Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:14:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 185026 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #400 on: October 29, 2005, 06:22:11 AM »

Madison from mygnrforum.com who has contacts to the "GNR Camp"

I have contacted him - twice - and he isn't responding.
So, read into that what you will.

Well, Merck wont touch this GH2 thing...  Lips Sealed
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #401 on: October 29, 2005, 07:50:01 AM »

Mysteron, I knew you would say some vague shit like that. Thats always been your M.O. You just cant say anything of substance. If you said it was really a hits album and you ended up being wrong, you would be exposed as a fraud. If you said it was gonna be CD and you ended up being wrong, you would be exposed as a fraud. Its a no win situation on your part, so thats why its always vague comments. I'll never understand why you have so much credibility here. You have never said anything that came true. But one of these days, one of your vague statements will somehow meld with the truth, giving you God-like status. I'm not fooled. There are a few other people here more "in the know" than you, too bad they wont tell what they know to the forums, so people could stop begging for vague disinformation from you.

I'm totally late on this, but Mysteron has said stuff that's come true. For example, almost immediately after Greatest Hits was announced, Mysteron said that Axl, Slash, and Duff were all unhappy, he said that they'd be taking action against Universal, and he sent some kind of proof to Jarmo, and in the next day or two, it was announced in the press that Axl, Slash, and Duff were suing Universal. Just saying...

Disease51883 - HTGTH Historian
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2005, 07:57:30 AM »

disease51, go look at some of his old posts of news and predictions. You'll get a good laugh! rofl

badapple81
« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2005, 08:05:10 AM »

The guy sends his emails to Jarmo for verification. Jarmo would quickly put a stop to it if it was all a load of crap. Whether everything comes true or not, let's not shoot the messenger. At least he is trying to get and share information.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #404 on: October 29, 2005, 08:11:01 AM »

I'm off topic, that applies to everyone  ok
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #405 on: October 29, 2005, 08:15:31 AM »

I'm sure Mysteron is legit and what he says must be true (from what he's told).

There's a big thing though. Do you remember the "official" statement from management before Buckethead left?? "He's still under contract". Guess what? A few days later, Axl himself confirmed Buckethead had left the band...Hmmm...Same shit happened for the first GH. It was supposed to be cancelled (same with the crappy DVDs), it was against the band's will, blah blah, fuckin blah. What did we get? A crappy GH and crappy DVDs, Geffen released without the band's approval. Even if it's just talks, believe me, if Geffen/ Universal wants to release that crap, they fuckin will.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #406 on: October 29, 2005, 08:16:11 AM »

I wish I hadn't of said those comments about Mysteron. He's right, it should have been said in a PM. I just hate how these "in the know" people keep stringing us along. Its not just Mysteron. He's just the high profile one. They give a little info, nothing comes of it, and then a little more info. This goes on forever. Its very frustrating.

disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #407 on: October 29, 2005, 08:21:04 AM »

And I normally would have sent my message to James through PM rather than take the thread off track, but I thought it was something other new folks might want to read.

But, yeah, have fun speculating...
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #408 on: October 29, 2005, 08:46:32 AM »

I'll go on record as saying "Greatest Hits 2" will never happen.

It's ridiculous. They could hardly fill the first one.

"Best Of..." maybe. "Chinese Democracy"...maybe.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #409 on: October 29, 2005, 08:53:43 AM »

I agree. It just seems inexcusable that they would consider releasing another hits album. Yeah the first one sucked, but is now really time to redeem that hits album? The first one had their biggest hits, so they should just leave that hits shit alone for right now. The tracklisting sucked, but later on down the road do a Best of Guns N Roses with a proper tracklist. I really hope this is just a smokescreen so CD doesn't leak before its ready for release. If it is a hits cd, we have a LOOOOOONG year ahead of us! crying

lawrence
« Reply #410 on: October 29, 2005, 08:58:35 AM »

flogging a dead horse springs to mind
Megaguns
« Reply #411 on: October 29, 2005, 09:35:51 PM »

i dont know if anyone has already said this, but is it possible that its a dvd and not a cd?
With just live versions of their so called greatest hits? After all, those UYI tokyo concerts sucked compared to other live shit.
conny
« Reply #412 on: October 29, 2005, 09:55:35 PM »

i dont know if anyone has already said this, but is it possible that its a dvd and not a cd?
With just live versions of their so called greatest hits? After all, those UYI tokyo concerts sucked compared to other live shit.

"Welcome To The Videos" was already a Best Of / Greatest Hits compilation. I never understood why people bought the GH, when they could have the same songs on DVD with great music videos - incl. "Estranged". As for the live "best of" that would be "Live Era". If you count all these together, there's FOUR "Best Of / Greatest Hits" compilations already:

Tokyo 1992 (2-DVD)
Welcome To The Videos (DVD)
Live Era (2-CD)
Greatest Hits (CD)

And now another GH? No way!

If they want to cash in on old stuff, they should release REMASTERED version of the albums.

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #413 on: October 29, 2005, 09:59:22 PM »

He touched the new DVD issue and denied it stating that it was an unofficial release. If you look at it logically Merck denied this as total bullshit, he refused to deny the Da Vinchi Code rumour, which means something might be happeneing there. Now he is refusing to deny this which to me also indicates that something is happening. Seems strange to me, if it is just another greatest hits package why doesnt he say yes and put the issue to rest? He is deliberatly choosing to ignore them, Blackberries!

Jonx
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #414 on: October 29, 2005, 11:20:27 PM »

Well, Merck wont touch this GH2 thing...? Lips Sealed

Merck has much bigger problems right now.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #415 on: October 29, 2005, 11:41:18 PM »

It has been emphazised that this album will be released at the same time all over the world. Is this of any signifcance? Greatest Hits in 2004 were released on March 15th in Europe and March 23rd in the USA. Does anybody know why some albums have this difference of releasedates and others don't?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rainX
« Reply #416 on: October 29, 2005, 11:54:32 PM »

Madison does not have "contacts to the GNR Camp" She figured out Merck Mercuradis's e-mail address which anyone with half a brain could figure out if they thought about it for a second.........
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #417 on: October 30, 2005, 12:12:58 AM »

Well, Merck wont touch this GH2 thing...? Lips Sealed

He touched the new DVD issue and denied it stating that it was an unofficial release. If you look at it logically Merck denied this as total bullshit, he refused to deny the Da Vinchi Code rumour, which means something might be happeneing there. Now he is refusing to deny this which to me also indicates that something is happening. Seems strange to me, if it is just another greatest hits package why doesnt he say yes and put the issue to rest? He is deliberatly choosing to ignore them, Blackberries!

Jonx

but now I?m thinking that we will see a new GNR track on the Da Vinci Code and the same track will be on Greatest Hits II and then it will promote de album

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2005, 12:55:18 AM »

Jonx

but now I?m thinking that we will see a new GNR track on the Da Vinci Code and the same track will be on Greatest Hits II and then it will promote de album

Could Happen. Da Vinci Code is going to be a huge hid regardless of how good it is. All those millions of people who have read the book are going to go and see the movie just to check it out for themselves. Axl and the record company know it so its a great springboard to release a new single. When is the film due out, if someone says March/April then there is definitly something going on!

Jonx
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2005, 12:59:55 AM »

as far as i can find out the release date is MAY 19 2006 for the film  beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 69 Go Up Print