Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" thread  (Read 184467 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

it can't be Chinese Democracy. it's too early for that, no pr has started, no first sigle hasn't arrived..forget it guys.

By the sound of it, it has been put back to March, Thats 5 Months away, it leaves plenty of time for pr and everything

The article says Geffen's Guns & Roses Greatest Hits, Volume 2.? How would that have anything to do with Chinese Democracy?? Isn't Axl on a different label now (Sanctuary)?

Its all the same company.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
rainX
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2005, 04:29:05 PM »

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/1856/Guns%20N'%20Roses.html

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »

being that its going to be released in Spring 2006 to me it means 1 of 2 things.

1)CD is nowhere in sight at the moment and this will try to force Axls hand otherwise they will just release more old material.

or

2) Theres a chance it could be a decoy for CD.

Lets look at the situatio. If the record company truly wanted to milk this album then why would they release it in the Spring. The correct release for this kind of CD is in Nov/Dec. ?During the Holidays, not Spring.
Also, maybe a decoy would allow the band and company to begin their promo plans without being hasseled in the beginning stages. Plus you know Axl likes surprises. How cool would it be to find out a few months before the date that its in fact going to be CD? Then they premier the single and all the promo stuff a month or 2 before the release and bam we are all happy

if option 2 doesnt happen then 2007 might be the year ?no

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2005, 04:32:54 PM »

Next GUNS N' ROSES release set for December 6th

Geffen Records has officially announced that the latest from Guns N' Roses will see the light of day this December 6th. It won't the long-waited studio record that fans have grown weary of waiting for, "Chinese Democracy", but Volume 2 of the band's Greatest Hits.

With the first installment, released last year amidst serious protests from the eccentric, reclusive Axl Rose, charting extremely well, a Volume 2 makes a great deal of sensefor a label that has waited and waited for its star attraction to produce new material.

The album tracklisting is said to be announced in the very near future.

Date: 2005-10-27
Author: Erin Fox

Source: http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/1856/Guns%20N'%20Roses.html

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2005, 04:38:57 PM »

imo this article doesn`t change anything...  it still could be a new greatest hits or really CD.........

if it`s going to be a greatest hits with a new setlist it would be cool because the original one sucks, but on the other hand one is enough

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2005, 04:42:11 PM »

It could also be trying to force Axls hand. Like by march you can either release CD or we are? putting out GH2.

I think this GH2 is really CD. It was first slated for Dec 6 2005 and now pushed back to march (rumored). Tommy and Fortus both said something might be happening in Dec if im not mistaken, so all signs point to it really being CD and not another GHs. The only way a GH2 would sell would be instead of all those cover songs on GH1 put a few new songs, maybe madagascar , the  blues and cd to preview CD. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 04:47:23 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2005, 04:46:42 PM »

Altough they just announced this release "Limp Bizkit's "Greatest Hitz" Features Band's Classic Tracks   [posted 10/26/2005]", there's no GN'R news on Geffen's site.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2005, 04:48:24 PM »

Umusic Archiver Confirms GN'R Greatest Hits II
27 October 2005, 8:22 PM

Brendan Morris, a tape researcher at Universal credited on the first Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits album, has confirmed to Splat that Universal are looking to put together a second Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits package.

However, whilst it is clear that something is going on at Universal, there is reason to believe that there may be more to this situation that meets the eye.

It is also worth noting that Sanctuary are refusing to comment on this at the current time.

Written by bigboss

Source: http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=661

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

being that its going to be released in Spring 2006 to me it means 1 of 2 things.

When did the GH change from Dec 6, 2005 to march 2006? did i miss something? Huh

prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2005, 04:53:18 PM »

Mysterons "Big Red Phone" should be ringing off the hook.   Grin

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2005, 04:54:57 PM »

i thought I read it was for the Spring...if its not then forget all these theories..Its a legit GH albumif its coming out in Dec.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2005, 04:55:21 PM »

whaao! I think this is god damn interesting!
Then there has to be a announcement any time soon!
 peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2005, 04:55:49 PM »

fake phones dont ring off the hook!

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2005, 04:56:33 PM »

i thought I read it was for the Spring...if its not then forget all these theories..Its a legit GH albumif its coming out in Dec.

The album is slated for March! Not december....

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2005, 04:57:42 PM »

if its March, then resume all decoy theories

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2005, 04:58:24 PM »

What the hell is going on?

A second GH is insane - a year after the first one, who's left to buy it? What on earth will they include on it?

I've heard of several GH's within a 5 year period but back to back is very dodgy - surely the label realise that

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »

If all of GN'R's singles, and therefore hits, were on the first one, how can they possibly release a 'Greatest Hits II'? Huh

Surely it would be 'The Best Of...', wouldn't it? Huh

Or is it a ploy/ruse/threat/call it what you want to force Axl's hand? Huh

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2005, 04:59:18 PM »

i think a "normal" release of chinese democracy is nearly impossible. i mean do you think there will be a press release and that was it??? ? maybe this is the right way......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2005, 04:59:32 PM »

yeah Huh
I see no reason why they should release a Greatest Hits II! There is no reason what so ever, BUT!! Remember the Bonus tracks Axl Talked about? ?peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2005, 05:01:17 PM »

yeah Huh
I see no reason why they should release a Greatest Hits II! There is no reason what so ever, BUT!! Remember the Bonus tracks Axl Talked about? ?peace

That doesn't have mass appeal - a few thousands on message board are all who would buy an album for a few bonus tracks

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: