Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:15:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184754 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #320 on: October 28, 2005, 05:39:13 AM »

I don't see what's so crazy or weird about that GH2. It looks pretty clear to me: it's yet another threat from Geffen to GN'R to release their new album...or else...they will release another crappy best of or whatever without the band's approval (GH1, anyone?).

It seems to me that the new deadline for Chinese Democracy is March 6, 2006 (I didn't say release date). If the band doesn't deliver, Geffen will release whatever they feel like. It happened once before, I don't see why it would be different this time. Now we all have to cross our fingers that the band can deliver the new album before Geffen acts on this new GH.

anythinggoes
« Reply #321 on: October 28, 2005, 05:43:44 AM »

PEOPLE

I DON'T HAVE THE STUDIO VERSION OF MADAGASCAR AND THE BLUES, IT WAS A JOKE, READ MORE CAREFULLY NEXT TIME.

STOM PM'ING ME...

rofl

what did i say
badapple81
« Reply #322 on: October 28, 2005, 05:50:29 AM »

I don't see what's so crazy or weird about that GH2. It looks pretty clear to me: it's yet another threat from Geffen to GN'R to release their new album...or else...they will release another crappy best of or whatever without the band's approval (GH1, anyone?).

It seems to me that the new deadline for Chinese Democracy is March 6, 2006 (I didn't say release date). If the band doesn't deliver, Geffen will release whatever they feel like. It happened once before, I don't see why it would be different this time. Now we all have to cross our fingers that the band can deliver the new album before Geffen acts on this new GH.

I wonder if Geffen have the rights to release unheard recordings etc. or live shows?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #323 on: October 28, 2005, 05:55:58 AM »

I don't think so, unfortunately... Sad I think there's some rights issues that they can't release such recordings, they can only release whatever GN'R has already recorded and released commercially (hence, GH1, DVDs from the VHS releases, etc.). I do wonder why they don't release the Makin' Fuckin' Videos though, maybe they signed something with Axl not to release them (I don't think Slash and Duff would interfere with such a release).

Concerning unheard live recordings, I believe Axl, Slash and Duff have all the rights on them.

badapple81
« Reply #324 on: October 28, 2005, 06:03:57 AM »

Makes sense, thanks for the answer.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #325 on: October 28, 2005, 07:05:06 AM »

Mysteron, I knew you would say some vague shit like that. Thats always been your M.O. You just cant say anything of substance. If you said it was really a hits album and you ended up being wrong, you would be exposed as a fraud. If you said it was gonna be CD and you ended up being wrong, you would be exposed as a fraud. Its a no win situation on your part, so thats why its always vague comments. I'll never understand why you have so much credibility here. You have never said anything that came true. But one of these days, one of your vague statements will somehow meld with the truth, giving you God-like status. I'm not fooled. There are a few other people here more "in the know" than you, too bad they wont tell what they know to the forums, so people could stop begging for vague disinformation from you. rant

James, listen to me. If you have a comment to make about me, you PM me. How many times do you need to be told

I don't have a status, and it's only posts like this that make people think I do. You've been here five minutes compared to most and you'd do well to remember that
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #326 on: October 28, 2005, 07:12:24 AM »

Mysterons "Big Red Phone" should be ringing off the hook. Grin
fake phones dont ring off the hook!

Well activate the Mysteron "Bat Signal" then.? I would really like to hear his thoughts.

It's talk and no action as far as I know

So it's just a threat then?

I don't know. It's chatter, and that's all I know.

Whether Uni will follow through we'll need to wait and see

As for all these stories confirming dates, ignore them
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2005, 07:12:58 AM »

When should we bring up the street team thing again Mysteron? ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2005, 07:14:36 AM »

When should we bring up the street team thing again Mysteron? ok

Who knows  hihi

Soon hopefully
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2005, 07:14:48 AM »

It seems to me that the new deadline for Chinese Democracy is March 6, 2006 (I didn't say release date).

