Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185569 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #540 on: November 05, 2005, 09:28:52 PM »

can somebody just explain to me how geffen caan release this album, seeing as Sanctuary own the rights to gnr songs. thanks.

Sanctuary is under the Geffen umbrella i think?

Nope, not even close. Sanctuary has absolutely nothing to do with Geffen.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #541 on: November 06, 2005, 03:35:22 AM »

can somebody just explain to me how geffen caan release this album, seeing as Sanctuary own the rights to gnr songs. thanks.

because sanctuary is the publisher and geffen is a record label. GNR has nothing to do with sanctuary records, they are managed by the sanctuary music group and the rights to the songs are owned by sanctuary music group.

basically sanctuary owns the songs in the same sence that michael jackson owns the beatles catalog

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #542 on: November 06, 2005, 04:55:44 AM »

It just dosent make any sence putting out a GHits 2....I can only think of 1 song that should have been in 1 which is Estranged.
Unless u put fav favs line Its so easy and Brownstone RQ..ect... Which is why GH 1 should have been called singles..... peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Evolution
« Reply #543 on: November 06, 2005, 08:45:41 AM »

Aaaah, my mistake then!
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #544 on: November 06, 2005, 10:11:34 AM »

because sanctuary is the publisher and geffen is a record label. GNR has nothing to do with sanctuary records, they are managed by the sanctuary music group and the rights to the songs are owned by sanctuary music group.

basically sanctuary owns the songs in the same sence that michael jackson owns the beatles catalog

So they make money out of it, but don't choose how the songs are distributed? I'm confused.  confused

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #545 on: November 06, 2005, 01:58:48 PM »

So they make money out of it, but don't choose how the songs are distributed? I'm confused.? confused

remember GNR has some OFFICIAL albums, includin' TSI so they're gonna take some tracks that weren't so fucking famous before from every official gnr's stuff, but who's gonna buy that crap! anyway?  Roll Eyes ... these days GNR ain?t sell albums like avril lavigne, simple, plan, Shakira, Ricky Martin,cold play, etc,? but maybe to get a lot of money from the fans there?s a secret plan by Geffen so it's one like this :

-Geffen has a fucking surprised into that re-edited stuff (something like inedited videos or hidden tracks)  Smiley

...maybe not!  rant
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #546 on: November 14, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »

so the gh2 is really confirmed by geffen?  Huh

"Geffen Records confirms that there will be a second GNR Greatest Hits album coming out. Several dates have been tossed around starting with December through March. Geffen says they are forced to release an album because Axl Rose has never released the promised album to repay the advance they gave him. The first one caused the three band members, Axl, SLASH and Duff to join forces to sue trying to block that album claiming the record company put it together without their input. Axl's long delayed album has yet to be released. Thanks, Brian for that update."

http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #547 on: November 14, 2005, 10:17:41 AM »

so the gh2 is really confirmed by geffen?  Huh

"Geffen Records confirms that there will be a second GNR Greatest Hits album coming out. Several dates have been tossed around starting with December through March. Geffen says they are forced to release an album because Axl Rose has never released the promised album to repay the advance they gave him. The first one caused the three band members, Axl, SLASH and Duff to join forces to sue trying to block that album claiming the record company put it together without their input. Axl's long delayed album has yet to be released. Thanks, Brian for that update."

http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

Well, I wouldn't consider snakepit.org an official source for GN'R news.  I haven't seen anything yet on MTV.com, or any other major music news site.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #548 on: November 14, 2005, 12:27:35 PM »

Geffen says they are forced to release an album because Axl Rose has never released the promised album to repay the advance they gave him.

They are forced by who?
Whoever this geffen guy is, he sounds very professional.  hihi
DemocracyRose
« Reply #549 on: November 14, 2005, 02:36:43 PM »

sp1at.com

Plans for a second Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits album have advanced to a new stage.

Universal have told Splat that they are planning on releasing a double greatest hits album, with Volume 1 featuring as one half of the new package.

The double album has been given a provisional release date of December 13th 2005 (US), although this is still to be confirmed
SADIS
« Reply #550 on: November 14, 2005, 02:39:18 PM »

Wow, looks like we really are gonna get a 2nd GH...... damnit I really wanna know what's holding up CD!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #551 on: November 14, 2005, 02:45:49 PM »

sp1at.com

Plans for a second Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits album have advanced to a new stage.

Universal have told Splat that they are planning on releasing a double greatest hits album, with Volume 1 featuring as one half of the new package.

The double album has been given a provisional release date of December 13th 2005 (US), although this is still to be confirmed

that sounds interesting...
but it kinda sucks for all those who bought the first one and then buys the secund one with the same cd on... oh well...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #552 on: November 14, 2005, 02:49:20 PM »

sp1at.com

Well, remember that this is a rumour from SP1AT.. Anyway, there should be a release date soon, coz December 13th is right around the corner..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #553 on: November 14, 2005, 02:52:28 PM »

I think, this is weird... Because the other day Geffen has no GNR cd on there december list!!! confused

Geffen's release list is up to 12/20.  With no GN'R anywhere in site, is it safe to conclude that 2005 will officially become another lost year?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:54:16 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #554 on: November 14, 2005, 03:06:11 PM »

sp1at.com

You would think that with all of this GH II jabbering that the former members and Axl himself would be bitching about it in the press.

Evolution
« Reply #555 on: November 14, 2005, 03:09:30 PM »

A double boxset sounds crazy. Why not just reissue UYI I and II?? Most of the songs are the exact same
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #556 on: November 14, 2005, 03:39:17 PM »

A double boxset sounds crazy. Why not just reissue UYI I and II?? Most of the songs are the exact same

Remastered versions of their back catelogue bundled with the demo's that Geffen own the rights to would seme the most sensible thing to do

And the best thing of all to do would be to get Axl to remaster the albums....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #557 on: November 14, 2005, 03:44:33 PM »

In that case, Dizzy would say we should buy it if it's real.
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #558 on: November 14, 2005, 04:13:29 PM »

It would rock if it came with some unreleased songs/demoes. Maybe some from between 95-97 when that album with Slash, Duff and Matt was supposed to come out.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #559 on: November 14, 2005, 04:13:55 PM »

Remastered versions of their back catelogue bundled with the demo's that Geffen own the rights to would seme the most sensible thing to do

..... which would take another 14 years!

Jonx
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: