Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185342 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #480 on: November 01, 2005, 11:39:44 AM »

I guess we will see this week. If we don't hear anything before next friday then I suppose GH2 is off.
Not necessary. Don't forget the 1st Greatest Hits was announced in february (official press release), for a release in march. And by the month of November 2003, the rumour appeared. We are in the same situation for the momment. So I would say let's wait until february, even if I think it's a Hoax. There is still a possibility though.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #481 on: November 01, 2005, 12:02:48 PM »

Off subject: I have to agree with Jarmo that it'd be pretty retarded to have CD updated on the web with the status of it.  I think they've proven that unless they announce something through a press release it usually isn't true.  They announce a tour, they put it on the web.  They announce Buckethead has left, they release a press release.

On subject:  Doesn't it seem like this rumor has fizzled out really fast and the only one's keeping it alive are Splat?

Off subject: here we have quite a few drama queens that are so easily get upset and quick to change their minds. see how some dude's moods change through this thread. That's hysterical. hihi
better know we're in 'Here today gone to hell' (or tomorrow)  peace

On subject: yes so it seems and to be precise n fair, it's rather Blabbermouth.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #482 on: November 01, 2005, 01:00:37 PM »

I guess we will see this week. If we don't hear anything before next friday then I suppose GH2 is off.

rant  GH2 sucks, who's gonna buy it anyway? we all wanna hear a new album n' not crap like that, this is another dirty trick to take our money away but they won't get it from me at least!  Roll Eyes
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #483 on: November 01, 2005, 01:05:52 PM »

as if universal norway would know jack shit or have any contact with gn'r... confused it's good that they took back the statement witch they first issued.

They probably know when a Grestest Hits album is coming since it seems to be their idea.

/jarmo

sure, someone in universal knows everything about record releases and probobly has an answer to most of our stupid questions about gn'r, but i highly doubht that that fucker sits around in the universal norway office spreading rumours via e-mails about gn'r...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #484 on: November 01, 2005, 01:07:42 PM »

as if universal norway would know jack shit or have any contact with gn'r... confused it's good that they took back the statement witch they first issued.

They probably know when a Grestest Hits album is coming since it seems to be their idea.

/jarmo

sure, someone in universal knows everything about record releases and probobly has an answer to most of our stupid questions about gn'r, but i highly doubht that that fucker sits around in the universal norway office spreading rumours via e-mails about gn'r...

hell yeah!, they just laugh at us!  Angry
Megaguns
« Reply #485 on: November 01, 2005, 04:03:04 PM »

I think a casual gnr fan would buy GH2 because they are not aware that GnR only released 4 and a half albums. With the amount of good tunes on just a few records it would be easy for a casual listener to assume that they released many more records than they actually did. Sure us big gnr fans know every detail about the releases etc but the people who are not wouldnt know or care so i think they are the audience for GH2.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #486 on: November 01, 2005, 04:54:57 PM »

Agreed, Megaguns
Even if the GH 2 business were 2 happen,
it would be just The label thinking they shouldn't miss the golden opportunity to make the most of the retro GNR boom of late.
And the other project (CD) might have no direct bearing on that one.

CD is coming out, regardless.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #487 on: November 01, 2005, 07:33:34 PM »

Is it not all a big dirty trick, not matter how close or far away you are from the situation, you can still tell that after ten years it is a joke,,
I don't think Axl wants to do Guns N Roses, if he did he would put out a record !
I think he is just baiting you and leading you on,

1- to keep the money from sales of GNR merchandise coming in

2- to keep his options open, and the hype going for the day that maybe he will want to do the GNR thing again

rant GH2 sucks, who's gonna buy it anyway? we all wanna hear a new album n' not crap like that, this is another dirty trick to take our money away but they won't get it from me at least! Roll Eyes

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #488 on: November 02, 2005, 02:40:36 AM »

imagin' if you went to the record store ta buy the greatest hits II n' you find Chinese Democracy drool drool

i can only dream.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
shaun
« Reply #489 on: November 02, 2005, 03:16:57 AM »

What does NASA stand for?

Need Another Seven Astronauts
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #490 on: November 02, 2005, 03:30:23 AM »

sp1at.com

Sanctuary have played down talk of another Guns N'Roses greatest hits album.

According to various people at Universal, a second greatest hits album is being planned for next March. However, Sanctuary have told us, "Anyone at Universal or Interscope who has any credible knowledge isn't talking to anyone about anything."

They have advised that people, "..need to stop trying to guess what is going to happen next. We will announce news when we are ready."

Meanwhile, Dizzy Reed is currently telling interviewers and fans that Chinese Democracy will happen sooner than you think.