Maybe the GH2 is a threat, but the March 6 deadline is unlikely since that'd be the release date of the best of album. The deadline can be the end of this year, or sometime in January.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2005, 07:42:01 AM »

I think it goes without saying Oh my god will be on there (it pretty much has to be - it was a ''hit'' of sorts - and this will be the ''new track'' as SFTD was on the last one.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2005, 07:47:25 AM »

Hmm. Nightrain, It's So Easy, Rocket Queen, Garden of Eden, The Garden, Pretty Tied Up, Don't Cry (alt.)...Those are about the only songs I can think of. Perhaps 'Oh My God'?

It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone
Rocket Queen
Used to love her
Garden of Eden
The Garden
Pretty Tied Up
Estranged
Dead Horse

Not the worst CD in the world in my opinion. Add Heartbreak Hotel as a bonus track and I would buy it for sure.

DTJ, Civil war and Coma would be nice too
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2005, 07:57:05 AM »

Civil War is already on the 'first' GH  Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #333 on: October 28, 2005, 08:21:14 AM »

A couple of things people need to remember:

First on the "Geffen officially announces" stuff.  Geffen hasn't announced butkiss.  Geffen "announces" things via press release, like the entire rest of the business world...remember the GH PR?  There has been, to date, no GH2 PR.  So, there has been no official announcement, no matter what anyone else claims.

So, what they must mean is "Geffen has decided on a release date".  That claim, too, is supsect since no reputable music seller has reported getting a date for the album (and they would be amongst the first to know).  As I've said before, I have a friend who works in PR and Marketing for a mid-sized music retailer (owned by a much larger music retailer).  I called her.  Nothing.  Not even a whisper from Geffen about GHII, or a hint that a PR is coming soon.

Maybe Geffen DOES have something in the pipelines.  Mayber there IS some chatter on the subject.  But I think the information being passed on is MUCH more concrete than the truth....but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2005, 08:26:06 AM »

You have a good point. When was the 1st GH annouced officially? Just by curiousity. Does anyone have the press release?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #335 on: October 28, 2005, 08:26:46 AM »

Wow this is getting crazy!!! Shocked

5 pages since last night. wow

Cristos AG. lol. rofl that's some funny shit rofl Just curious, how many pm's did you get?

So is the latest rumor Dec 6 or March 6? (Source for Mar 6?? cuz everything still seems to say Dec) I know Mysteron said the dates are all speculation (or Bullshit or whatever) but.....I just wanna be up to date.

BTW, Dec6, 2005 is a Tuesday and March 6th, 2006 is a Monday.

And now Geffen USA is saying it's all a lie? weird.

Lets keep it up people!! The bigger this gets the more likelyhood of an official statement!!!! Wooo-hoo ok

and if it does actually get released? I'll take the same route i did with GH(1) and all other unofficial merchandise. if it isn't endorsed by the band (old or new) I ain't buying it ok

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #336 on: October 28, 2005, 08:28:09 AM »

You have a good point. When was the 1st GH annouced officially? Just by curiousity. Does anyone have the press release?

Febuary 19th, 2004.

The PR link was posted here on the site......not sure if it's still active or not.

Edit: It is:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=95
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 08:32:09 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #337 on: October 28, 2005, 08:33:57 AM »

Cristos AG. lol. rofl that's some funny shit rofl Just curious, how many pm's did you get?

Let's just say... LOTS...

I hope people will read my last messages about it CAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE STUDIO VERSIONS OF MADAGASCAR AND THE BLUES. ONLY AXL HAS THOSE AND MY NAME IS CHRISTOS...

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #338 on: October 28, 2005, 08:36:24 AM »

Febuary 19th, 2004.

The PR link was posted here on the site......not sure if it's still active or not.

ok thanks. So they annouced the album the 19th february for a release 1 month later? Shocked That's dawn short.
We are in october, the GH 2 could definitely be released. There is still plenty of time for geffen to make an annoucement.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2005, 08:37:12 AM »

hehehe, still funny Christos, I mean Axl, I mean christos hihi (for real I beleive his name is Christos)

Febuary 19th, 2004.

that can't be pilferk... I thought GnR needed at least 10 months to promote something hihi

and it's been in the charts for 85 weeks? and it's not even approved by Axl, Slash and Duff.

There you go nay sayers. Axl doesn't need promotion time. Anything with a GnR name will sell like wild fire. cuz the tracklist on GH is shit IMHO
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 08:38:55 AM by Neemo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: