Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185319 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #460 on: November 01, 2005, 04:01:20 AM »

I don't have a hard time believing it's official. If it is, I wouldn't be surprised at all. And this is not Chinese Democracy in cover or whatever, for sure.

DemocracyRose
« Reply #461 on: November 01, 2005, 04:09:23 AM »

sp1at.com

Sanctuary have played down talk of another Guns N'Roses greatest hits album.

According to various people at Universal, a second greatest hits album is being planned for next March. However, Sanctuary have told us, "Anyone at Universal or Interscope who has any credible knowledge isn't talking to anyone about anything."

They have advised that people, "..need to stop trying to guess what is going to happen next. We will announce news when we are ready."

Meanwhile, Dizzy Reed is currently telling interviewers and fans that Chinese Democracy will happen sooner than you think.

Written by bigboss

So I guess GH2 is off... ok
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #462 on: November 01, 2005, 04:16:17 AM »

This is so fucking stupid IMO...Fuck GH1..Fuck GH2...Fuck Geffen...Get Chinese Democracy out and leave the back catologue(sp?)alone.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #463 on: November 01, 2005, 07:43:50 AM »

They have advised that people, "..need to stop trying to guess what is going to happen next. We will announce news when we are ready."

This doesn't seem to be good enough for fans. They want to guess and ask Sanctuary about every rumor. Or so it seems....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #464 on: November 01, 2005, 07:47:14 AM »

This doesn't seem to be good enough for fans. They want to guess and ask Sanctuary about every rumor. Or so it seems....

/jarmo

Well, cant blame them, can we?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #465 on: November 01, 2005, 07:51:58 AM »

/jarmo

Too right! I don't feel sorry for Geffen/Sanctuary or whoever in the slightest. They wouldn't be in this position if they communicated with their fans reasonably, or at least made them feel like they were valued. How hard can it be? Most 'active' bands have an official website. Most bands allow each of their members to talk to fans about what's up with their band, without talking in riddles or making empty promises.

Please tell me you agree with that, at the very least.

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #466 on: November 01, 2005, 07:56:35 AM »

Depends. Some rumors are just rumors. Or even wishful thinking.

I don't think you'll get too many "yes, that rumor is correct" replies from them. We'll find out what rumors are true when there's announcements from GN'R.

Most 'active' bands have an official website. Most bands allow each of their members to talk to fans about what's up with their band, without talking in riddles or making empty promises.

Yes, I agree with what you said about most other bands.  hihi

In case you missed how GN'R works, they don't announce things when there's nothing to announce.

Sometimes it's unfortunate, sometimes it's understandable. How many "no, we don't have an album coming next month" announcements would you like to read?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #467 on: November 01, 2005, 08:04:30 AM »

I don't think you'll get too many "yes, that rumor is correct" replies from them. We'll find out what rumors are true when there's announcements from GN'R.

Most 'active' bands have an official website. Most bands allow each of their members to talk to fans about what's up with their band, without talking in riddles or making empty promises.

Yes, I agree with what you said about most other bands.? hihi

In case you missed how GN'R works, they don't announce things when there's nothing to announce.

Sometimes it's unfortunate, sometimes it's understandable. How many "no, we don't have an album coming next month" announcements would you like to read?

/jarmo

Jarmo, i dont think this is about, Yes, No answers from GNR. Its about keeping the fans update throug the progress. Not only about the albums status, but the bands status, and an explenation about things we, the fans, wonder. Like, the people who went to the no-shows in 2002. And things like that! And they keep saying, there is nothing to update, but im pretty sure there is alot to update, that wouldent solve the mystery about Chinese Democracy.
 Not me beeing negative. But i think there is a lack of communication. Remember most of us have waited for almost 15 years, so you cant blame fans, for tryn to find news, and wanna know whats happening with the band they have loved and stood behind all over the years...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #468 on: November 01, 2005, 08:15:02 AM »

Jarmo, i dont think this is about, Yes, No answers from GNR. Its about keeping the fans update throug the progress. Not only about the albums status, but the bands status, and an explenation about things we, the fans, wonder. Like, the people who went to the no-shows in 2002. And things like that! And they keep saying, there is nothing to update, but im pretty sure there is alot to update, that wouldent solve the mystery about Chinese Democracy.
Not me beeing negative. But i think there is a lack of communication. Remember most of us have waited for almost 15 years, so you cant blame fans, for tryn to find news, and wanna know whats happening with the band they have loved and stood behind all over the years...

I'm gonna take a stab at it and say, that Axl isn't done with life away from the spotlight.

If it doesn't concern his music.....then it's none of our buisiness.