Written by bigboss

So I guess GH2 is off... ok

No sympathy for Sanctuary or Universal. This project has been open ended way too long. It is very natural for fans to get anxious especially when music sites on the 'net begin reporting these rumors. It is not hard for some PR flunkie to simply report back with the truth when the rumor has entered the vein of the more populated music sites.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #491 on: November 02, 2005, 03:57:01 AM »

BUt , also you gotta give credit to big media outlets, like MTV, FUSE, and others havent jumped on this like they have in the past only to be wrong, I kinda look at this as akin to politcal fubars, and newspapers, that report bs, like the NY times( and they are just fallin off the scope of real respectible journalism ) have been

TRUE journalist, are lookin for real sources, internet sites are jumpin on the bandwagon of trying to break news that isnt there, or be like the national Enquirer. Either way news will come , in one of 2 ways, a TRue press release, or under the table release. Both of which are fine with me.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #492 on: November 02, 2005, 01:26:03 PM »

Is it not all a big dirty trick, not matter how close or far away you are from the situation, you can still tell that after ten years it is a joke,,
I don't think Axl wants to do Guns N Roses, if he did he would put out a record !

2- to keep his options open, and the hype going for the day that maybe he will want to do the GNR thing again

rant GH2 sucks, who's gonna buy it anyway? we all wanna hear a new album n' not crap like that, this is another dirty trick to take our money away but they won't get it from me at least! Roll Eyes

you accuse Axl unfairly but you don't say a word 'bout his ex-pals, they're the only one to stop the new band/Axl to date so how da?fuck can ya still wait to buy a new gnr' stuff when axl's hands are fucking tight since 1996 all cuz of slah!?    Roll Eyes
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #493 on: November 02, 2005, 08:48:20 PM »

you accuse Axl unfairly but you don't say a word 'bout his ex-pals, they're the only one to stop the new band/Axl to date so how da?fuck can ya still wait to buy a new gnr' stuff when axl's hands are fucking tight since 1996 all cuz of slah!? Roll Eyes
Axl owns the name, he has since he blackmailed the band into signing it over before UYI, by threatening to quit,
 this is not Slash's fault, Axl toured in 2002 with the name,
Slash is more interested in seeing it happen,
he tried to go see Axl play in Vegas a couple years ago, Axl had him banned for the night, they would not let him in, Slash has said countless times he would love to hear some new Guns n Roses.

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #494 on: November 02, 2005, 09:02:40 PM »

you accuse Axl unfairly but you don't say a word 'bout his ex-pals, they're the only one to stop the new band/Axl to date so how da?fuck can ya still wait to buy a new gnr' stuff when axl's hands are fucking tight since 1996 all cuz of slah!? Roll Eyes
Axl owns the name, he has since he blackmailed the band into signing it over before UYI, by threatening to quit,
 this is not Slash's fault, Axl toured in 2002 with the name,
Slash is more interested in seeing it happen,
he tried to go see Axl play in Vegas a couple years ago, Axl had him banned for the night, they would not let him in, Slash has said countless times he would love to hear some new Guns n Roses.

If I were a betting man, Id say Slash and company are going to be first in line to purchase CD when it hits shelves. I wont expect ellaborate interviews where they get quoted as saying what an epic masterpiece it is, or a pile of shit. I think they'll be incredibly unbiased and enjoy it as much as we no doubt will.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #495 on: November 02, 2005, 09:09:27 PM »

imagin' if you went to the record store ta buy the greatest hits II n' you find Chinese Democracy drool drool

i can only dream.

man, I still don?t believe that people don?t think that this is a good idea...
this shit will be crazy, you will go the first day of sales to buy the GH2 and you will there CD there, in front of you... you will call averyone of your friends on the cel phone!! people, tv?s, radios... will "promote" the album WITHOUT a doubt!! and FOR FREE !

and better, the record company could do some propagandas to air, lets see, 6 hours after the album hits the stores.... will be fucking genius !!!

misterbrownstone
« Reply #496 on: November 02, 2005, 10:43:46 PM »

i can only dream.

this shit will be crazy, you will go the first day of sales to buy the GH2 and you will there CD there, in front of you... you will call averyone of your friends on the cel phone!! people, tv?s, radios... will "promote" the album WITHOUT a doubt!! and FOR FREE !

and better, the record company could do some propagandas to air, lets see, 6 hours after the album hits the stores.... will be fucking genius !!!

i'd seriously have a panic attack and i'd say i'd be a 50% chance i'd faint if that happened. no
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #497 on: November 03, 2005, 12:17:24 AM »

i can only dream.

this shit will be crazy, you will go the first day of sales to buy the GH2 and you will there CD there, in front of you...

Although I enjoy your enthusiasm, I don't think many fans are going to be waiting in line to purchase GHII on the first day......but just a guess.

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #498 on: November 03, 2005, 07:58:07 AM »

Although I enjoy your enthusiasm, I don't think many fans are going to be waiting in line to purchase GHII on the first day......but just a guess.

I know for certain I wont be in line to purchase a second Greatist Hits album. I dont think Ive been in a record store on the day of release since NIN's With Teeth.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #499 on: November 03, 2005, 08:51:47 AM »

I dont think Ive been in a record store on the day of release since NIN's With Teeth.

so it's been quite a while then!  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: