Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184625 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2005, 05:53:28 PM »

Brendan Morris, a tape researcher at Universal credited on the first Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits album, has confirmed to Splat that Universal are looking to put together a second Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits package.

However, whilst it is clear that something is going on at Universal, there is reason to believe that there may be more to this situation that meets the eye.

It is also worth noting that Sanctuary are refusing to comment on this at the current time.

Not that I believe Splat.........but just thought I'd post it to add more debate Tongue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2005, 05:54:20 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=43471

Nothing new really, but it seems the media are picking up on this now.. Also HTGTH is mentioned! ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2005, 05:54:39 PM »

Mysteron, I knew you would say some vague shit like that. Thats always been your M.O. You just cant say anything of substance. If you said it was really a hits album and you ended up being wrong, you would be exposed as a fraud. If you said it was gonna be CD and you ended up being wrong, you would be exposed as a fraud. Its a no win situation on your part, so thats why its always vague comments. I'll never understand why you have so much credibility here. You have never said anything that came true. But one of these days, one of your vague statements will somehow meld with the truth, giving you God-like status. I'm not fooled. There are a few other people here more "in the know" than you, too bad they wont tell what they know to the forums, so people could stop begging for vague disinformation from you. rant

Oh come on now James, God-like status? ?i mean, Maybe Jesus status... rofl ?
Anyway, Mysteron brought up a good point. ?Not handing over CD caused GH 1 last year, after all Geffen have spent, they'll probably start releasing stuff every year. ?And I don't blame them. Sad
Well if that's true the bastards could at least release something decent, something rare....

I agree with that. GNR's rarest hits!

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2005, 05:55:32 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=43471

Nothing new really, but it seems the media are picking up on this now.. Also HTGTH is mentioned! ok

Please can you post the article I can't get to it right now

Thanks

Andrew

conny
« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2005, 05:55:44 PM »

Look at the RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2005, 05:56:26 PM »

I first beleved it could be a cover-up for CD, but now I start to really believe the GH 2 is real. I have a bad feeling about it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2005, 05:57:18 PM »

Please can you post the article I can't get to it right now

Thanks

Andrew

From blabbermouth.net

According to MusicTap.net, the second GUNS N' ROSES' "greatest hits" collection, aptly entitled "Greatest Hits Vol. 2", is tentatively scheduled for release on December 6 via Geffen. However, a Universal Music Norway source has told the GUNS N' ROSES fan site Here Today... Gone To Hell! that the album is actually due in March 2006. No further details are currently available.

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" has sold 2.45 million copies in the United States (according to Nielsen SoundScan) since its March 2004 release.

GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose and fellow original members Slash and Duff McKagan tried to block "Greatest Hits"'s release by arguing in a lawsuit that Geffen Records was putting out the CD without their input. Geffen officials countered that they wouldn't have released the album if Rose had delivered the long-promised album "Chinese Democracy", which has been in the works for more than 10 years.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2005, 06:00:25 PM »

lets just hope its something Axl is included in! I mean, something he is in for! He mentioned a 10 track bonus cd, some years ago.. But lets just x our finger! Im sure there is something positive in the latest rumours, and i start to belive more and more this is a cover up!  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2005, 06:02:42 PM »

Thanks Spirit  ok With a little more exposure I believe this will force Sancturary or even Axl to say something...

conny
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2005, 06:06:29 PM »

Greatest Hits 2

December 6, 2005

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2005, 06:06:39 PM »

Hey Jarmo,

Why hasn't darknemus posted?Huh

Surely his radio friend could clear this all up? ok
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2005, 06:07:20 PM »

Would anyone on here really blame the record company if they did release Greatest Hits II?

I mean I am sure they would much rather be releasing CD if given a choice. If this GH sees the light of day it is only because Axl refuses to give them anything new to release, in which case I don't blame them for trying to recoup some of their money.

As hard as it is for some on this board, we need to realize it is Axl, and not the record company that causes situations like this to happen. He could have easily kept the first GH from coming out, just as he could easily keep this one from coming out if the information is true. He just chooses to sit around and let it happen. He has no one to blame but himself.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2005, 06:07:45 PM »

This GH2 nonsense could all go away if Axl would just put out Cd.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2005, 06:09:26 PM »

Greatest Hits 2

December 6, 2005

February 6th? Axl Bithday?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2005, 06:10:01 PM »

Maybe Axl was so pissed of about greatest hits that he decided change Chinese Democracy title to Greatest Hits Vol.2...? Huh?

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2005, 06:10:15 PM »

I'm just guessing Geffen wants to release that because CD is actually not "ready" or something.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2005, 06:10:38 PM »

Greatest Hits 2

December 6, 2005

That would do!

conny
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2005, 06:10:51 PM »

Greatest Hits 2

December 6, 2005

Close, but no cigar.

Try again.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2005, 06:12:35 PM »

I'm just guessing Geffen wants to release that because CD is actually not "ready" or something.

That is exactly why. Who in their right mind thinks the record company would actually prefer to release a 2nd consecutive greatest hits album over an album of new material? How the record could not be done is unfathomable, but where Axl is concerned nothing should come as a surprise.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #279 on: October 27, 2005, 06:13:24 PM »

Greatest Hits 2

December 6, 2005

Close, but no cigar.

Try again.

H?h! June 6th! No, there is NO hidden message

Nytunz.blogspot.com