I want an update as much as the next fan but, you can't get water from a stone. We can't make him talk. (Unless we email this story to as many news sites as possible hihi the bigger this gets the more likely a statement IMO)

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #469 on: November 01, 2005, 08:23:08 AM »

Album status: not released
Band status: unless announced otherwise same as before.

I think that's the problem. People want to believe everything they read and they get let down. Then they're frustrated that GN'R didn't say anytihng about the rumor....

Nothing is happening with the band. Unless they say otherwise. That's my opinion.

/jarmo

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #470 on: November 01, 2005, 08:30:19 AM »

Rumours are fun  to read and discuss, but a band shouldn't recognize or deny them every time they come up. Sure it would be nice to have an active official site (and it will become alive sometime...), but we will eventually get news when there are news to be spread.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #471 on: November 01, 2005, 08:49:58 AM »

Yes, I agree with what you said about most other bands.? hihi

/jarmo

Do you think we would be told if it was all over?

Here today...ready to rock
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #472 on: November 01, 2005, 08:54:08 AM »

Of course not

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #473 on: November 01, 2005, 08:56:48 AM »

Album status: not released
Band status: unless announced otherwise same as before.

I think that's the problem. People want to believe everything they read and they get let down. Then they're frustrated that GN'R didn't say anytihng about the rumor....

Nothing is happening with the band. Unless they say otherwise. That's my opinion.

/jarmo

Yeah, i know what you mean. I like reading rumours, because they "might" be true, i dont let myself be let down by anything concerning GNR anymore.
But, i wanna be objectiv about this. Dont just see things from "the band/Axl`s" point of view! Beeing one of the biggest bands of all time, i guess they have some kind of expirience about how, fans, and other people how like they music, will act. So i guess GNR gotta handle this, one way or another. Maybe they are doing it right by beeing quiet, or maybe they should give some updates, and calm things down. I think they could keep the rumours down, by giving som smal updates.
But i wont blame them. Its theyr chooise, maybe they loose alot of fans, this way. Or maybe its a way to make the new GNR even more mystic and legendery. Guess we gotta wait and see.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #474 on: November 01, 2005, 09:04:03 AM »

Merck probably has precious little to do with this.? If it IS a Greatest Hits II (and not just some sort of naming ruse to cover CD's tracks to discourage leaks and the like) then Merck really has nothing to do with it.
Not that I'm wishing more headaches on Merck than he probably already has but, since Axl sold his "catalog" share to Sanctuary, wouldn't a GH2 be Merck's (legal) problem now?? Or doesn't one have anything to do with the other?? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #475 on: November 01, 2005, 09:23:36 AM »

A spokesperson for Geffen Records has confirmed to Launch that a second GUNS N' ROSES greatest hits album is coming. MusicTap.net has reported a tentative release date of December 6, but other sources, including Universal Music Norway, are suggesting a March 2006 arrival for the disc. The label spokesperson did not have information on a release date or any other details about the set.

The first GUNS N' ROSES hits collection, released in March of 2004, has sold nearly 2.5 million copies in the U.S. GUNS N' ROSES vocalist Axl Rose, along with former guitarist Slash and ex-bassist Duff McKagan, tried to block the release of "Greatest Hits" with a lawsuit, claiming that the record label had assembled the CD without their input.

The band's label, Geffen Records, insisted that it was forced to put out a greatest hits album since Axl Rose had failed to deliver the long-delayed new GUNS album, "Chinese Democracy". That project has still not been scheduled for release.

--------------
ITs from Blabbermouth!

guess Axl failed again huh?? Roll Eyes

Wow, talk about cobbeling together a whole bunch of rumors in one article.

Every single thing in that article was taken, directly or indirectly, from this thread...even the "Geffen spokesperson" (who, by the way isn't....)

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Evolution
« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2005, 10:11:59 AM »

Notice when it comes to spokespersons and whatnot we never get a name ever  Cheesy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #477 on: November 01, 2005, 10:28:40 AM »

It still might be a Hoax and a cover-up for CD...I don't feel 100% convinced of this GH 2 album. I don't feel it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #478 on: November 01, 2005, 10:35:57 AM »

Off subject: I have to agree with Jarmo that it'd be pretty retarded to have CD updated on the web with the status of it. ?I think they've proven that unless they announce something through a press release it usually isn't true. ?They announce a tour, they put it on the web. ?They announce Buckethead has left, they release a press release.

On subject: ?Doesn't it seem like this rumor has fizzled out really fast and the only one's keeping it alive are Splat?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #479 on: November 01, 2005, 11:34:02 AM »

I guess we will see this week. If we don't hear anything before next friday then I suppose GH2 is off.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: