebody could have misunderstood things though and they just re release "Greatest Hits" in another circulation before christmas. As far as I remember the meager sentences used on the 2 pages use nearly the exact words as MTV commented on "Greatest Hits" last year.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: